Basil Resale Delaware

Used 866-441-4467

Just Great Deals!

Car buying experience

by from Tonawanda, New York |

Car buying for most people can be an uncomfortab experience. With the Basil dealership on Delaware it was the exact opposite. Starting with Paul Wolfe the service manager recommending their used cars and to visit basil cars.com. From finding different cars to look at from multiple Basil locations, they were always willing to work with me and get the vehicle on site that met my time frame. Jason S the sale rep, Mike A general manager to Joe Basil III the entire process was smooth and inviting. They always kept me informed, had cars ready to test drive and when we finally decided on a Toyota Highlander the team made it easy. Within a day my SUV was ready as promised, paper work set, financing done and my car shopping was complete.

Great Service

by from Amherst, NY |

Jason, made the buying experience at Basil Resale a pleasant one. He answered all my questions and walked me through the process of buying the car. He was very attentive to letting me know how long the process would take and made sure me and my family were comfortable while waiting for the paper work.

overall awesome experience

by from Buffalo ny |

Kyrie and the genera l manager awesome great customer service. he show me two options which was a Dodge Caravan in a Honda Pilot. nothing but great professionals and I truly think both of them for the hospitality at the dealership their knowledge and very much more Thank You Carrie and thank you Michael you guys are the best and awesome and I will send more people your way. Sign: Denzel

absolutely wonderful

by from Newfane,Ny |

I was looking for a car for about three weeks after mine died. In had gone to many dealers and no name businesses. I was treated magnificently here. I walked in with my sisters and father after a long day looking elsewhere. I was in an awful mood from the get go after leaving another dealership down the road. In was greeted by Jason Schihl here and we went on to look at cars. He was extremely professional and patient with me and my moodiness. I accidentally ignored him and I know it is extremely frustrating dealing with someone like myself. After I didn't like any thing I saw, we went inside and spoke about what I was looking for. We went on their site there with listings from every location and one popped out at me and I fell in love. The problem was I didn't know how to drive a standard transmission. So I was discouraged. Jason took my phone number and said he would call if anything else came into the dealership. As I waited, I continued to look elsewhere. I couldn't wait and I called back eager about the car I liked which is a Chevy Aveo. It was a bit out of my price range but we figured we could negotiate. So me and my dad came back and talked about not again. What I loved about this salesman and business is that they didn't try to fit it into my payments that I wanted to pay but they fit it into the price I was looking to pay. They were extremely professional and pleasant to be around. I felt comfortable the minute we walked in then do or after Jason put up with my lack of patience. They took hours with us going over everything and took off about $1000 with my trade in that would've gotten me nothing elsewhere. Financially we were taken care of by Joe Basil III. He was extremely helpful and kind. I can't believe how professional everyone is. He did not force us into any added finances or warranties. He worked and got a low interest rate for us and had a smile on his face the whole time. As far as it being stick shift, I had two people take me and let me feel the car and learn a little. Kire was the first man to take me for a drive in it. He is very personable and genuine. I can't say enough on his amazing personality. He had faith in me to believe I could learn and love the car. The second man to teach me was Igor. He was very understanding when it came to me not learning fast and stalling out when I first tried. He got in the drivers seat to show me again and then let me practice again and I was able to move! Now I must say, with all the trouble we put them through, I would never want to go elsewhere for another vehicle again. We demanded the car to be looked at by a third party professional and they let us. We took hours of their time just to talk and learn and drive. Jason handled everything for the DMV and my insurance for me. They drove over an hour to their other location just so I could see this car and brought it back for me. As we waited, me and my father went to lunch and what did the sales manager and Jason do? They offered to pay for our lunch. My dad went just to joke around with them about it and they followed through and paid. Now, what other place would do that before we even made a deal? I cannot express my gratitude to this business and the amazing people who work here. They are very understanding, genuine, and personable. Jason listened to our family stories and related to us with what we've been going through. The warranty and Engine4Life program are amazing and so is my beautiful car. I am extremely satisfied with my dealings here and will go here next time I need a vehicle. I felt like family walking through the door here. And they never once tried to force me into buying a car I didn't want or even the one I did buy. I love everything about this place and it was definitely worth not settling with another place or vehicle. I am extremely satisfied.

Basil Chevy Stinks!

by from Buffalo, NY |

Dan, from Basil Chevy insisted on a $100. down pmt, so I reluctantly wrote the check, the very next day Basil puts the check in their deposit for the day and cashes my check. We call back to make an appointment to finalize the sale, and much to our surprise, they sold the vehicle, that Dan insisted the $100. deposit would hold. They offered us a same make and model car, ONLY 2k more in price!! The whole interaction with Basil, Dan and management left a very bad taste in our mouth, will never do business w/ any entity associated with any Basil dealership. AND, then because I absolutely hate car shopping, we tried to negotiate a sale, they were very unaccommodating and to end our car buying saga and agony, we reluctantly made a purchase and here we are 2 weeks later and still do not have the Owner's manual we requested 2x!!! West Herr here I come. Basil's customer service (or lack thereof) stinks, never again, nor will I refer anyone to them, friend or foe.

by from Tonawanda NY |

Amazing customer service with both the sales representative and the owner. Bought my first vehicle at a great price. Extremely satisfied.

Great staff!!

by from buffalo, ny |

Kire was my rep. He did a great job. I now have a beautiful SUV thanks for guiding me through everything.

worse experience ever out of all dealerships.

by from Buffalo, NY |

This has to be the worse dealership my and I have ever been to. we were a young couple with no car buying experience that needed a vehicle because a car just broke down. we went in there looking for a car and once we found a car or couple cars. i feel like we was being pressured into buying because all the manager Mike qanted to do is get us in the office to finance. They saw the desperation need for a vehicle and they took advantage of us. We didnt get approve for thr car we wanted so they said about this mazda 06. they didnt have a price on it and said we will take good care of you. nevwr gave us a car fax. they financed us and found out we over paid for it. weeks later i recommend them to my friend and he said the same thing that all they wanted to do is get him inside to sign papers, not giving him a chance to browse through the cars.A couple years later, im kind of glad this happen because it was definitely a learning experience.

Basil Resale Delaware responded to this review

February 19, 2015

Here at Basil Resale Delaware we want to make sure that our customers are taken care of. Because I do not have your contact information I would like for to contact me (Joe Basil III) directly so we can get this resolved for you. The phone number is (716) 877-1500 or you can email me at joeb@basilresaledelaware.com

Personable, Expedient, Responsive Service

by from Buffalo, New York |

I initiated the buying process through email with Rob Monaco. So when coming in to meet Rob personally he responded to my needs, and had some vehicles within my financial range, and mileage desires. I purchased a 2009 Malibu, Having gone through a significant upheaval in my finances due to losing a spouse, and other factors, they were able to work around this, and get financed in a low mileage quality vehicle. Thanks Rob Monaco and Jim Basil. Any issues I have is with my own financial status, interest, payments are not with these men, or Basil Resale, but with my own problems leading to them. I highly recommend seeing Rob Monaco at Basil Resale Delaware if you want to work with a humble man, that will respond to your purchasing needs. VMB

Excellent buying experience

by from Buffalo, NY |

Excellent experience. Everyone was very professional and delivered on what they said.