King Bear - MBC Auto Center

130-29 Merrick Blvd, New York, NY 11434

Great Used Car Buying Experience

by from Lynbrook, NY |

Looking for a used car, we found a Honda Accord at MBC Auto Center at a fair price. Angelo drove car to my home to look at, did all the paperwork, and even did repair to brake, which we did not see at test drive. Even after the purchased was complete, Angelo and his people went out of their way to be sure we were satisfied. He is scrupulously honest. I'm happy to recommend MBC Auto Center.

2006 Honda Pilot

by from New York, NY |

I would definitely recommend buying a car from King Bear Auto! As a new father recently looking for a car to accommodate the newest addition to our family's household, I felt that it was important for me to buy a car from a dealership who had a proven track record in my book. A close family member of mine has been doing business with this dealership for the past decade, and after I went to purchase a car there, I can certainly see why! Not only were the staff very friendly, and knowledgable, but I felt that they were genuinely more concerned about me purchasing the best vehicle to accommodate my family, instead of me purchasing a more expensive vehicle that wouldn't accommodate my family at all. And for that, I'd certainly recommend this dealership to my friends!

Friendly, Pressure Free Car Buying Experience

by from Kew Gardens, NY |

Last year I started my used car search and was totally turned off by those used car lots where you could hardly walk around the inventory because the dealer packed cars in the lot like sardines. When you call on a car it takes literally all day for them to shuffle inventory around so you can actually see the car. In one instance when I got there the car that they said was available two hours before was sold and another more expensive model was available. Oh, and the fine print.....price in the add was not the actual price, I had to add $2500 Down even though I was buying cash. After this experience I bought a car from a private individual in September and the engine blew by Election Day! So you can see that I was very, very cautious and skeptical once I began to look again. I needed a small, trustworthy car with low mileage and started looking for the Ford Focus ZX3 which seemed to fit my needs. I found a 2001 at this dealer and called and spoke with Angel. Since I was on a budget I asked him to give me the "final out the door price" and he gave it to me right over the phone. I came in the next day and found that the inventory was very clean, the cars nicely spaced so that you could really walk around and inspect every car. I didn't know what to expect with a 2001, but it was in great shape and the engine was even detailed. Angel was kind enough to allow me to test drive the Focus even though it was a busy Saturday and he was short staffed. I put a deposit down and came in on Monday to pay for and pick up the car which was spotless and ready just as promised. Since they have their own repair shop the rear wiper which was not working was repaired in a jiffy. The ad for my car stated that, instead of the usual 3 month warranty, there was a 6mo/6,000mi warranty ( which was one of the things that attracted me to the deal given my past experience). However, the paperwork didn't reflect this extended warranty. When I pointed this out to Angelo, the Sales Manager, he promptly redid the paperwork to stand behind his advertisement. I know this is a long review, but I really wanted to express my appreciation for the way that I was treated by this dealer and had to give my personal back story also. I'm self employed, work solely on commission and can't have too many monthly bills so the best way to purchase a car is to set aside funds and buy cash. It's only been a few days and my Focus is running fine. Of course, with any used car, you take care of it and keep your fingers crossed, but I have additional confidence with the warranty. After my positive buying experience, I intend to return to their auto repair shop for service when needed.

July 25, 2013

Dear. Focus Fan We really appreciate you highest review. We try our hardest to make sure we are not like other independent car lots. We understand your misfortune with your car buying experience from other dealers. We are very pleased that you picked us to purchase your vehicle. and if there is anything we can do for you in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. God Bless you and your family & Safe travels

Best used car experience EVER!

by from Commack, NY |

I was told of this dealer by a friend and I decided to see if they had anything in my price range. I was so happy to see that not only did they have exactly what I was looking for, the car was in immaculate condition. I have 5 children and at times, it is difficult for me to go all over Long Island to look at cars. Angelo actually came to me and gave us an incredible price. He noticed on the drive out to me that the brakes were a little rough, and installed new brakes before the sale was finalized. I have never bought a new car, and my experiences shopping for used cars hasn't always been the best, but I am happy to say that I am 100% satisfied (even thrilled!) with this experience and should I or my husband ever be in the market for another used car, this will absolutely be my first (and probably last) stop! Thank you Angelo and all of your employees for a fabulous car and making this so easy for me. You all are the BEST!

July 25, 2013

We try our hardest to make sure all of our customers are treated like our own family. We are very happy the your like you new purchase and wish you and your entire family the best

2002 ford explorer xlt

by from new york,ny |

i brought this 2002 ford explorer from mbc a 2002 ford explorer it rides nice it takes the bumps good and it rides like a new car , i was really shock when i went home with it thinking it was all noise but this car ride like it was new i just couldnt believe it great miles for the year fully loaded sunroof really nice, the best thing about mbc they gave give me a loan my credit was shot couldnt get loan no where every dealer i went they was 50 percent down or at least 2000 down i explain to mbc that i was single dad n it took me almost 8 months to save a 1000 cause a daughter in school but they didnt give me a hard time they good me a loan in minutes n i was going home the same way thanks mbc really apricated what u done for me every one deserves a change n u came through for me thank u ill defentally be going back again to your guys again as soon as my daughter get her license

December 18, 2012

Dear Joeys from NYC,NY We are glad that you are very satisfied with your vehicle and we at MBC auto Center treat everyone like family. We strive on your review of our dealership. If you or your friends need a vehicle please send them to our dealership. We wish you a Happy Holiday and a safe New Year.

Mbc is awesome

by from New York, new York |

I have been searching For a used car for months until I finally met the guys at MBC, they have great cars at affordable prices. Steve and AJ were extremely helpful with me. They were not the pushy shark like salesman that you usually come across at used car lots. They were helpful in more ways than you can imagine. The car buying process was extremely smooth and delightful, at no point in the process did I have any second thoughts with the automobile I was buying. Not only do they sell cars but they are a repair shop as well. It made me feel comfortable in knowing that all their cars go through a pre-inspection at their facility before they go to sell them. That gave me a peace of mind knowing I was not buying a used car with problems. I could not be more happier with my experience at MBC. Not only do I have a new dealership to refer my friends and family to, I also have a great repair shop to maintenance my car at. Thanks again Steve and AJ,

June 20, 2012

Chrysler300 Thank you for your great review and feedback. I am very happy that you are satisfied with the automobile you purchased from MBC. I look forward to hearing from you in the future. If there is anything else that I may assist you with please do not hesitate to call me. We take pride in making sure our customers are fully satisfied. I hope you have a wonderful summer with your new vehicle and I look forward to seeing you again in the future

Bought a Lemon

by from Springfield Gardens, NY |

I purchased vehicle from King Bear MBC in which they sold me a lemon. I began to have issues with the starter the same afternoon I purchased the vehicle. I took it back to Angelo numerous times in which he told me the vehicle was fixed. On Mother's Day while driving to church the engine went dead. They refuse to refund me my money. I would hate to see the same thing happen to another person. I would not recommend that you purchase any vehicle from this dealer. D'

June 1, 2012

Ms. Danielle We are very sorry about what has happened, but you failed to tell public that Angelo tried everything to make you satisfied. All the items that you were complaining about were not covered by NYS Lemon Law but were repaired with no cost to you. When you broke down on Mothers Day the following Monday we towed and fix the situation still at no cost to you. After you drove the vehicle for over a month and you damaged vehicle is when you wanted to return it. Angelo informed you that would loose some money because of mileage and damage to vehicle. Angelo offered you a few options 1. to pick out another vehicle at the same price that you purchased or 2. Angelo would try to sell your vehicle for the same price you purchased it for. Angelo had a buyer for your vehicle for almost what you paid for it originally. Angelo called you and told you but you declined the sale which was your choice. Everybody understands that a previous owned vehicles sometimes develops issues it happens, but when its not covered and the dealership still pays for it and gives you the options that they gave you means something about our dealership that we back up all our products. If you would like to call us as see if we can still work something out please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Honest and Professional

by from Queens, NY |

Originally, I purchased a Subaru Legacy from MBC. However, while prepping the car for inspection, MBC Auto Traders discovered a hidden transmission issue not apparent in the car on previous test drives (by me or the staff when they got the car). I was immediately informed that he could not sell me a car with this issue, which turned out to be major. It's pretty clear that his honesty and professionalism saved the two of us both time and frustration on repairs. I was grateful to have dodged a bullet, so I returned to see their other cars. I know they have a quick turn-around for their inventory, which suggests quality automobiles at enticing prices. The facility and the cars are kept very clean and are nicely spaced. As for the staff, everyone was extremely helpful; ask for Steve, he's great. I wound up purchasing a VW Passat from MBC. The whole experience has convinced me that this is a reputable, reliable, and competitive auto dealer. I encourage you to shop here.

May 24, 2012

Volks I would like to thank you for your kind review. I am very happy you are satisfied with the vehicle you purchased from MBC and I am glad we found out the issue with the Subaru before you purchased it so it wouldn't be a problem for you in the long run. If you need any other assistance feel free to contact me as you know where you can reach me. Once again, Thank you for your kind review and your continued support. I hope to hear from you again in the future. Steve

2004 Ford Expedition XLT-Mr. Florida

by from Brooksville, FL |

Angelo is a very nice person. He help in every way during my car buying process. The car was exactly in the condition it was in the ad. The SUV runs great and Angelo even offer me a lifetime oil change warranty. I will go back to him to buy another car as soon as I'm done with this one.

February 15, 2012

Mr. Florida- Thanks for the wonderful review. Please don't forget to LIKE US on Facebook. If there is anything we can do to help you in your next vehicle feel free to call us. We hope you enjoy your vehicle that you purchased from us.

MBC Crew!!!

by from Brooklyn |

There was not one person that was not helpful in the ENTIRE location!! The purchase that I made was so smooth and professional it felt like they was just car sitting the SUV just so i can purchase it. Service is so good they even offered to repair a problem with a car I already own. AWESOME Crew at KING BEAR MBC!!!

January 28, 2012

Francis A- We really appreciate your review and it means a lot to us what you said about our dealership. If you have any concerns or issues please don't hesitate to call or come by. We wish you and your family a safe and healthy New Year