Chapman Ford

7100 E McDowell Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85257

New 888-852-3866 New 888-852-3866
Used 888-475-9083 Used 888-475-9083
Service 866-914-8106 Service 866-914-8106

Arizona's newest Ford dealer!

MOst painful car buying experience EVER!

by from Phoenix, AZ |

After filling out a true car report for a new Fusion Energi, I was connected with Chapman. Once arriving, I was pleasantly greeted with the sales person I had been speaking with over the phone. That was about the only positive thing of this experience. From there, I had to visit the dealership 3 times just to get my car detailed because every time I would show up for an appointment, I would wait for over an hour then have to leave for other engagements, without my car being complete. It only got worse after I received my new license plate, only to find out after telling every person I came into contact with that my plate had to transfer... it didn't. I have the special AZ HOV plate, which saves me about an hour a day in the car, and was the only reason I upgraded to the Fusion, so I could keep it. Apparently nobody at the dealership knows how to communicate with the customer but also the MVD... my plate would not transfer! After being frustrated and calling the dealership over and over to only find out my salesperson was no longer there, they would not trade me out of my 2016 into a qualifying 2015 so I could keep my plate. They wanted me to pay the depreciation in my car in order to trade. All of my paperwork shows my plate being transferred and even pointing that out to the dealership, they still blamed the old salesperson, and would not standby anything. I felt like they were using that as an excuse to just brush me off and take advantage of the next customer. As a dealership that deals with these things daily, they should have been up on the latest laws of the state and be able to inform customers of what needs to happen. This was clearly not the case, and ultimately I am paying for them not being educated in their own field. Needless to say, I will never go back to this dealership and I encourage the same to everyone else!

The Buying Process was Fastastic !

by from Scottsdale, AZ |

Thank you Tate and the gang for making this so easy for my business to purchase 2 new Transits. We bought one from you guys and few years back, and that is why I am back....service was great then and this time WAS FANTASTIC. As I am super busy this season, I did everything online from shopping to emailing with Tate who was always right there with an instant response. Financing by email / fax and I just showed up and signed. Quickest I've ever purchased and that was awesome. I knew what I wanted and you guys delivered. Quick, Easy, Fast and Friendly....you guys rock....and a super big thanks to Tate !

Terrible experence, waste of time

by from Scottsdale AZ |

Awful. Filled out a true car price quote and got hooked up with Chapman. Sales rep reached out to me and forwarded a very attractive price. Told him i did not want any games and was ready to buy once we got the numbers sorted out. Told me he was absolutly on the same page and will be 100% honest and helpful with full transparancy and zero games. I consider myself savvy yet reasonable consumer. My approach to this which i told the sales rep was i am comfortable with the true car purchase price. For my trade in i wanted the KBB price for dealer trade in, simple straightforward and fair for both the dealership and myself. The morning of my visit i decided to call the sales rep to get the financing in order to make this as streamline and quick as possible. He had already agreed to both the trade price and purchase price. I told him i do not want anyone other than Ford credit running my credit and i did not want the old dealership lets numorus banks hit your credit report. Sales rep said i understand 100% you have my word. Sales rep called me back an hour later and said we are all set with financing here is your rate come on up and pick out the color of car you want. Arrived at Chapman, everyone is freindly. Looked at the various cars for the model i wanted and decided on one with the same trim level as the true car price quote. Walked in to the waiting room i assumed to finalize paperwork and this is where everything goes downhill. The sales rep comes back with a 4 square and proceeds to open negoations at 3k higher for purchase price, 2k less for my trade, and now 2% higher on the apr. All of these changes not more than 24 hours after we had this finalized. I asked for my keys which they had been holding onto for the past 3 hours and left. Not more than 2 miles from pulling out of the dealership another "general manager" calls me and apoligizes for the situation. Says to come back and he will honor the original terms and make the deal. I told him to put it in writing and i will come back and purchase. I never hear from him agian. Now 3 weeks later i just went out to my mail box and have recieved my 8th letter from a bank that they allow to pull my credit.

Chapman Ford

by from Scottsdale, AZ |

With the Memorial Day sale being advertised I decided to go into Chapman Ford and see what they have to offer. I was politely greeted by a salesman named Anthony Mata when I walked in. I told him I was just browsing and wanted to look at Ford's line up. He handed me several brochures on the F-series line up. After a few test drives and price comparisons I decided to see what could be done. No stress, no games and no gimmicks sums up my experience with my salesman. My experience with him was stress free and straight to the point. If you are looking for a new or used car, Anthony Mata @ Chapman Ford is your guy!

buying a new car

by from Buckeye Az |

l went to chapman ford website to buy a car, wanted a 2014 Ford Fusion, andrew lucas answered my email and l emailed him back and l said what l wanted which was a 2014 Ford Fusion Se sunset color. andrew lucas said they didnt have one but they could get one. We emailed each other back and forth and we came up with a price. andrew lucas emailed me back and said there was 2 ways that we could do this. Number 1 was for me to come in to their dealership and sign a filled out purchase order. 2nd was for me to call them and give them my credit card number so they could remove $1,000.00 NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT. l emailed him back and said that l wanted a filled out purchase order with all the costs of the taxes,doc fees and license and registration. andrew lucas emailed me back and said that we no longer had a deal, and that the car was no longer available. l went to the dealer website and checked to see if they had the vehicle and it was still in their inventory. l emailed andrew lucas and said the car was still in the dealerships lnventory, he never answered me back. l did a review on yelp website and a man named juan bermudez from chapman ford answered the review and he never addressed the problem that l had with andrew lucas this is what he had to say. With every transaction we do here at chapman ford we try to make it the most pleasurable experience possible.Unfortunately, our polices, and procedures dont agree with everyone. Thank you so much for giving us chapman ford scottsdale az. an opportunity, and if there is anything we can do in the future please dont hesitate in asking. have a great holiday season juan bermudez at an email address. juan bermudez didnt cover what the problem was, he just said what he thinks people want to hear.

Bait and switch?

by from tempe, arizona |

went to look at at used F250 which miraculously was sold after 5 pm on Sunday. Guess what we have a brand new one I can give you a great deal on.... no thanks...

Chapman Ford responded to this review

August 26, 2013

Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. I'd like to assist, but I need more information such as your full name, the date you visited our dealership, and the name of the sales person who helped you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so I may address your concerns. Thank you, Marlo Watkins Internet Director MarloWatkins@chapmanchoice.com 480-516-0088

Went in to get oil changed and left with a new car

by from Mesa AZ |

I went to get my oil changed on my 2012 Focus. I was walking around the lot looking at the 2014 Focus's when Terrance came out and we got talking about models and prices. After discussing features, financing and trade in with Terrance and John the sales manager I purchased a 2014 Focus SE sedan. I'm very happy with the I was treated and purchasing process. I will definitely return to Chapman for next car.

Poor customer service

by from Scottsdale |

Showed up for an oil change, returned to pick up car with an additional air filter added on without permission. Victor was the rep and never called. Needs improvement. I will try one more time at this location. Perhaps it was a mistake.

Chapman Ford responded to this review

August 2, 2013

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We appreciate the opportunity to make things right. If you should have any issues in the future please do not hesitate to contact us directly. Sincerely, Rick Webb Chapman Ford Service Director 480-516-0088 richardwebb@chapmanchoice.com

Ford C-Max Hybrid Plug in

by from mesa, az |

A focused Progressive, forward thinking Dealership ! ! !

Happy Customer

by from Surprise, AZ |

I found the 2013 Limited Ford 150 on Cars.Com at Chapman Ford. With Cars,Com I came to the dealership informed and knew what I was going to pay. Chapman Ford met my price.. I'm happy. Mike Boyle