Mac Haik Ford Desoto

Service 866-906-2605

Experience that GREAT Mac Haik Feeling, No Haggle, No Hassle

Great experience

by from Dallas |

I spent the day last Saturday going to different dealerships with my daughter, who was going to purchase her first car. We started at Ma Haik Ford in Desoto and went from there to five other Metroplex dealerships. The difference was amazing. Bob Garrow, the Mac Haik salesman, treated us with respect and honesty,no high pressure tactics, no trying to keep our trade in hostage to make us stay there, no trying to make us feel cheap or pressuring us to buy a more expensive vehicle than my daughter could afford. The other dealers were disrespectful and dishonest about pricing, and their tactics were shameful. After literally a full day dealing with slimy sales tactics, it was a great pleasure to get back to Mac Haik in Desoto and complete our deal. I understand that Mr. Garrow has been promoted to finance manager, which is a very good sign that this dealership rewards honesty and fair dealing.

Best online car buying experience I could ask for!

by from Ruston, LA |

My online salesperson, Jerry Sparks was straightforward, honest and efficient. I couldn't have asked for a better person to deal with. Mac Haik Ford has earned a lifetime customer as long they keep doing business like this. Straight up no haggle pricing (that beat anyone else I could find), and great people to deal with. The finance guy, Charwick Reed was the same. Mr. Sparks and Mr. Reed made my car buying experience a breeze. Kudos to them and the dealership.

Bad Business

by from Cedar Hill |

I took my navigator in for service. Corwin Myles was my service mgr. He is not an honest person. After repairs for our original issues, something else came up and he added notes to my ticket that I declined service, when he NEVER said one word to me at all. When I requested a meeting with managers the truth came out and and there he sat "exposed". He had to admit that he never spoke to me at all. Mr. Miles....the truth will set you free. Stop telling untruths.

Truly a great Mac Haik feel

by from Lewisville, Tx |

My wife and i were recommended to Mac Haik by a friend that worked closely with them. We drove over 45 miles to get here simply based off of what we had heard from them. We were a little skeptical by Jon Jensen as he told me over the phone "we will do anything to make your deal happen". But sure enough he did just that. We did not have to compromise on the vehicles we wanted at all. My wife and i both drove off in brand new cars that day without being there for hours. Thank you Jon for helping us both get our perfect cars!

Manipulative & takes advantage of 1st time buyers

by from Fort Worth, Texas |

I purchased my first car in Aug. 2013 with hopes of receiving a $500 College Rebate from Ford. I know that this rebate is not guaranteed, but it doesn't hurt to try. The salesman, Mike, had me fax my school information to the dealership so that THEY could submit the rebate to Ford. I never heard back from Mike, the dealership or Ford about my rebate. It is now 6 months later and I have been trying to get a hold of Mike through email and phone calls but he has not responded to any. I know of someone who purchased a new Ford in January and got a reply to their rebate the next month. I do not know why the salesman is ignoring my attempts to contact him, and I am starting to think that they never even sent in my rebate to Ford. All I am asking for is proof that my information was submitted to Ford! Up until this issue, my experience at Mac Haik was pleasant... I had even referred buying customers to them. If you decide to do business with this dealership, make sure anything they offer is put in writing or is added to the contract.

Good experience

by from Glenn Heights |

This is my first time to write a review. I am writing after reading several of the bad reviews. Reading them made me wonder of we are writing about the same dealership. I bought a new Taurus. My salesman was great. He was polite and knowledgeable. The price compared to other dealerships. They didn't have the car, but it was there very shortly. I have been to the service department twice with no problems. I would go back and would recommend the dealership to others.

You will want a restraining order!

by from Lancaster, tx |

DO NOT USE THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT! The following is a true story and I am stunned they call themselves a Ford dealership. I have been to many dealerships and only FORD because I am a FORD guy and I can't believe the service I received from this place. I went in for the following items to get my car fixed up and ready to go: Two new front tires. Fix turn signal on passenger side. Oil change. I went in at 7:00am when they first opened to get these items completed because they were needed. I dealt with a service advisor by the name of Corwin and I explained everything I needed done. He told me that the latest he could have me out is by 12;30 and he offered me a free shuttle service back to my house which was good customer service and I said no thanks, I don't mind waiting and incase you needed me for something. So I waited patiently in the lounge for several hours. I would run into Corwin here and there and he updated me maybe once about my tires, that they were on there way back. Another few hours went by and he swung back by the lounge and I asked him if it was completed and he said he was going to go check and let me know, he did this a 4 or 5 times since I was dealing with him, then he just disappeared for around two hours or so. This is when I was get EXTREMELY angry and talked to another service advisor who showed me on the screen what was going on..... The tires appeared to be on hold and they have been for awhile, even though they made it back to the dealership along time ago they were placed on hold and for NO EXPLANATION. I got TICKED OFF now, and went to speak to the service manger who was not there and then I demanded to speak to the GENERAL MANAGER, GREG JONES! After speaking with him he wrote down all the complaints I had and went to go find out what was going on with my car. maybe 5 minutes later he and the other service advisor came in together and the General Manager said that everything is great and he tested the lights himself and they were good to go. He also said that he will give me a free oil change next time and I went ahead an accepted his apology and free oil change. I go back out to my car after paying and guess what?????? IT WAS STILL NOT FIXED! These people need to know that customer is king and while we may not be right all the time, they owe it to us to make it right when they mess it up!

Blessed

by from Plano, tx |

I thought I would never get a car because of my bad credit. Went there and talked to Mark and was there for three hours before driving off with a 2011 F-150 with $500 down. This was a blessing for me.

Mac Haik Ford Desoto responded to this review

December 17, 2013

DEAL WITH THESE GUYS AND YOU WILL WANT A RESTRAINING ORDER! The following is a true story and I am stunned they call themselves a Ford dealership. I have been to many dealerships and only FORD because I am a FORD guy and I can't believe the service I received from this place. I went in for the following items to get my car fixed up and ready to go: Two new front tires. Fix turn signal on passenger side. Oil change. I went in at 7:00am when they first opened to get these items completed because they were needed. I dealt with a service advisor by the name of Corwin and I explained everything I needed done. He told me that the latest he could have me out is by 12;30 and he offered me a free shuttle service back to my house which was good customer service and I said no thanks, I don't mind waiting and incase you needed me for something. So I waited patiently in the lounge for several hours. I would run into Corwin here and there and he updated me maybe once about my tires, that they were on there way back. Another few hours went by and he swung back by the lounge and I asked him if it was completed and he said he was going to go check and let me know, he did this a 4 or 5 times since I was dealing with him, then he just disappeared for around two hours or so. This is when I was get EXTREMELY angry and talked to another service advisor who showed me on the screen what was going on..... The tires appeared to be on hold and they have been for awhile, even though they made it back to the dealership along time ago they were placed on hold and for NO EXPLANATION. I got TICKED OFF now, and went to speak to the service manger who was not there and then I demanded to speak to the GENERAL MANAGER, GREG JONES! After speaking with him he wrote down all the complaints I had and went to go find out what was going on with my car. maybe 5 minutes later he and the other service advisor came in together and the General Manager said that everything is great and he tested the lights himself and they were good to go. He also said that he will give me a free oil change next time and I went ahead an accepted his apology and free oil change. I go back out to my car after paying and guess what?????? IT WAS STILL NOT FIXED! These people need to know that customer is king and while we may not be right all the time, they owe it to us to make it right when they mess it up!

DON'T DO IT!!!

by from Lewisville |

This is my very first review ever doing. I received a call from a female stating that I had been approved for a car up to 25k. I already know that I am terribly upside down so I asked her to verify that it was me. She explained that my credit report had been pulled and everything was good to go and I just needed to bring in my check stubs, proof of residence. After driving 45mins to the lot I meet with Marc Shearer (SHOULD HAVE WALKED AWAY) he sits with me at this table in the lobby and tell me to go find what I like on the lot. After telling him my too 3 cars he begins to go over my credit report n tell me how upside down I am. I tell him I know all this why would he tell me to come 45 mins to go over stuff I know. He then ask me if I can call my grandmother, mom,dad, boyfriend to co-sign. I tell him no and he basically just says thank you if u think of someone that can co sign call him, don't need anything but their social n dob. A TOTALLY WASTE OF TIME!!!! MARC SHEARER NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND THAT IT'S THE CUSTOMERS THAT'S MAKING SURE HIM N HIS FAMILY EATS SO HE MIGHT WANNA TAKE SOME CUSTOMER SERVICE CLASSES N NOT BE SO DARN RUDE!!!

Done buy a car from here !!!! Horrible service

by from Desoto,tx |

I went into your local dealership call Mac Haik Ford located @ 515 N I-35 E DeSoto, TX 75115. I went in to look for a car after considering different dealships I deceided to try out this ford dealership after applying online a man name Mark contacted me and told me he had me approved and to come in and he would get me in the car I wanted guaranteed. I went up to the dealership and waited 1 whole hour before mark even acknowledge me or even help me. when he finally decided to help me he was very rude and seem frustrated. when I got to the dealership everything he told me on the phone change. he told me I wasn't approved for a car yet. the car I was interested in he told me he didn't know the price of it when I ask. Mark raise his voice at me and instantly started screaming at me and ask me " why are you even in here trying to buy a car from us anyway." I couldn't believe he would even talk to a customer like this ! he told me the only way I could be approved is if I had a co-signer when he never told me that on the phone. he told me before I drove up there "I" was already approved and I just had to pick out a car and sign the paper work. Mark got up and told another guy who work there to "help these people" and roll his eyes and walk off. I WILL NEVER BUY A CAR FROM HERE AND I WILL NEVER REFER ANYONE TO COME TO THIS FORD DEALERSHIP ! I have never felt so belittle before and I'm extremely upset about this. someone should teach mark the value of customer service because ford will lose a lot of customers because of him. I'm going to make sure I go to BBB to make a complaint as well !

Very Poor Customer Service

by from Cedar Hill, TX |

I visited Mac Haik Desoto for the first time ever on Saturday 6/1/2013. The salesman Randall Lilly was nice and polite. However his communication skills and overall knowledge was not the best. I did not encounter an issue until after processing the paperwork. I noticed a discrepancy on the price of the vehicle that was on the paper work and what the salesman and I agreed to. Mr. Lilly stated he could not assist me with the number breakdown as he had no knowledge of the process (but told me when I entered the dealership he had been in the business for years). He then asked for the sales manager, Roland Lynn to assist me. Mr. Lynn acted as if I was calling for WW3 by asking him to leave his desk to explain the numbers to me. His attitude was horrible so he pushed me off onto the sales director, Sam Campbell. Mr. Campbell was the absolute rudest sales person I have ever met. He continuously made out of line rude comments and on three occassions threw his pen forcefully onto the desk as if customer service was a problem for him. I do not recommend this dealership to anyone looking for great customer service. Had I not already signed the paperwork I would have left the car that I purchased. I am very scared as I see many other reviews stating that their service dept has bad customer service and I purchased a warranty with this dealership. BUY ELSEWHERE BECAUSE THE SALES PEOPLE DO NOT CARE.