Detour Cars

(3.3) 5.0 33 Reviews

241 Newbury St, Danvers, MA 01923

Used 978-624-7658 Used978-624-7658

Nice place to buy a car!

by from Wakefield, MA. |

My wife and I went to 2 other dealers before going to Detour. We were treated like 2nd class citizens at the first 2 dealers due to poor credit that was the result of a job layoff a few years back. The salesman Bill treated us great and was super to deal with. The finance guy Nick got us approved in no time and we got a decent rate as well. Would recomend this place big time to my friends and family!

Thanks for making it easy.

by from Lynn, MA |

My experience here was nothing less than awesome, excellent service and delivered my car as promised. Bought my f150 here from joe about a month back and have since sent 2 of my friends in as well. Well be back again, thanks again for making it easy.

Worst dealership

by from Beverly Ma |

Pushy sales and cars they get from auction that they won't fix even when you buy an overpriced warranty. Terrible place.

Thank you Detour!

by from Topsfield, MA |

Thank you again to the staff at detour for helping me buy my new-to-me SUV. The salesman who helped me was Bill. He took his time and explained the process. We got the financing out of the way really quick and then i worked with Bill and the guys there to find the right fit for me without going over my budget. They had a great selection. My experience here was worthy of 6 stars!

Happy Customer

by from Quincy |

I recently moved to New England, so instead of keeping my two wheel drive car I decided it would be best to upgrade to something that could handle the weather up here. So after searching for "used car dealerships near me" this was one of the first that popped up, I saw a few SUV's online that I was interested in so i decided to check the place out. I went in with not so good credit and to my surprise i was approved almost immediately with $500 down. I was treated with respect and the salesmen Adrian I worked with was very friendly and helped me figure out what would work best for me and my budget.

Horrible experience!!!!

by from Rowley MA |

Don't waist your time!!!! Poor costumer service, very rude, do not go there you will regret it!!!

Go informed and equipped.

by from Chelsea, MA |

Buying a car is not fun. Buying a used car is less fun. Buying a used car from Detour is, well let?s just say I?d rather eat a bowl of glass then repeat this experience. It was frustrating and unpredictable. On the phone the salesman ?Joe Stack? actually referred to themselves as the good guys. His exact words were ?We?re the in white hats." I was asked to render a down payment that was more than I had intended. I was told without that amount I would not be approved. I walked away. I received a call one week later, maybe two. "We've been working with some new banks and in a position to sell you a vehicle now." They did. The car look halfway decent from the front. Joe disclosed some exterior imperfections. Some major and minor, but swore verbally and via email that all these issues would be replaced, buffed and painted upon delivery. We arranged a day for pick up. I called to confirm the day prior and guess what? "The car won't be ready in the morning but the afternoon." I was given a choice, I could pick it up at the original agreed upon time and return it for them to finish both the mechanical and cosmetic repairs or I could wait. I spoke to Nick, whom I believe was the owner. This part is unbelievable. Nick says, "You can wait to its finished or I'm happy to give you your money back." Then he hung up on me. I chose to wait, as if I had a choice. On the day of delivery Joe walks in with a big cool-aid smile. "The car runs like a dream" he says, "Runs real tight." "Go take a look" he says to my wife. Strange, much of the cosmetic imperfections remained and the mechanical problem was present as well. "We had to order a special paint from the factory" he said. "It should be in by tomorrow. I will call you tomorrow." Guess what? He didn't call. In fact, he didn't call the next day or the day after that. I sent him an email and he responded by saying "I'll have service get in touch with you." Maybe it will all work out and I'll love the car. Who knows? I do know that I didn't love the buying experience.

wasted trip

by from stoneham ma |

Went all the way up there to look at a truck. My wife and I went in and I was told Joe would be with me and guy closes the door. Joe finally comes over and I ask him for the keys to look at the truck. Joe states he needs info first. Not knowing if we will even like the truck and not wanting to give info out for no reason I ask Joe is he will come show us the truck. He says no its his job to collect info. Thought he was a salesman not there to take my personal info. I have dealt with bad dealerships before and this place screams be careful

worst dealership ever!

by from Falmouth ma |

Bought a jetta last year and was told I wouldn't get a loan if I didn't get am extended warranty which ended up being 1500 dollars. Turns out warranty was optional from the beginning. Was sold the car with a faulty cruise control and a bent rim which they claim is not their problem and has to come out of my pocket to fix.had to call a bunch of times before I even got to speak to the owner who was not helpful and could care less! I would not recommend this dealership to anyone.

Great understanding the buyer.

by from lynn MA |

Good follow up the buyer what they need . I hope get what i looking for.