San Francisco Audi VW Mazda Volvo

Service 888-485-9022

We will work for you

Excellent buying experience

by from San Jose, CA |

I have been looking for a particular car for months (2010 Volvo S40), finally found it on cars.com at Royal Automotive. At this point I have driven a few of these cars and I knew exactly what I was looking for and how much I wanted to pay for it. Contacted Royal Automotive, went in for a quick test drive the next day. Negotiation was probably 5 minutes, got the deal I wanted. No mind games, no nasty tricks. Another hour of paperwork and the car was mine. Picked it up the next day, nicely detailed. As I said, excellent buying experience.

Where do I begin with my experiences....??

by from Denver, CO |

I rarely give negative reviews because I know that isolated incidents can occasionally arise. BUT, having been exposed to torturous attempted buying experiences on multiple occasions to spend over $48,000, the whole experience screams of frustration, obstruction, delay and a general attitude of incompetence. My experience started with a telephone call to get answers to some questions about a "pre owned" new Audi. After a straight forward conversation I made an immediate offer, $1,500 , i.e. 3% below asking and said that I was prepared to go to the dealership within 3 days, certified cashiers check to buy. Two days later with no response, I called back and got an immediate, "we were about to call you - NO, we don't accept anything less than asking - full price only" I asked why no counter and was told this rock bottom no discussion. "OK, well, let me know if you would reconsider"-" NO, we don't negotiate." 1 week later I got a price change alert that they had dropped the price by $1000 - which was 500 more than my offer! So much for no negotiation or price change. So, with some dread I called again and spoke with somebody else. Offered their full asking price-just wanted to wrap it up. Salesman was surprised but pleased with no games on my part. I again stated that I would buy with no conditions other than seeing the car and a test drive. I asked for a sales/ contract agreement to ensure actual price and car details, fees etc. so no surprises. Never got this. After another week of repeated e mails, texts, calls, and I finally speak with the sales manager to get things done, and he tells me the car is sold! I am crushed and explain my frustrations. he is sympathetic and takes charge, finds out the car is NOT sold, so we are back on track. Due to some stupid rules, I can't buy the car in California without paying Calif. tax even though I reside in Colorado and will pay tax, registration title fees in CO just like I have done before for a Porsche that I bought in Texas. I have to ship the car to CO avoid CA sales tax, which at 9% is three times my burden in CO!! So I ask can they ship and to the sales manger's credit he gets an email out and I get a fast quote, I agree with responding e mail, I will pay shipping, let's get this done. Next day I send another email and telephone follow up to salesman. "Great, we'll get back to you with written contract." - Another day goes by and nothing -no written details, or even anything resembling a contract or even phone call..... I call again - I said I would fly in to see the car and test drive, bring a check and get them to ship the car. What else can I do to twist their arms to sell the car with NO conditions or haggling? OK we will email the details. Great. 3 days later, no email. no contract, nothing! Cannot figure out what these guys think operating a business like this. I have spent almost 1 month trying to buy a car that is for sale with NO conditions, and it is as if I am causing this company an enormous embarassment to take legitimate funds. What more do they want?? Who buys without any written details, let alone a sales contract? Why is buying a car so horrendously trying? What can this trial by torture achieve? As much as I have tried, I do not understand this mind bogglingly horrendous experience. I wish this was a fairy story or some type of April fools day experience, but it is a true recollection of actual events. I really would like to buy the car, but how can I - so am not going to endure any more torture. This whole experience may explain why the car remains unsold.......CAVEAT EMPTOR I will, now, start again and if I pay more then so be it. At least I will buy a car instead of wasting huge amounts of time and energy!

Very Poor Customer Service

by from Union City |

Requested pictures of a car a week a ago and never received them.

Really Bad Experience

by from San Francisco, CA |

I was about to buy a CPO Q7. When I went in to sign the paper work. They told me that the car was not able to be certified after getting an assurance from the sales person that it was. The manager never returned my call.

AMAZING!!!!

by from SAN FRANCISCO |

AMAZING! HAD THE CAR AND THE PRICE I WANTED! NO BS. ASK FOR CHRIS S!!! HES THE MANAGER AND WILL TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOU!

Agreed to pay the asking price, but they regreted

by from Cupertino, CA |

Came and test drove an 11 Volkswagen Touareg, they told me that it was a trade in from a customer of theirs, who bought it from them, and serviced it there. I agreed to pay the asking price, but then they said that they cannot sell me that car.

weird

by from San Francisco, CA |

called their number listed on cars.com. was transferred to sales. some guy picked up and immediately transferred to another guy's voicemail. i guess no one wants business at this place.

Got a real good deal of 2011 S80 from Royal Motor

by from Sonoma/Napa |

I just recently purchased a brand new 2011 S80 from Royal Motor Sales. I got my car in a very good price as for this year car. I wasn't intented to buy a car that day but the price of the S80 caught my attention and I got it with $500 off of the clearance price. The car is loaded and it runs great and I love it! I like the service and the price. That's why I purchased my third Volvo car from this dealer.

Illiterate and nonresponsive

by from Sacramento, CA |

Called about an older model European luxury brand which was listed well above KBB, Edmunds, and NADA. They were unable to answer any questions over the phone and were fairly high pressure about getting me into the dealership and wanted my best offer on the vehicle sight unseen. Decided not to pursue further