Highline Motor Works

756 State Fair Blvd, Syracuse, NY 13209

Great used dealer

by from Syracuse, ny |

Bought a Saab 93 Arc converible in late winter. Love it . No rust, runs perfect and mecahically was delivered in great running condition. Met both owners but dealt with the retail partner and he was not only well versed on all his cars, but was just a great person. I am totally satisfied with the entire process and have a great older model convertible at a very reasonable price. I would highly recommend Highline to all.

do not buy from this dealer!!!!!!

by from chadwicks, ny |

i drove an hour to see this mercedes. when i got there, no one was in the showroom, no one outside, and only 1 guy in the garage in the rear of the building. this guy either did not speak english or just disregarded my questions. then, the owner appeared along with someone he was arguing with about whether their vehicle's problems were his responsibility or not. from what i took of the conversation, the vehicle was bought 2 days prior, then the engine light, air bag light and abs/brake light came on and the vehicle would not pass inspection. anyway, i took the keys and went to have my wife drive me around on a test drive. she wouldn't even get in because all over the nice leather seats, steering wheel, inner door panel was grease/oil handprints. now, i am a mechanic and i don't even do that. someone cleaned it off and apologized, she got in and started the car up. there was an airbag system fault flashing on the dash. she went to put it in gear and the shifter boot and surrounding bezzel came right off!! i brought the keys back and never said a word to them. i was very upset at the waste of a drive it was and that such a nice car was butchered.

Not an experience.

by from Syracuse, New York |

I recently found the vehicle I was looking for at their lot and at first I was pleased with the level of serice I was receiving. I was very honest with the dealer about financing the vehicle i was looking to trade in and I showed no fear about a monthly payment. I was told it should not be an issue. 24 hours later I recieved a call that they sold the vehicle. I was told that someone else came in and offered cash for the car. I understood but was never asked to make a deposit. The second vehicle I choose I was told I am working on it then at the end of the day was told I was not approved for the fianancing. The gentleman asked me if the bank called me to discuss and I replied no. Then you get to hear what you would normally hear, " I will call you back", needless to say my phone has not rung......

Mike from CNY

by from Central New York |

I am in the process of buying my 5th car from Highline Motor Works. I consider myself a used car lover and I switch cars often. I have always been treated bell by the staff at Highline and would highly recommend them to everyone. They sell used cars at a fair price and offer fair trade in value. I have read some of the reviews on here and would like to add. That if you are buying a used car from a dealer at a fair price you should also know that these are auction vehicles and or trade ins. They are not new cars and with used vehicles you need to do your homework and some research on the car you are looking at. I am also a maintenance fanatic so I go over items before I buy and just let them know what I want done before I buy. But, at the same time I also expect that things will need to be done after I buy the vehicle so I take that into consideration when I make my offer. All in all I think these guys are very good at what they do and that is offer decent used cars at a reasonable price and I recommend customers to them all the time. "Keep up the good work guy's" And get my newest car ready, I want it this week... Your VIP Mike

Service after buying

by from Western NY |

All I can say is I'm still waiting to get a return phone call from this dealership. They don't answer phone calls or emails. Regret buying from them.

Trustworthy place

by from Syracuse |

I have had the pleasure of buying 2 cars from this dealership within 1 year for two of my family members. I experienced nothing short of exceptional customer service and both cars I bought were 100% problem free and a pleasure to own! I would highly recommend these guys.

Deal was great, until

by from Cortland, NY |

Drove up there on Monday. The lot looks wonderful, they have some excellent cars and the workers were all very friendly and helpful. I found the one I wanted, took it for a test drive and the car seemed fine, one "idiot light" on the dash for the ABS system. They kept the car overnight to replace the sensor, called me the next morning to let me know that the replacement they put in was also showing on the dash, so they were ordering, overnight shipment, another one to put in, so it'll be another day before I could have the car. I went to get the car on Wednesday, the part had come in, been installed, and still not fixed the problem. Since it was not a tested inspection item they gave me a discount on the price, and I drove it home. Over the weekend I started getting squealing noises from the brakes, took it into my mechanic and had to replace front pads, rotors and calipers, and the pads in the back.

Yo brother,You must be Crazy

by from Syracuse, New York |

Can you tell WITCH reveiws were written by the same person. Read TROUGH all the reveiws and you will figure it out. There is a difference between a typo and someone that just can't spell. Hint: There the good reveiws. Also, you got to be a moron to buy a used foreign car off the internet 3000 miles from your home. Plus, take my advise, don't ever buy a car from a guy that has no idea how to repair them. When repairing an automobile it entails more than just shutting off a check engine light with a handheld scantool and confirming that the vehicle is all better. It's also a good feeling when you purchase a new or use car that the place your buying it has the ability to service it. Highline Motors has a repair facilities but get this, it's a different business, their not affiliated. So if you buy a car from the dealership the garage can tell you to stick it. For the most part the garage repair facilities has a good reputation. Guys are friendly and knowledgeable. In a nutshell, fix what you got at this place but don't buy anything. PS: Remember this, a Carfax isn't worth the paper it's written on.

worst experience

by from Rochester,NY |

I drove 2 hours to get to Highline Motors. I got there went into the showroom and no one was there, i then went out back to the shop and no one was there either. Getting rather irritated i went back up front and one person magically appeared. We then went to go test drive the car we came to see. started the car and when i went to put the seat belt on it didn't work. i then started driving the car and there was a loud humming noise coming from the front right and seemed that the front end was loose. When i told him of such things he said i'm sorry and walked away. overall this was the worst experience i have ever had looking at a car and recommend that no one buy a car from them without getting it checked out by a shop first.

Just bought 3 cars from Motorworks

by from Rio Linda California |

I purchased 2003 Acura CL type S with 72k miles and was very satisfied with my buy. I live in California and found the car I always wanted at Highline Motor Works. So i had no idea how to ship the car to my place and was worried about all paperwork because everything was done pretty much trough the phone. So I talked to them and they are actually honest people which I decided to have business with. So I got the car in 3 days and had all the paperwork done the same day when I got my Acura. The seller has a lot pictures of the car which helped me to see the whole car from inside and out. I've put 42 thousand miles and had never had any problems with it. After 2 years or so of enjoying my dream car I decided to switch to something different. I contacted with Highline Motor Works and described what kind of car I was looking for. Yakiv, who is the boss of their dealership gave me a reasonable offer which I went for. He offered me to trade in my Acura with reasonable extra cost for 2003 Mercedes eE320 with low miles witch I have had for about a year and I just love this car. So comfy and soft driving it. In 4 month after I purchased Mercedes I bought 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid which I use for work from Yakiv. I am very satisfied with my cars. The Seller has reasonable prices, will help to find the car you look for,great costumer service, honesty in business. WILL RECOMMEND HIGHLINE MOTOR WORKS TO EVERYONE WHO ARE LOOKING FOR A GREAT CAR FOR LOWER PRICE.