Car Nation

1075 Newfield St, Middletown, CT 06457

Used 888-789-3544

Con artists and scammers!!!

by from cromwell, ct |

One of my family members bought a car from car nation. It broke down the first night they took it home maybe two miles away, didn't make it home. We had to leave it on the road and walk home. Now the problem with this car according to Google general consensus was that this particular make and model year has a faulty transmission. Alot of these cars just plain needed a brand new transmission. It took weeks for this car at their shop and then they sent it to another shop; meanwhile we had gone through two loan vehicles due to one being sold so we had to return it for another. Basically all Car Nation did was claim it was only one small part in the transmission that was busted. They fixed it, although the car would still randomly get stuck in gears and not shift down. They basically just fixed it long enough so that the warranty ran out and the car still keeps getting stuck in gears. I would never recommend this place to anyone. Regardless who now owns it or previously owned it.

Not the place to buy a vehicle

by from Wethersfield, CT |

I bought a 2005 Avalanche from Car Nation in Sept 2013. From day 1 I have had issues. My wife commented about the brakes when we took it for a test drive. We were told that the brakes would be fixed. We picked up the truck drove for one day and had to return it because the brakes weren't fixed plus the speedometer didn't work. Two weeks later I got the truck back.. First cold day I had to bring the truck back again because of no working heater plus the check engine light stayed on. They fixed the heater but their version of fixing the check engine light was by resetting the code, which of course resulted in the light coming back on. In February I had to bring the truck in for a new transmission. (When I bought the truck I was told I had a bumper to bumper warranty which turned out to be a limited drive train warranty) I brought the truck in to have the check engine light really fixed and found out that it needs plugs and wires, a serpentine belt, manifold bolts and gasket and the transmission coolant line repaired.. All this will cost $1,000 that is after me already putting in $1,500 for repairs. All these for a truck that as less than 3000 miles on it since I bought it.

Beware

by from Wethersfield, CT |

A little disillusioned today in regards to my 2005 Chevy Avalanche I bought at Car Nation.. By sheer accident I noticed masking tape on my rear drivers side door covering a tag. The tape was painted black, telling me my truck had been repainted. I ran a carfax and found out my truck had been in an accident in 2009.. I was told when I bought it that the carfax showed no accidents and had a clean record. I screwed up not the dealer cause I neglected to push to see the carfax after I asked to see it. Lesson learned even though this will most likely be my last vehicle. One of my several issues with Car Nation.. I brought my truck back to them with in the first month to tell them that the check engine light is on. I personally replaced 3 gas caps thinking that was the problem. When I brought it back to them about the issue.. All their mechanic did was reset the codes so the light would go out. Well now I am going to have to pay $200.00 out of my pocket to bring the truck to comply with CT emissions. Another issue with Car Nation is when I showed them proof of an identical truck at another dealership with less mileage they would not go down in price what they did do was give me a bumper to bumper warranty for my truck. Well 5 months after purchase the transmission went and their so called bumper to bumper warranty cost me $1,500.

Fantastic Experience

by from Hartford, CT |

My experience at the Car Nation dealership was the best car purchasing experience that I have ever had. Mr. Alvarado, who handled all the closing papers and collection of funds was most informative regarding Warranty plans and was extremely efficient in closing our sale. Alex Cicero, my salesman, was fantastic. He never pressured us into taking anything other than what I had my heart set on purchasing. Once my vehicle was delivered, he taught us at length all that was necessary for us to know about our new vehicle. I will recommend this dealership to all my friends. We LOVE our 2010 Lexus RX350. It's definitely the best car we've ever owned.

Maxwell

by from Middletown CT 06457 |

We have been dealing with Car Nation for over 3 years. Our children now purchase and service their vehicles at Car Nation. We have dealt with Hector, the same reputable salesman for this amount of time. The service and repair headed by manager George has been excellent. Any problems or issues have always been addressed promptly, clearly explained, and resolved to our complete satisfaction. The people at the service desk, and all the mechanics do their jobs above and beyond. Customer service at this dealership is one of the main reasons we continue to be part of the Car Nation family. We have recommended this establishment to all our family members and friends.

great service

by from middletown ct |

ended up buying a used car. clean and nice... mechanic is one of the best I ever seen.. fix my old broken one and ended up buying a new one from them.. would recommended to all..

flexiable with people with diffucult credit

by from hartford ,ct |

With the bad economy and my credit was in question, i thought i had no options. but not only did i get a a great audi 05 a6 . after i went to the nissan and other dealers on New field st. Alex cicero guided me through the process of my new car. totally recommend this dealer.

Pretty rude experience...

by from Connecticut |

I recently test drove a car at Car Nation. Although the sales person was a nice enough person, when it came time to actually try to make the sale, he couldn't even answer my pricing question and instead asked his "finance manager" to talk to me, who was basically sitting at the next desk over. This guy proceeds to talk to me like I'm a complete idiot who knows nothing about cars or how they should be priced, etc. I told him I had test drove a similar car earlier that day and instead of trying to sell me on his car instead (isn't that what they are supposed to do, try to make a sale?), he just tried to find fault with the other car I tested out, and just had a HUGE attitude problem in general. For a small used car dealer that is trying to make a sale, they did a pretty bad job in convincing me that I should do business with them. It amazes me that I saw ANY good reviews of this dealer at all, given the experience I had with them. In my opinion, you should be NICE and speak kindly to the people you are trying to turn into a customer, not insult their intelligence by being completely condescending. I would definitely not go back to them.

Car Nation responded to this review

July 9, 2013

I was only trying to educate the customer on the difference between the two vehicles. I was not being rude to anyone. We deliver over 60 cars a month and are very good at what we do. We have the lowest prices out there (wholesale prices) We are not trying to just make a sale, we are trying to also educate our customers about these vehicles and make sure they are aware on what they are purchasing.

highly recommended

by from middletown ct |

My credit is not the best and these guys got me a fair loan on an 01 Maxima. After two days my ses light came on and I called them. They told me to bring it down and found the problem. Changed all the coils and they did it right away. Very satisfied with their help and the way they do business. They had no problems in fixing my vehicle in a timely manner

best car buying experience ever

by from brooklyn, NY |

I found the car I wanted on cars.com and contacted them over the phone, went down there the same day and couldn't be more pleased with their costumer service and the fact that they helped get me financed when everybody else turned me down and wouldn't even consider me. The staff is very friendly, very helpful, answered all my questions and left no room for concerns. I totally recommend anyone who needs a car to buy one from them