Equity Auto Center

Equity Auto Center

5120 W. Glendale Avenue, Glendale, AZ 85301

Used 888-729-6046

Made wife happy and got great deal @ same time!

by from Scottsdale |

My wife broke down with her car and our 2 young kids, so I needed a family car quick. Went to equity and was able to get a 2010 Mazda 5 with fairly low miles (about 38k) for 11k. It was one the cheapest unit out there in the valley. It was a former rental unit but they were able to show some maintenance records. Deal was quick and smooth: everyone was eager to please and they fixed a couple of complaints on the spot (battery charge low and rims with dings: they swapped them with another car's). No I was not happy about the $600 bucks tint, that I didn't want but "had" to get, but it worked out because tint has a lifetime warranty and keeps the kids cool In the back In the hottest of summer... My wife loved the car, indeed so much that she ended up wanting a new one when the old one reached about 75k miles. As it happened, I ended up trading in the 2010 and getting $2k over what I paid, on top of dealer discount. Overall it was a very good experience, so I will deal with these guys again. As of a couple of days ago, I contacted them via email, and got a call back on the next business day. Their (Hyundai sonata) inventory was down to 1 (vs 12 cars shown online...) but they were upfront about it.

Straightforward, Helpful, and Knowledgeable

by from Arizona |

Rafael sold me my car and he was straightforward, helpful, and very knowledgeable. He was enjoyable to work with.

They don't reply to email or phone calls

by from Denver |

Beware! They are not interested in selling! Don't answer emails or phone calls. Trying to find out about a car for sale and can't get ahold of anybody. I'm out if state so can't stop by. Frustrated !

not eager for sure

by from phoenix az |

requested information and if they still had car, they replied with basically a business cars showing there hours of operation and address. i wanted to buy but they werent looking to help.

They dont want to sell cars

by from phoenix az. |

i tried to contact then through cars and also by phone. they never answered any questions or replied to requests for information. they must be doing better at other things but selling cars doesnt seem to be of interest to them.

$1,100 in extra fees on top of the price!

by from Wichita, KS. |

I called this dealership from their ad on Car.com. They had several vans that seemed to be priced very well. I do not live in the area and had someone go look at them for me. Even though both vans I was looking at had bad tires, I was still interested. I inquired about purchasing one of them and found out there is another $1,100 in extra fees. I feel they are very deceptive. They wanted $600 for window tinting and $500 for doc prep. What a joke! The deal was no longer a deal. They did not want to negotiate at all on the price. I later saw they marked down another van $1,000 in price. I was not originally looking at that van, but decided to consider it after the price reduction. I thought I would make one more attempt to purchase a van from this place. I should have given up after the first time. I called them and the guy who answered said the van was already sold, but he had 2 others. Really he only had one and I knew one of the others had sold and he changed his story and said they only have 1 left. I asked him if I could buy it at the offered price or if there would be any other fees. He said there were no other fees. When I tried to confirm this, since I was told differently the last time I called, he ended up hanging up on me. I called back the next day to give them the benefit of doubt that maybe my cell phone dropped the call and I was hung up on again. Do not try and buy from these people. They are scammy!

Cars listed are not in stock. Misleading info.

by from Mesa, AZ |

The majority of the cars that this dealer lists on their website and other cars.com they do not have in stock. I called ahead today about a 2011 Hyundai Sonata and was told it was in stock and on the lot. I drove all the way from the east side of town only to discover that they did not have any 2011 Hyundai Sonatas in stock at all. So...I took my cash and left. I don't think I will be going back as most info they provide is inaccurate and misleading at best.

Excellent customer service, and location

by from Yuma, AZ |

I came all the way from Yuma, AZ I was exhausted from all the major dealerships and got my 10 Fusion within 4 hours and was completely satisfied. We picked out our vehicle and got the loan approved all in 4 hrs. very impressed.

Poor Business practices.

by from Phoenix, Az |

Buying the car was good, they are used rental cars but the price is low and your getting what you see. The big problems come if you trade in a car. Myself and my son both got cars here several weeks apart and still two months later the trad-ins we had have not been paid off. Their customer service is not only poor it's not even there. If they tell you that they give $100 to you for referrals that is not true either. My advise to anyone out there is "stay clear of this place" until they learn how to speak the truth, practice good business ethics and follow through with there deals they should not be in business.

Crooked

by from Phoenix, AZ |

They don't answer the phone, they don't respond to email and they advertise cars that are not even in inventory. For example, the website shows 11 of one make and model to choose from, but I get to the dealership and there is only 1 there! What happened to the other 10? How do they even stay in business?

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!

by from Long Beach, CA |

I tried calling and emailing this business and they never returned any communication! Read some of the past reviews and now I see why!