Village Car Company

Used 877-356-1069

In the heart of Hinesburg, VT

2007 VW Jetta Wolfsburg 5spd

by from Burlington, VT |

I purchased my 2007 VW Jetta Wolfsburg from Mark in January 2013. I work in the car business and would recommend Village Car Company. I was specifically looking for a 2005-2008 VW Jetta or Passat with a standard transmission and the 2.5L engine, Mark was the only one around for 50+ miles that had one. I live in Burlington and had to reschedule my appointment a couple of times which Mark didn't seem to mind. When I finally got there, Mark handed the keys over and let my father and I go for a test drive - he didn't care how long we had it nor did he request to come along... I even offered! Unfortunately the car had a bad battery but Mark had one delivered and installed for me before I left! The wait for that was about an hour, but it gave us time to do the paperwork. The ONLY complaint I have is that he only goes through 2 credit unions, so being faitly young and with little/bad credit I got stuck with a rate I'm going to have to refinance eventually. No biggie. The car also came with a 3 month/3,000 warranty that I did not have to utilize. Thanks Mark!

Very Satisfied Customer

by from Burlington VT |

I had been looking for a Good Quality BMW in three states and found one basically in my back yard. The guys were awesome to work with and very open ot having the car test driven and taken to another location for a third party review. Can't say enough about Rob and Mark and would purchase another vehicle from them when the need arises.

Satisfied customer

by from Rutland VT |

When my old Tacoma died, I searched from Rutland to Burlington for a good used car (stopped at 20 dealers, test-drove 15 cars). I wound up buying a Mini Cooper from Village Auto. The owner let me inspect the car to my satisfaction, addressed the one outstanding mechanical issue (a small crankshaft oil leak) and the problem has not recurred eight months later. Mark made the process easy, even though I was a 90-minute drive from his business (He held the car for me on a handshake and a phone call until I could get back and pick it up) and delivered everything as promised. I could not be happier.

caddillac esclade full size sport utility vehicle.

by from essex vermont |

I was looking at the esclade he has for sale never got a chance to acutally see the car but was talken to them threw email and got really good service with the warrentied on the powertrain and engine for 3 month 3000 mile warrentied. it was mostly reserarching for the car tosee waht it cost to get a caddillac esclade.

Great owner

by from williston |

Not only was the owner personable and helpful he knew what he was talking about. He was honest from the start and made the process so much easier.

honest small town dealer

by from Burlington, VT |

Recently bought a used Mazda from here and was pleasantly surprised how honest Mark was and painless the process was. Although, it is 30 minutes out my way for service, I try to get back here frequently for my all my service work.

Vaida?

by from Georgia, VT |

Wow , is really funny, your words are the EXACT words the sales guy said to me when he called back to appoligise, for how things happened "What are the chances of this happening two folks in 1 hour for the same car, one in a million..it has never happened before may never happen again" The debit card was a "hold" while she went to her bank to get cash... what 18 year old girl carries $ over 4,000.00 cash on her? BTW why just post now if you have been happy since 2007? Like I said " good car" poor ethic in MY case/review, I am glad to know " your" view was diffrent.

also, sounds more like poor LUCK

by from hinesburg, vt |

what are the chances that 2 folks are interested in the same car in an hour span? if i was selling something and i had to chose between someone handing me money and someone calling on the phone with a debit card i think i'd go w/ the cash. bummer you had to be the one in a million used car shopper.

Nice cars, nice service, nice people to work with.

by from hinesburg, vt |

that's too bad the above folks had a poor experience. i've been taking my 2007 volvo to village auto since it opened in hinesburg and have had nothing but wonderful experiences. they are very knowledgeable, friendly and easy to work with. i have never had a better experience w a service facility.

Village Car Company responded to this review

July 1, 2011

Thank you for your kind words. We believe in preserving the small community feel in Hinesburg. We try our hardest to make our customers feel comfortable. We encourage our customers to ask questions. We like to show them what we see under their car. And, educate them on why things break or need to be maintained.

Nice car BUT Poor Business Ethic.

by from Georgia, Vermont |

Better give cash when talking to them, while still in the car! My daughter and her grandfather went to test drive the car, she liked it, went to her car ( on lot still)called me to talk ( from lot) I call right then and the other person who answered the phone, said sales man was talking with new folks...(mind you my daughter was still on lot in car, when I called) I said to him I wanted to give a down payment on the car via my debit card right then( full asking price) He said call back in 10 minutes...When they called back an hour later he said he sold the car to the new folks EVEN though they knew I was calling to give the money. My Daughter had even emailed and called over the weekend when they were closed, with no response. Nice car, POOR business!

Village Car Company responded to this review

July 1, 2011

Village Car Company is a small community based dealership. In this case, our policy is that a car is for sale until someone makes an acceptable offer and gives a deposit. This customer liked the car, but left without making a decision. We believe that the next customer looking at the automobile has the right to not be pressured. We believe this is good business practice. But, we do feel badly that someone did not get the car they wanted.