Northbrook Toyota/Scion

1530 Frontage Road, Northbrook, IL 60062

New 877-263-1104
Used 888-430-3634
Service 877-895-7137

No reasonable offer refused!

ralphguz

by from arleta ca |

I recently purchased a 2013 Honda Civic Ex for my daughter from our sales representative gilbert jord that answer the phone when we called on the weekend. They did a great job accomadating our needs. They had the exact car we needed in their inventory. The staff went out of its way to meet all of our needs. I chose to purchase the car in this location due to the good pricing of the car. I found the pricing to be very competitive which made the drive from couple of miles not a problem.

Great Experience

by from Northbrook, IL |

Hats off to Jeff Vicari who went the extra mile in providing outstanding service to daughter who purchased her first car this past week. Jeff not only showed us every option within our price range but also spent the time to teach our daughter how to drive a stick shift. Thank you Jeff Vicari for providing exceptional service.

Great Rep, Smooth Process, Good Deal!

by from Arlington Heights |

I just bought a new FJ Cruiser from Jeff Vicari. I really enjoyed my experience. Since the car I wanted is rare and I wanted a certain configuration, Jeff and I spent a lot of time custom ordering my new FJ. He was a pleasure to work with, and I got a great deal on a top of the line vehicle. He has the hookup for getting some awesome aftermarket equipment such as remote start on a stick shift and window tinting. Eventhough this Toyota dealer is farther from me than others, it was totally worth it. I highly recommend checking this dealer out.

Not Trustworthy. Poor Customer Service!

by from Columbus, Ga |

I bought a 2008 BMW 335i convertible from NorthBrook Toyota in November 2013. I'm a third year medical student and I took time off my busy schedule and spent my hard earned money that I saved to fly from Columbus, Ga to Illinois and buy this car. Before even purchasing a ticket I asked the sales guy "Sam" to walk around the car and point out any damage. He said there were some scratches at the bottom of the from bumper and some minor curb rash on the wheels, which was normal. So, I assumed everything was fine and payed for the car then flew up there. I felt a little apprehensive because I wanted to get an independent inspection but they kept reiterating that they would not hold the car so I felt a little rushed. Plus, they wouldn't even take a deposit on the car to hold it for me. Yet, as soon as I arrived to the dealership to view the vehicle I realized that it had been represented inadequately. There were major scratches at the bottom of the front bumper that were visible when viewing the car from the front and the side. The hood had some deep scratches around the BMW roundel emblem, it literally looked like the car had been keyed. The right front reflector was loose, there were trim pieces missing on the inside, the windshield had a chip the size of a nickel and the wheels had major curb rash. The sales guy (Sam) realized that I was unhappy without me even telling him so he went and got the Pre-owned Sales Manager (Jon Kommel) and he promised to buff out the scratches on the hood, fix the front reflector and gave me $200 off for missing navigation discs. Before signing the paperwork I was under the impression that the car was in the detail area being buffed and getting the front reflector repaired. However, after signing the paperwork I walked outside and the car was in the same place I had parked it in after testing driving it. Then, the sales guy Sam told me that the scratches were too deep to buff. But, when I arrived back to Columbus I took the car to Columbus Paint & Body Works and they wet sanded the car, buffed it and touched up all the scrapes and it looked as good as new for $150. So, clearly the sales team did not care about their customer, they just wanted to make a sale and get me out of their way. Then to top it off when I got home and ordered the Navigation discs I found out that the navigation system was inoperable and I spent another $1100 to replace the entire CCC unit and have it reprogramed. Also, before writing this review I emailed Jon Kommel (Pre-owned Sales Manager) on 11/25/13 to bring these issues to his attention but he did not try to resolve this issue. Therefore, this is a honest review that I'm writing after trying to resolve the issue. So, guys before you buy a car from Northbrook Toyota please please get it inspected independently or be present to inspect it yourself before traveling to buy a car from them. They will not represent it correctly or bring any issues the car may have to your attention because they only want to make a sale. So, if I had known that I was going to spend over $2000 refurbishing a car that I payed nearly $23k for then I would've walked away because I could've bought a brand new car for that price. Hence, I've learned a MAJOR lesson from this so I hope this review helps you with your new or used car purchase decision. I'm extremely unsatisfied and I feel taken advantage of. I would not recommend them to my worst enemy. De'smond M. Henry, B.A.

They are not trustworthy.

by from Indianapoli, IN |

They agreed to sell me a 2009 toyota corolla and backed out when it was time to pay. The used car manager lied that he thought the salesman I dealt with gave me a wrong wire transfer information to later turn around to say the car was sold. What a dishonest set of people. Be careful with them, they are classless and unreliable.

Northbrook Toyota/Scion responded to this review

December 28, 2013

Dear Rembod, Thank you for taking time to state your frustration. As you know, the car buying process is complex and when any customer of ours walks away with a dissatisfied feeling we want to address it personally and take time to discuss all the details. I would very much like you to call us so we can have such a discussion. Northbrook Toyota has a long history of customer satisfaction and when a problem such as this arises, we will do all we can to address and correct. Even if you choose to shop elsewhere, we still consider you a valued customer and only want the opportunity to discuss this matter as to better understand and correct any misinformation you received. Kindest regards, Gary Nudleman GM

ALL THE NEGATIVES OF CAR BUYING IN ONE LOCATION

by from Elgin ILL |

Its been over a month and I'm still looking for a car and there site poped up and I could"nt get it out of my head so here goes.There is no comfortable place to park, Its a crampted salvage yard enviroment with gravel. The car I told the salesman I wanted to test drive, was dead. You feel like they want to put you in a cage so you can't leave, they just want your money folks. The salesman said let me get this manager, Oh let me get another manager, sit here, hay, here is a nice car. Its like there panicked and need a fix.They do everything cheap as they can and it shows . Its sad to see so many people who just dont get it. I don't think this review will change a thing. John is clueless.I forgot the other names but not his. I promise you, soon after you arrive the discomfort will be overwhelming. Be careful.

Northbrook Toyota/Scion responded to this review

November 15, 2013

Sir or Madam, We are grateful that you considered Northbrook Toyota in pursuit of a new vehicle. We greatly appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention, as we are always striving to better our customers' experience. We are very sorry your experience did not meet your expectations. Loyal, happy customers are our greatest priority. Though some details are out of our control, we are putting dedicated attention to the ones that are. We would love the opportunity to make this right for you if you are willing to contact Gary Nudleman at 800-701-0675. Again thank you for your time and feedback as we strive to better our business for you. Kind Regards, Gary Nudleman General Manager Northbrook Toyota

Not Pleased

by from Gurnee, IL |

I went in to look at a used car and from the very start the sales people were pushy and wanted to make an immediate deal. I realize its a car dealership but once I decided that I wanted to wait to think things over, manager after manager was hustled over to me to "land the deal." Eventually I did decide the car was the best one for me after shopping around. However, I only have the car 2 days and the check engine light came on, even after they assured me the car had had a thorough maintenance check. So they told me I could bring it in. After they looked it over, they proceeded to tell me I owed them $800 more dollars on a vehicle I just bought! The sales person john was rude, condescending and interrupted me constantly while I tried to talk to him about the issue. It took me going all the way up to the GM before they did something about it and then they eventually said they would cover the expense. Overall, they provided me with a very stressful and infuriating purchase process and appeared to have little to no concern for treating their customers right unless you created enough of a fuss for the general manager to get involved.

Highly Disapponted

by from Chicago area |

High pressure sales tactics + severe lack of listening skills = highly disappointing experience. Shabby dealership, lack of parking for customers made it seem like customers aren't their priority. Total waste of my time.

Uncomfortable

by from NW Suburban Chicago |

Old facility, cramped, neat but shabby in appearance. We were far apart in price; I felt they wanted more than retail for their car and offered less than wholesale for my car. I did not feel at all comfortable with the manager, and some other suspicious characters hanging around, and would not have done business even if the price was right.

Executive Jeep Nissan-Brian Jacobs

by from North Haven, CT |

I walked into Executive Jeep Nissan three weeks ago with the intention of browsing for a new used car. In three hours I had purchased, insured, and renewed my registration on my new 2011 Nissan Sentra. Brian Jacobs was knowledgeable and not at all pushy when it came time to make a decision. He made me feel comfortable and confident in my decision-which was my first large purchase ever. I recommend Executive Jeep Nissan and Brian Jacobs to anyone looking for an easy and gentle way to browse or purchase a new car. It was an incredible experience and I love my new car!! Thank you.

New Car

by from Glencoe, Illinois |

We went in to look at a couple of cars and came out with a new car. Alex K. was knowledgeable, and persistent! I have to say he worked hard and simply would not let us leave. He focused on getting us the price that we would feel more comfortable with. We keep our cars a long time, and wanted one that would last a minimum of 10 years. The process of signing the paperwork was a breeze. Thank you.