Hood Northlake Chevrolet

Service 888-624-4538

Trade In, Trade Up

Over the top service

by from Kenner,LA |

I recently had twins and was in need of a new car to accomodate my growing family. Since I also have 2 other children, our newest additions cuased me to quickly out grown my VW Tiguan. After contacting the Internet manager, Ashely, she put me in touch with a sales person to help me find the perfect car. After working with great salespeople like Paul, Chris and Vince, we finally chose a black suburban. This car is awesome and has all the luxuries a family could need. The GM- Mike and finance manager- Daniel worked diligently to help me get the car at a payment that I could afford. The customer relations manager- Tim, walked me through my OnStar features which were included free for 6 months. Whenever it comes time for me to buy a new car I dread the process. However, everyone at Hood Chevrolet made the process as smooth as the ride in my new Suburban!!!

Work not completed-recommended service not needed

by from Covington, LA |

From the time I purchased my 2011 vehicle (from a different dealership), I have taken it to this dealership for every oil change and some other services. The oil changes included tire rotation, checking and airing up tires as needed, etc. Having the tires rotated when the oil change was done was very convenient. However, on one occasion that I know of, the tires were not aired up (easy to check with the electronic sensor (and I checked manually as well)). Also, my car had a tire that had a slow leak on the driver's side, rear. Even though the tires were being rotated (supposedly) with every oil change, the same location (driver's side, rear) was the tire that always lost air. Since the tire that lost air was always in the same location, it leads me to believe that my tires were NOT being rotated when I had my oil changed (as advertised and as I was told). The last time I went to this dealership, I was told that an alignment check had been done as a courtesy (free of charge) and that I needed an alignment. I told them I would have it done later. As I was leaving, someone said ? don?t forget that you need that alignment. I didn?t think I needed one due to the performance of the vehicle. After a few thousand additional miles on my vehicle, I had the alignment checked at a different establishment and guess what. I did NOT need an alignment.

Terrible communication. And carless on resolving.

by from Mandeville louisiana |

I have had terrible service more than once. They have no answers and take no responsibility to what there employers tell you. They place blame everywhere else except on themselves. I would never recommend anyone to deal with them. I am trying to get a situation resolved and have not had any help getting it dome I actually will be making a complaint with the better business bureau if something is not done within a day or 2. I have had great experiences elsewhere.

February 23, 2014

Mr. Robinson, we apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced and would like the chance to address your concerns. We received your truck on Wednesday, February, 12. We completed the paperwork and sent it to our accounting office on Thursday. The accounting office sent an electronic payment to the titling agency on Friday. Saturday, Sunday, and President's Day (Monday) passed which, unfortunately caused a delay in the processing of the payment. Once the titling agency receives electronic funding, a background check is then performed to make sure there are no liens on the title. When this process is complete, a check will be cut and you will definitely receive payment. At this point, the titling agency is conducting the background check. Again, we apologize for any delay and are working hard to provide a resolution as soon as possible. ~Hood Northlake Chevrolet

I was mislead and won't be purchasing again

by from Ellisville, Mississippi |

I recently bought a used vehicle from the dealership in Covington. I found the vehicle and was very please with the price and the service I got from the internet manager. When I went the 2 hour drive to purchase the vehicle I understood that it is a used vehicle, and would not be in mint condition. Overall I considered the vehicle to be in great condition when we arrived. Before purchasing the vehicle the tech manager took me outside to show me all about the navigation, after the car was detailed and taken to the gas station to be fueled up. When we walked outside there was a new dent in the vehicle and paint was missing, the logical explanation that the tech manager, and the salesman, and I came to was that at the gas station someone opened a door on the vehicle. The salesman said the issue would be resolved by bringing the car back on a Friday for it to be repainted "This will be no issue, its an easy fix. The paint is just chipped off and we can have you fixed right up." Feeling confidence in the salesman I went ahead and purchased the vehicle. After 2 weeks I brought the vehicle back to be fixed, yet again a 2 hour drive. The salesman took the car back and in nearly 15 minutes it was done. When we went outside to look at the vehicle it looked like there was just a white marker dotted on the spot. It looked worse than before. I work for a paint company and I understand that the white diamond tri-coat is not an easy fix, but I was promised as much and that is what I expected. When my mother was trying to explain it was not what we were told, the salesman was very rude and raised his voice saying that was all they could do. We decided to speak with the sales manager. We told him our issue and he was very respectful and understanding about the situation and went to take a look. He was also not pleased with the work. He took the vehicle back and when he came back with it this time all they had done was just put one more little coat over the area. Needless to say, I am not happy with the service of the salesman and of the repair job. I will not be purchasing a vehicle from this dealership again. The wrong was not made right. I'm still driving a vehicle with a dent in it that necessarily the dealership put there.

February 6, 2014

After checking with all personei involved,we are very sorry it has come to this point. Being that this was an approximate 1/8" break in the paint with no denting. We tried twice to fix it but do to the fact that this is a tricoat color paint scheme the usual fix for a minor paint nick does not always look as good as regular paint. We greatly value all of our customers and thier patronage and would be glad to discuss any other ways to try to make this a pleasureable buying expieriance.Thank you for your time. Please email your response to markd@hoodnorthlake.com Sincerely, Mike Scarle General Manager M

Repairs Nightmare

by from Covington, La |

I had an accident one month after I purchased my car, and demanded my car go back to the dealership for repairs because I thought I would get the best service there well it took over a month for repairs and they gave it back with problems and then would not stand behind the work they did. Do not make the same mistake I made by taking your car to them in Amite for service. I will never used them again, as a result I will not purchase another car from Hood in the future. Hood Northlake loses a customer because of the poor service at the amite repair center.

Angry

by from Hammond, La |

I will never again go to this place and I don't advise anyone else to.

December 12, 2012

I sincerely apologize for any frustration you have. Could you please email me what happened so that I can address the situation? My email is aantill@hoodnorthlake.com. Thank you

absolute HORRIBLE service

by from louisiana |

Service dept is terrible. we bought a certified pre owned. we were told by the salesperson that it would include two yrs free maint incl oil change and tire rotation. even the website says this is included. Hood wanted to charge us. after arguing they said only the first one was only free, well this was the first one. they notified me that it was due an oil change and two recalls needed correction, after making an appointment with the service dept. wife takes car there on her day off only to find out they didnt do the paperwork for the apt. a wasted trip and day. 1 week later, the appointment was rescheduled, they did the recall repairs but not the oil change. thats when they had my wife wait another cpl hrs and then wanted to charge her, they said we didnt schedule an oil change, well, they were the ones who told me I needed to get itchanged. The buying expierience was great, even got a great deal on the car, facilities are great and sales people were great. But service is the absolute worst Ive ever seen. make sure if you do get service there you tell them specifically and then verify it. I hope this gets better but as of now my expierience with Hoods service hasnt been good at all. keep your paperwork when you buy.

Great service

by from Hattiesburg,ms |

Got a great deal and great truck and service was great

Great buying experience worth the drive.

by from Gretna, LA |

Experience was great. Got a great truck... no hassle or pressure. Finance guy was awesome got me a great rate on the loan. Everything exceeded my expectations... thanks!

new buying experience

by from Cut Off, La |

Leslie Gunetti was very helpful and efficient. What she told us was the exact deal we received. Our salesman, Mike was super. Will recommend Hood Northlake Chevrolet to all our friends and family.

Took my business elsewhere

by from Covington, LA |

The salesman who helped me actually sold me on a 2012 Cruze, but the experience was so negative I bought the car from another dealership. When I asked about negotiating a price, he told me that GM's policy is to honor the sticker price and went into a long dissertation on how they were losing business from Sunday shoppers and so the sticker was their lowest price. But he would do the best he could for me. Well, I didn't wait around to find out what that was.