Atlantic Volkswagen

Service 855-232-3398

Proud Partner of the NY Auto Giant

Would recommend to anyone

by from Long Island, NY |

I walked into Atlantic VW and was greeted right away. The salesman asked if I wanted coffee etc. The whole process went very well and smooth. He knew the product very well and made sure I didn't have any questions. I would come back to this dealer and I will recommend to anyone I know looking for a vehicle!

Incredible deals, Customer Oriented

by from long island , Newyork |

I received the best customer service from one employee there , Xavyer , Showed me some good cars and i left with a car that day within a hour or two

Everyone is very nice just a little slow.

by from Brooklyn NY |

Very clean and nice faculties and kind people that are down to earth and friendly. A little slow with my process but it was packed here. So I think it was just because of the day I went there.

Stereotypical used car dealer

by from Westport, CT |

These guys were just deceitful. I kept asking for info over the phone on a used car I was looking at. They wouldn't tell me much and just asked me to come to the dealership. It was 2 hours away, but after a while I caved and went. When I got there the car was no longer available and they tried to pressure me to buy another car. I'm sure they knew the first car was sold before they had me come out. Just slimy.

Atlantic Volkswagen responded to this review

October 28, 2014

I am extremely disappointed to hear that a customer had an experience in my dealership that was anything short of a world class. We strive for excellence in customer service and I never want anyone to feel pressured into buying a car. I reached out to the customer and personally apologized and I know I cannot do anything to change the past, but in every mistake there is an opportunity to learn and become better as a dealership and an individual. I have reviewed the situation with my entire staff to help ensure something like this will never happen again.

Great Service Department!

by from Long Beach, NY |

If you are looking to buy a VW I recommend you stop in and see Nadia DiDonato. After Hurricane Sandy destroyed my car she was very gentle in dealing with me and other customers who lost their vehicles. The purchase process was no quicker or longer than other dealerships but I felt I got the proper price and interest rate from the finance department. The service department is outstanding! (See Sean) Which is an important if you plan on having the car serviced at the dealer. I recommend you put this dealership on your stop by list when shopping.

Horrible experience think twice before you go!!!!!

by from West islip, NY |

This dealership had called with the car I was in the market for. Went into the dealership on a Wednesday the salesman Rob proceeded with the deal. The salesman who was over the age of 45 repeatedly made comments about my 19 year sister ( I should have left then). This deal took two weeks of none stop phone calls back and fourth where they never gave me an answer about the apr I had received I finally went in to discuss what the issue was. When I went in they tried to give me a monthly rate that we had not agreed on. I explained to a manager my none stop phone calls and he tried to tell me they called me back. I said thank have a nice day. They followed me to my car and offered me another deal that was with a lot more money for a down payment. I told them to give me a day to get the money together( this was Thursday). I called the dealer first thing Saturday and told them I was coming to pick up my car ( I had a deposit on this car since the beginning). They called me back and told me they sold the car I had a deposit on. I was as imagined upset and they promised they would make it "right" they would give me a call Monday with something else. It is now Tuesday. I have never experienced such aggravation and disappointment ever buying a car from anyone. Don't go here unless you plan on being mistreated.

DO NOT TRUST THEM

by from Islip, NY |

DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE...I negotiated a price on a new VW Beetle Convertible - I had done my research and knew exactly what I wanted. I even entered the dealership with my own financing. We discussed VW financing and possibly leasing. Figuring that I could take the time to decide if I really wanted the car PLUS VW will re-certify for 2 more years on the purchase, and thinking that using VW financing provides a little extra for the company, I decided on the lease. I went to pick the car up at the appointed time the next day - 7pm. I was made to wait 90 minutes before getting in to see finance manager. Paperwork was not even printed. Finally, at 9:30 (1/2 hour after closing - and with dealership employees milling about, waiting to go home, I was presented a flurry of paperwork that I frantically signed- myself exhausted and starving (we hadn't eaten because we "were" going to take the car for celebratory dinner) - I didn't see that they had added $2400 to the price I had negotiated for the car. I called them very net day, when I saw it, but was told "It's the end of the month, the finance manager is too busy to talk to you." Their answer to my question about why they did not tell me they had increased the price of the car was "When people lease a car, they don't care how much it is, they just care about the payment[shrug]" I told them that was not the case with me, as I had walked in ready to buy the car. A month later, and they still refuse to make this right. Do not trust them!!! Scrutinize EVERY number they show you. They are shady.

New car shopping experience

by from Long Island New York |

I would not recommend this dealership to my worst enemy. We walked in looking for a specific car listed on their website . We were told it was sold yesterday. The salesman pressured us to consider two other similar cars but after two hours with the salesman making numerous trips to consult his manager we were still not offered a fair price on the car but we were given a great amount of rudeness , condescension and arrogance. In my many years of buying cars I would rate this dealership as the worst I ever encountered.

Warm, wonderful salespeople!

by from Patchogue, NY |

I had been looking for a 2012 black (w/ tan interior) Jetta SE with convenience package and sunroof. I made the mistake of going to Donaldson's first and almost paid more than I had to. I found the exact same car at a savings of $47 a month. I was so happy with my experience at Atlantic that a few months later I took my daughter there to purchase her first car. She got a 2013 Jetta and had a great first time experience. The people at Atlantic are friendly, knowledgeable and passionate about their vehicles. We are a VW family and all future VWs will be purchased at Atlantic VW.

Excellent Service Staff

by from Seaford, NY |

Juan Carrera, Sean Munro and the Atlantic Service Staff did an outstanding job by greatly exceeding my expectations. All service work was performed on time and within estimated time frames. The professionalism and enthusiasm of the service and sales staff was a tremendous contrast to other dealerships that I have worked with in the past.

Terrible Service, Poor time management

by from Long Island, NY |

Vehicle sustained damage to oil pan, which caused issues to overall engine. Service team has been working on this vehicle for almost 2 months now and still working on it. The labor and engine have all been covered and approved by insurance already. Why does it take this long to repair? Apparently, service only has one technician who is qualified to work on it. Now, we understand that there are other cars that need to be serviced or repaired, but any vehicle that has been in the shop for almost 2 months should be considered priority, especially considering that money has been given for the parts and labor. What is the hold up? Why is that only one person is working on such a large project? Now, it leaves the consumer with a doubt in their mind about the reliability of the vehicle and of the capabilities of the dealership. Expectations have been set and broken several times over, with cases being brought to VW's Customer Care. All in all, it went from being a bad dream to a nightmare. There seems to be a lack of common courtesy and etiquette regarding a customer's needs. Apparently, a vehicle that is deemed a time-consuming repair is the lowest priority. If you wish to create value for your customers, learn to sympathize with them, set the RIGHT expectations and provide the best service you can. Nobody in that department can claim to offer the best service because if they did, the repair of this vehicle would've been a priority, not set to the side, especially since good money has been sent. I ask any customer frequenting this dealership to keep in mind that service is defined as - "The action of helping or doing work for someone." I do not believe "service" was achieved in this matter.

Atlantic Volkswagen responded to this review

March 8, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, when repairs need to be authorized by an individual?s private Insurance Company it does delay our process. Our Volkswagen Team always looks for the quickest turnaround possible with any repair, large or small. The replacement of a vehicles engine is a lengthy process under normal circumstances. Please contact me personally if you should have any further issues @ dawe@atlanticautogroup.net