J & R Auto Sales

2800 W 12th St, Sioux Falls, SD 57104

Used 877-467-1596

Randy made a deal and didn't stand by it......

by from Windom, MN |

Randy stated when I purchased the vehicle he could have the non working fuel sending unit fixed for $50.00 but when came time to repair he argued with me that he didn't say this and ended up charging me $150.00. Very bad way to do business in this day and age. At least I know where not to purchase a vehicle in the future. Added thought: He never contacted me after or the sales person Scott Purdy to rectified this in some way nor wouldn't either contacted may many phone telephone calls.

Worst purchase I have ever made

by from Custer, SD |

Three years ago I bought a 2002 Nissan Xterra from these guys. I looked all over the SF area and they had the best deal it seemed... First time I have ever bought a car and this one looked clean and had low miles, seem good, right? Wrong, the day after I bought it I drove it to the Black Hills for school and when I pulled into my drive way the transmission dropped out of it. Put a new transmission in it, which ended up costing over a grand. From then on I have paid at least 3-400 (or more) dollars every 3 months to have some mechanical repair and finally I have the time and I am selling it for a fraction of what I paid for it... After the transmission dropped out I immediately called J&R to use the "Drive train warranty" I purchased along with the car and they said "it did not cover that" and after that I was rejected on all my attempts to communicate with them. It had rust I never saw because I didn't know to check, which might have been the cause of some problems but not all. It was a scam. I regret buying from these tricksters

no...not here!

by from Erwin, SD |

We have heard of the danger of smooth talking used car salesman....I was told things to make the sale...things that did not come to be, I did not buy the car and I'm glad I didn't. However, I must say the car I wanted to buy seemed okey. I'm still looking but no, not here!

Great Dealership!

by from Pipestone, MN |

Had an excellent experience at this dealership. There was no pressure at all. I felt like 4hey would let me test drive every car they had if I wanted to, just to make sure I found exactly what I wanted, which I did. As for the actual buying process, I had researched the car I wanted so I knew what I wanted to pay. They listened and found a way to adjust the price with my trade in so I paid what I wanted to. These guys were great! As for any repairs, anyone who's ever bought a used car should know that if you drive the car off the lot and the breaks in half, you own both halves. Luckily, the only thing that isn't working on my car is the 6 disc cd changer, but I can live without that until I get a chance to fix it. I do not expect the dealership to fix it for free. They have no obligation to. I paid for a car, not a car and repairs. I would not hesitate, however, to bring my car in for service to these guys. They have integrity, and that is a rare quality indeed! Thank guys!

Total Disappointment

by from Mitchell, SD |

Spend $20,000 on a vehicle that had many problems that were not made aware to us when we purchased. Sent multiple emails and faxed bills, no response. Never again will I shop there, nor will I recommend anyone. Repairs needed to be done and we had not even had the vehicle for 30 days. Loved the vehicle, it had the room we needed. Just wanted it fixed.