Auto America

(2.9) 9 Reviews

745 N Andrews Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311

bad dealer

by from fort lauderdale, FL |

they are your textbook used car salesmen. they will promise and lie and take your money and sell you a vehicle that they know won't be running in a month. They were given a grade of "F" with the Better Business Bureau. buyer beware

Auto America responded to this review

May 15, 2014

I am truly sorry that you did not get the level of service you where expecting. Our "f" rating at the BBB comes as a result of not responding to our one and only complaint in three years of business. My name is Pedro and I make every effort to make certain we exceed our customers expectations. So if you are unhappy see me directly and I will do whatever it takes to make you happy. We do not make our living by diluting others. So if it means we unwind your deal and give you back your money then that option is definitely on the table.

Don't do it

by from fort lauderdale, Fl |

I bought a F-150 from them, noticed the check engine light was on, they promised that they would fix it. my car has been back to them every week for over a month with out anything being done. they'll tell you anything to sell you a car that they know isn't worth buying. then tell you anything to get you out of their face when it comes to taking care of issues. I also gave them a trade in car and they still haven't paid it off and its been over a month. meaning i currently have to car notes. Thanks Pedro!! Avoid this dealership, your money will go further somewhere else.

Auto America responded to this review

May 15, 2014

This customer was not happy in spite of buying a great used car. Clean CARFAX 1-Owner, we had a check engine light that required a cam position sensor. We gladly replaced the sensor and syncro and the light was still on our Mechanic Shop explained to our customer that the vehicle's had to cycle through and the light would eventually go away. Our customer was not happy so we reversed the transaction. We did so voluntarily to maintain customer satisfaction. It's used cars a happy customer tells two people an unhappy one tells ten.

Car dealer that tries to cheat you

by from Fort Lauderdale |

Pedro is the person that runs the sales and the person I bought the car from. The problem here is not the car. The problem here is the salesman. They have multiple additional charges that can lead to charges up to $1,500. Sales charges that's what they call it. Even after agreeing to a price for the car including sales tax and whatever charges he includes, he adds another $50-100 on top of it without your consent. They claim to take care of 50% of your repairs and the parts that he charges for are not OEM yet it is charged the highest price possible. Title wasn't given after a full purchase but only after pestering him enough. This business is one to be careful of especially if you don't want to be cheated. The price of the car may be cheap but the additional charges they include will burst your budget. Be wise when buying your car and if you have no choice but to buy your car from them, I rather just not buy a car at all. That's how terrible it gets. They seem nice and all but when talking money, don't trust them at all.

WORSE CAR BUYING EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE

by from Orlando, Florida |

Before buying the Nissan Frontier took it for a test drive and the check engine light was on. One of the things Pedro said he would fix before buying. 10 minutes off the dealership after signing the papers the check engine light came back on. Called Pedro to have it fixed only to get the run around from his staff and mechanic. He will not even return my phone calls. Would not even send an enemy to buy a car there

A Great Car for my Daughter!

by from Miami |

Prices were competive and fair. They were willing to work with me and even made a cosmetic repair to the car when requested. That made me happy! I just had the car looked at by a friend who is a mechanic. He was very impressed with the quality of the car. I had a great experience with the dealer. He was willing to work with me, stayed late to meet with me and had the car delivered to my home (he offered). WAY ABOVE and BEYOND! Thank you for making this a pleasant experience.

We were looking for a good used car

by from Stuart, FL |

During an exhausting car search we called Pete from Auto America. Normally I wouldn't consider buying from a dealer, but Pete had a good variety of cars, in our price range, on his website, plenty of photos, and he seemed liked a good guy over the phone... and our first assumption turned out right. Pete has a good selection of used cars and he's a nice family kinda guy. My wife and I will definitely call Pete the next time we're looking for a car.

GREAT DEAL - NEGOCIO SERIO

by from SW MIAMI |

GREAT DEAL ON MY CAR VERY INFORMATIVE PAPERS DONE RIGHT EVERYTHING ON POINT CAR LOOKS AND RUNS GREAT VERY SATISFIED WITH THE SERVICE AND INVENTORY

Highly recommended

by from Eugene, OR |

Dealer went above and beyond by picking me up at the airport when I flew to Fort Lauderdale to pick up vehicle that I purchased from him and intended to drive back to my home in Oregon. He also drove me to my hotel and and then met me at his facility on a Saturday night after closing hours to take me to the airport when my plans changed. It was like buying a car from my best friend. The next time I need a used car, I'll definitely contact him again - and maybe finally get my road trip.

Suspicious Salesman

by from Miami, FL |

Salesman does not provide requested information, even after numerous attempts. Does not seem serious on selling vehicles. This could be just a hobby.