Mac Haik Desoto

515 Interstate 35 Service Rd, DeSoto, TX 75115

Manipulative & takes advantage of 1st time buyers

by from Fort Worth, Texas |

I purchased my first car in Aug. 2013 with hopes of receiving a $500 College Rebate from Ford. I know that this rebate is not guaranteed, but it doesn't hurt to try. The salesman, Mike, had me fax my school information to the dealership so that THEY could submit the rebate to Ford. I never heard back from Mike, the dealership or Ford about my rebate. It is now 6 months later and I have been trying to get a hold of Mike through email and phone calls but he has not responded to any. I know of someone who purchased a new Ford in January and got a reply to their rebate the next month. I do not know why the salesman is ignoring my attempts to contact him, and I am starting to think that they never even sent in my rebate to Ford. All I am asking for is proof that my information was submitted to Ford! Up until this issue, my experience at Mac Haik was pleasant... I had even referred buying customers to them. If you decide to do business with this dealership, make sure anything they offer is put in writing or is added to the contract.

Good experience

by from Glenn Heights |

This is my first time to write a review. I am writing after reading several of the bad reviews. Reading them made me wonder of we are writing about the same dealership. I bought a new Taurus. My salesman was great. He was polite and knowledgeable. The price compared to other dealerships. They didn't have the car, but it was there very shortly. I have been to the service department twice with no problems. I would go back and would recommend the dealership to others.

You will want a restraining order!

by from Lancaster, tx |

DO NOT USE THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT! The following is a true story and I am stunned they call themselves a Ford dealership. I have been to many dealerships and only FORD because I am a FORD guy and I can't believe the service I received from this place. I went in for the following items to get my car fixed up and ready to go: Two new front tires. Fix turn signal on passenger side. Oil change. I went in at 7:00am when they first opened to get these items completed because they were needed. I dealt with a service advisor by the name of Corwin and I explained everything I needed done. He told me that the latest he could have me out is by 12;30 and he offered me a free shuttle service back to my house which was good customer service and I said no thanks, I don't mind waiting and incase you needed me for something. So I waited patiently in the lounge for several hours. I would run into Corwin here and there and he updated me maybe once about my tires, that they were on there way back. Another few hours went by and he swung back by the lounge and I asked him if it was completed and he said he was going to go check and let me know, he did this a 4 or 5 times since I was dealing with him, then he just disappeared for around two hours or so. This is when I was get EXTREMELY angry and talked to another service advisor who showed me on the screen what was going on..... The tires appeared to be on hold and they have been for awhile, even though they made it back to the dealership along time ago they were placed on hold and for NO EXPLANATION. I got TICKED OFF now, and went to speak to the service manger who was not there and then I demanded to speak to the GENERAL MANAGER, GREG JONES! After speaking with him he wrote down all the complaints I had and went to go find out what was going on with my car. maybe 5 minutes later he and the other service advisor came in together and the General Manager said that everything is great and he tested the lights himself and they were good to go. He also said that he will give me a free oil change next time and I went ahead an accepted his apology and free oil change. I go back out to my car after paying and guess what?????? IT WAS STILL NOT FIXED! These people need to know that customer is king and while we may not be right all the time, they owe it to us to make it right when they mess it up!

Blessed

by from Plano, tx |

I thought I would never get a car because of my bad credit. Went there and talked to Mark and was there for three hours before driving off with a 2011 F-150 with $500 down. This was a blessing for me.

Mac Haik Desoto responded to this review

December 17, 2013

DEAL WITH THESE GUYS AND YOU WILL WANT A RESTRAINING ORDER! The following is a true story and I am stunned they call themselves a Ford dealership. I have been to many dealerships and only FORD because I am a FORD guy and I can't believe the service I received from this place. I went in for the following items to get my car fixed up and ready to go: Two new front tires. Fix turn signal on passenger side. Oil change. I went in at 7:00am when they first opened to get these items completed because they were needed. I dealt with a service advisor by the name of Corwin and I explained everything I needed done. He told me that the latest he could have me out is by 12;30 and he offered me a free shuttle service back to my house which was good customer service and I said no thanks, I don't mind waiting and incase you needed me for something. So I waited patiently in the lounge for several hours. I would run into Corwin here and there and he updated me maybe once about my tires, that they were on there way back. Another few hours went by and he swung back by the lounge and I asked him if it was completed and he said he was going to go check and let me know, he did this a 4 or 5 times since I was dealing with him, then he just disappeared for around two hours or so. This is when I was get EXTREMELY angry and talked to another service advisor who showed me on the screen what was going on..... The tires appeared to be on hold and they have been for awhile, even though they made it back to the dealership along time ago they were placed on hold and for NO EXPLANATION. I got TICKED OFF now, and went to speak to the service manger who was not there and then I demanded to speak to the GENERAL MANAGER, GREG JONES! After speaking with him he wrote down all the complaints I had and went to go find out what was going on with my car. maybe 5 minutes later he and the other service advisor came in together and the General Manager said that everything is great and he tested the lights himself and they were good to go. He also said that he will give me a free oil change next time and I went ahead an accepted his apology and free oil change. I go back out to my car after paying and guess what?????? IT WAS STILL NOT FIXED! These people need to know that customer is king and while we may not be right all the time, they owe it to us to make it right when they mess it up!

DON'T DO IT!!!

by from Lewisville |

This is my very first review ever doing. I received a call from a female stating that I had been approved for a car up to 25k. I already know that I am terribly upside down so I asked her to verify that it was me. She explained that my credit report had been pulled and everything was good to go and I just needed to bring in my check stubs, proof of residence. After driving 45mins to the lot I meet with Marc Shearer (SHOULD HAVE WALKED AWAY) he sits with me at this table in the lobby and tell me to go find what I like on the lot. After telling him my too 3 cars he begins to go over my credit report n tell me how upside down I am. I tell him I know all this why would he tell me to come 45 mins to go over stuff I know. He then ask me if I can call my grandmother, mom,dad, boyfriend to co-sign. I tell him no and he basically just says thank you if u think of someone that can co sign call him, don't need anything but their social n dob. A TOTALLY WASTE OF TIME!!!! MARC SHEARER NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND THAT IT'S THE CUSTOMERS THAT'S MAKING SURE HIM N HIS FAMILY EATS SO HE MIGHT WANNA TAKE SOME CUSTOMER SERVICE CLASSES N NOT BE SO DARN RUDE!!!

Done buy a car from here !!!! Horrible service

by from Desoto,tx |

I went into your local dealership call Mac Haik Ford located @ 515 N I-35 E DeSoto, TX 75115. I went in to look for a car after considering different dealships I deceided to try out this ford dealership after applying online a man name Mark contacted me and told me he had me approved and to come in and he would get me in the car I wanted guaranteed. I went up to the dealership and waited 1 whole hour before mark even acknowledge me or even help me. when he finally decided to help me he was very rude and seem frustrated. when I got to the dealership everything he told me on the phone change. he told me I wasn't approved for a car yet. the car I was interested in he told me he didn't know the price of it when I ask. Mark raise his voice at me and instantly started screaming at me and ask me " why are you even in here trying to buy a car from us anyway." I couldn't believe he would even talk to a customer like this ! he told me the only way I could be approved is if I had a co-signer when he never told me that on the phone. he told me before I drove up there "I" was already approved and I just had to pick out a car and sign the paper work. Mark got up and told another guy who work there to "help these people" and roll his eyes and walk off. I WILL NEVER BUY A CAR FROM HERE AND I WILL NEVER REFER ANYONE TO COME TO THIS FORD DEALERSHIP ! I have never felt so belittle before and I'm extremely upset about this. someone should teach mark the value of customer service because ford will lose a lot of customers because of him. I'm going to make sure I go to BBB to make a complaint as well !

Very Poor Customer Service

by from Cedar Hill, TX |

I visited Mac Haik Desoto for the first time ever on Saturday 6/1/2013. The salesman Randall Lilly was nice and polite. However his communication skills and overall knowledge was not the best. I did not encounter an issue until after processing the paperwork. I noticed a discrepancy on the price of the vehicle that was on the paper work and what the salesman and I agreed to. Mr. Lilly stated he could not assist me with the number breakdown as he had no knowledge of the process (but told me when I entered the dealership he had been in the business for years). He then asked for the sales manager, Roland Lynn to assist me. Mr. Lynn acted as if I was calling for WW3 by asking him to leave his desk to explain the numbers to me. His attitude was horrible so he pushed me off onto the sales director, Sam Campbell. Mr. Campbell was the absolute rudest sales person I have ever met. He continuously made out of line rude comments and on three occassions threw his pen forcefully onto the desk as if customer service was a problem for him. I do not recommend this dealership to anyone looking for great customer service. Had I not already signed the paperwork I would have left the car that I purchased. I am very scared as I see many other reviews stating that their service dept has bad customer service and I purchased a warranty with this dealership. BUY ELSEWHERE BECAUSE THE SALES PEOPLE DO NOT CARE.

Service Department is BAD

by from Desoto, Texas |

I hope you read this before you consider using Mac Haik Desoto service department. My experience was terrible. They do not communicate well. I am suspect of their honesty, and amazed that any organization that treats customers with such disrespect can stay open. Help them out with their workload. Make sure they have less customers to bother them! There are too many companies that work hard to provide a honest customer focused service. Let's help keep them in business and avoid these lazy entitled companies from taking business from them.

In 30 years of buying cars, the most deceitful

by from Midlothian, TX |

I am only going to state facts. My wife and I test drove a Suburban. We talked with 2 salesmen, Will and Bruce. They appraised our trade in. We were very close to a deal. It was 8pm on New Years Eve, so we discussed talking the next day (New Years), to work it all out. I call Will on New Years and say that with a few hundred, we have a deal. He says he will talk to the manager and get back with me. Nothing. 4 hours later, I call Bruce and tell him the same thing. He says that the dealership is closed, but "a few hundred should be really easy". He says he will talk to his manager in the morning (1/2) and get back with me. The morning of 1/2, Will (not Bruce) leaves a message at my house. I call him back and tell him again what I had told Bruce. He says he will talk to his manager and call me back in an hour. Nothing for 3 hours. I call Bruce. Bruce says "I'll find out where we are and call you back". An hour later, Bruce calls and says "well, it's sold". Those are the facts, as I feel stating facts will help you in your decision to use or not use this dealership. I have bought 15-20 vehicles in my lifetime so far, and I have never had such deceitfulness happen until now.

Steve Anthony salesman

by from DeSoto, Tx |

I have purchased 2 cars in the last 3 years and Steve was my salesman both times. His knowledge and follow up must be commended! I came back to Mac Haik because of his great follow up! The dealership has so many cars to choose from!