Northbrook Toyota/Scion

1530 Frontage Road, Northbrook, IL 60062

New 877-263-1104
Used 888-430-3634
Service 877-895-7137

No reasonable offer refused!

Good service people!

by from Northbrook, IL |

I went there to get my car fix for a good price, and yes good people, I know lots of folks do not believe that the dealer offers you a reasonable prices, however, I tried it, and other place who will remain nameless have worked on my car, and yes they messed it up even more. And at the end, I ended up paying double.

Northbrook Toyota/Scion responded to this review

January 26, 2015

Loren: Thank you for your recent review of Northbrook Toyota and our service department. We are glad that we were able to meet your vehicle expectations at a price that was reasonable. We know you have a lot of options when it comes to servicing your vehicle and we are thrilled you chose us. If anything comes up in the future, do not hesitate to reach out to your service team or you can reach direct to me. Gary Nudelman General Manager Northbrook Toyota

great people!

by from Northbrook, Il |

They went out of their way to fix what other mechanic jad done on my car, at the right price.

Not Trustworthy. Poor Customer Service!

by from Columbus, Ga |

I bought a 2008 BMW 335i convertible from NorthBrook Toyota in November 2013. I'm a third year medical student and I took time off my busy schedule and spent my hard earned money that I saved to fly from Columbus, Ga to Illinois and buy this car. Before even purchasing a ticket I asked the sales guy "Sam" to walk around the car and point out any damage. He said there were some scratches at the bottom of the from bumper and some minor curb rash on the wheels, which was normal. So, I assumed everything was fine and payed for the car then flew up there. I felt a little apprehensive because I wanted to get an independent inspection but they kept reiterating that they would not hold the car so I felt a little rushed. Plus, they wouldn't even take a deposit on the car to hold it for me. Yet, as soon as I arrived to the dealership to view the vehicle I realized that it had been represented inadequately. There were major scratches at the bottom of the front bumper that were visible when viewing the car from the front and the side. The hood had some deep scratches around the BMW roundel emblem, it literally looked like the car had been keyed. The right front reflector was loose, there were trim pieces missing on the inside, the windshield had a chip the size of a nickel and the wheels had major curb rash. The sales guy (Sam) realized that I was unhappy without me even telling him so he went and got the Pre-owned Sales Manager (Jon Kommel) and he promised to buff out the scratches on the hood, fix the front reflector and gave me $200 off for missing navigation discs. Before signing the paperwork I was under the impression that the car was in the detail area being buffed and getting the front reflector repaired. However, after signing the paperwork I walked outside and the car was in the same place I had parked it in after testing driving it. Then, the sales guy Sam told me that the scratches were too deep to buff. But, when I arrived back to Columbus I took the car to Columbus Paint & Body Works and they wet sanded the car, buffed it and touched up all the scrapes and it looked as good as new for $150. So, clearly the sales team did not care about their customer, they just wanted to make a sale and get me out of their way. Then to top it off when I got home and ordered the Navigation discs I found out that the navigation system was inoperable and I spent another $1100 to replace the entire CCC unit and have it reprogramed. Also, before writing this review I emailed Jon Kommel (Pre-owned Sales Manager) on 11/25/13 to bring these issues to his attention but he did not try to resolve this issue. Therefore, this is a honest review that I'm writing after trying to resolve the issue. So, guys before you buy a car from Northbrook Toyota please please get it inspected independently or be present to inspect it yourself before traveling to buy a car from them. They will not represent it correctly or bring any issues the car may have to your attention because they only want to make a sale. So, if I had known that I was going to spend over $2000 refurbishing a car that I payed nearly $23k for then I would've walked away because I could've bought a brand new car for that price. Hence, I've learned a MAJOR lesson from this so I hope this review helps you with your new or used car purchase decision. I'm extremely unsatisfied and I feel taken advantage of. I would not recommend them to my worst enemy. De'smond M. Henry, B.A.