TruWorth Auto

TruWorth Auto

3006 E 96th St, Indianapolis, IN 46240

Used 877-333-4138

SELL SAVVY BUY SMART / STRESS FREE TRANSPARENT EXPERIENCE GUARANTEED / NO DEALER FEES, DOC FEES/ FINANCING

GREAT PLACE TO BUY A CAR

by from Greentown In |

Was shopping for a good low mileage convertible. Found this 2005 Chrysler Sebring with very low mileage and in great shape bought it the same day. The buying process was superb. I highly recommend Tru Worth Auto and a big thanks to Chip, Big Mike and Tom Thanks guys this car is awesome!!!!

June 24, 2014

Happy to hear about your positive experience! Thank you for stopping in! Enjoy your new vehicle!

A Different Way Of Doing Business

by from Brownstown, Indiana |

I saw a vehicle that I was interested in on the internet at Truworth and spoke with Jen. My wife and I made arrangements with Jen and arrived right about their closing time. Nonetheless we were shown and drove a good example of a vehicle that we were interested in. We were even encouraged to do a second test drive which we accepted. The vehicle looked clean and drove well, and the price was fair and even a bit under the market. At my request Jen sent their inspection records to me for my review. Although we ultimately found another vehicle (which better suited out particular needs) and did not purchase the one we found at Truworth the experience was positive and when we look for another vehicle we will certainly check out their inventory. They also have a program where they share the proceeds of the sale of a car they buy. I was not trading anything so I did not get all the details but it sounds interesting. The only negative is that they won't negotiate their price but in my research their price was fair so it did not matter.

July 12, 2014

So glad to hear about your positive experience! We hope to see you next time you are looking for a car!

Follow up to "do NOT buy a car from here"

by from Carmel, IN |

With regard to the response you left for me, i have spoken to MANY people at your facility and also returned the plate to you BEFORE you wrote this review! I am not sure why you feel that communicating with me has been difficult. I believe it has been quite the opposite. I had spoken to my sales person, the title person, the finance manager AND the general Sales manager. It was ME who had to make repeated phone calls to try and find out what was going on and it was ME who personally brought the plate in to you less than 7 days after receiving my title in the mail. When you are wrong about something, own the issue and stop trying to make the customer look bad. I held NO BLAME in this. Additionally, perhaps your company should try communicating with one another. Nick, the general sales manager was very polite when I brought him the plate, however, his primary focus was on what he could do to get me to retract my negative review. Unfortunately, your response to my original review has caused me to write yet another poor review. I am finished with Truworth Auto and will not respond again to any more of this nonsense. Buyers beware.

Be Careful!!

by from Carmel, IN |

My experience with TruWorth has been very frustrating to say the least. I bought a used car, paying cash for it in April. My salesperson was very friendly and helpful. She was truly the ONLY friendly and helpful person I dealt with during this experience. After having my car for a couple of weeks, I had not received any paperwork for the title or registration. I emailed my salesperson, Jen, to find out what was going on. After some research, she left me a voicemail stating she did not want to discuss the "situation" in an email, but would rather discuss on the phone. After speaking, I found out that there was a "problem" with the title, but they were addressing it. Jen also offered to put a dealer plate on my car because my previous plate had expired. I spoke with someone in the title department who told me that they were "having a hard time getting the lien released on the title. It took over 60 days and many phone calls/emails to FINALLY receive a title on the car. My title is postmarked 6/23/14. I received a voicemail from someone at Truworth just a day or so after receiving my title/registration paperwork stating that her manager had asked her to call me to get the plate back. Obviously, I needed to get the new plate/registration before doing this. A couple of days later, Jen called and I told her that I hadn't had the title that long and that I was dealing with the death of my father in Michigan and would be in by the end of the week or early next week to drop off the plate. She was AWESOME and agreed that this would indeed be appropriate. The very next day, I received a voicemail AND an email from Chip, the Sales Manager requesting the plate back. I called him back to explain AGAIN what the situation is and told him I would return the plate by the end of this week or early next week. Because Chip is the manager, I decided to discuss with him ALL of the issues and problems I had trying to get the title. He became very argumentative and rude. He would not listen to what I was trying to say. He was speaking over me and was extremely aggressive. He accused me of borrowing money from someone to buy the car because I could not get financing. NOT TRUE. Also, NOT RELEVANT. He also told me that he did not care if they lost me as a returning customer. Chip told me I had two days to return the plate or he would be contacting an attorney. When I asked him not to threaten me, he said, "Or else WHAT??" I asked to speak to Chip's boss, and he told me he was the highest person there. He told me there was no corporate office or really anyone else that I could speak to. After ending this conversation abruptly, Chip called me back to "apologize." He told me that he had just spoken to his General Manager (wait... I thought there was no one above him??) and that he was sorry that he did not know all the facts before calling me. I explained to him that I had been trying to tell him what was going on with the title and the plate, but he kept interrupting. To this he stated that there were "25 other people around when I called." Not sure why this mattered. To Chips credit, he did call me to apologize and was MUCH more appropriate and understanding. HOWEVER, the way he spoke to me and the accusations he made were completely out of line and his apology was too little too late. I love my new car, but because of this experience, I will not be buying any vehicle here again and I will not recommend this establishment to anyone I know. Extremely disappointed customer.

July 5, 2014

I am glad you love your new car. I'm sorry everything didn't goes as planned. One review would have been sufficient

Do NOT buy a car from here!!!!

by from Indiana |

I purchased a car here. I paid cash. It took over 60 days to receive a title. During that time, my current plate expired and Truworth put a dealer plate on my car while I waited for the title. Turns out, the title wasn't clear when they sold me the car, thus the 60 day time frame. They did not communicate effectively, I had many unreturned phone calls. The manager did not know what was going on. He then accused me of borrowing money from a family member becasue I couldn't get financing. This, was not true. I was offered financing and CHOSE to pay cash for the vehicle because the interest rate was to high. The manager of the dealership was rude, aggressive and inappropriate. I will never buy from them again. I would never reccommend them to another person. Good luck in anything goes wrong!!!

July 4, 2014

Normally transferring title is a quick process, but there are instances where finance companies sell auto loans much like selling home loans. This was one of those cases. We tried doing the right thing by letting you use our plate while we fixed the problem. We also offered to pay any fees associated with the issue we caused. However, communicating with you has proved to be difficult along with we are still waiting for the return of the plate we lent to you. We are sorry everything did not get completed in an efficient manor and get completed in the expectations that we set forth.

Problem Solved

by from Indianapolis, IN |

My name is Larry Dean Warren. Last week I reviewed and commented on my experience with TruWorth Auto. I would like to provide an update on my situation with the dealership. I would like to retract any and all comments I posted on this site last week. I now know that those comments were made in haste without giving TruWorth an opportunity to respond to my concerns. I had called and e-mailed my concerns to my sales team. Unknown to me these concerns did not make it to Nick Hardwick, the general sales manager in a timely manner due to the conflicting work schedules of the sales team and Nick. Once Nick was aware of the situation with the vehicle I purchased he contacted me the same day to help resolve the issue. Nick had me bring the car to the dealership to be inspected. I was told that as I suspected that there was an issue with the drivetrain. Nick instructed the service team to order me a rental car and proceed with checking out my car. The inspection determined that the transmission would need to be replaced. In my communication with Nick on Monday (3/03/14) he informed me that the car would be repaired at no cost to me. Nick and the entire team at TruWorth have been the ultimate professionals since he got involved. They have gone above and beyond to correct the situation I experienced last week. I want to apologize to TruWorth Auto for any remarks I made in my review of their dealership last week. I sincerely believe that a lack of communication between me, the sales team and the general sales manager (Nick) is what caused this problem. I would recommend this dealer to any and all who decide to purchase a vehicle from TruWorth.

March 6, 2014

So glad we could resolve that for you!

Won't Face Uo To A Problem

by from Indianapolis |

This company is all smiles and friendly when you are going through the purchasing process. They make you feel very comfortable. Once they get your signature on the dotted line everything changes. I purchased a 2010 Ford Escape on 2/12/14 and picked up the vehicle on 2/13/14. I will acknowledge the SUV was purchased as is. I live approximately 30 miles from the dealership. The day I picked my SUV the powertrain warning light came on before I ever got the SUV home. Please note this was within 40 minutes of the time the SUV was picked up. I called Chip who was the manager who handled my transaction to inform him of this issue. He sent my call through to their service department. The service department tried to tell me that the light was on because they forgot to reset it after they changed the oil. My owner?s manual states that the light that is coming on is specifically for the powertrain. On 2/17/14 I spoke to Chip a second time concerning this issue since the power train warning light continues to come on daily. His comment was for me to put something in writing to him which I did on 2/20/14. At this time I asked him or Ron Williams to contact me to discuss this matter. I emailed Chip a second time on 2/24/14 again asking him to contact me concerning this issue. I have had nothing but complete silence from him and everyone else at the dealership. I understand that when you purchase a car on an as is basis you are taking certain risk but I would hope that a car dealership would be reputable enough to sell you a car that would at least get you home from the dealership before experiencing mechanical problems. My advice for anyone who thinks about purchasing a car from here would be to run the other way. The dealer will make no attempt to solve your issues once they have your money in their pocket. My intentions are to spread my opinion of this dealership to the 800+ facebook friends in my network as well as the 1,000+ local email clients I have in the Indianapolis metro area so none of them experience what I have with this dealership. Beware of TruWorth Auto.

March 4, 2014

This issue has been resolved and a revised review by Dean can be seen here: http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/TruWorth-Auto-review-42999/ or on our facebook page here:https://www.facebook.com/TruWorthAuto

Horrible Company

by from Indianapolis, Indiana |

I would have to say this is the worst place to buy a car in the city. Not only did they pull my credit over 40 times but the Finance Manager actually even was sexually harassing my wife when I was in the restroom. I would stay clear of this establishment if I was you, when you see the chunky creeper of a finance manager coming your way run....

March 12, 2014

In addressing your first claim, there is no plausible reason that we would have pulled your credit over 40 times. This is not how our sales process is structured, nor does it make sense in regards to the waste of resources this would represent for us. As to the second claim, we have never had any formal complaints of that nature - from any customer - since we opened. We feel that this review does not accurately portray us as an organization, and we are taking it very seriously. If you would like to discuss this more, either on the phone or in person, please call 317-853-6700 as soon as possible. Our General Manager is willing to speak to you directly if at all possible, as he would like to get some answers in regards to these claims. Thank you, Josh

Great Experience!

by from Fishers, IN |

Very easy experience and great people to deal with. The process was simple and I received a great price for the car. Will be back when my other cars are ready to be sold.

March 6, 2014

We will be happy to help you again in the future! Thank you for stopping in!

Great Staff, Great Selection, No hassles

by from Indianapolis, IN |

My daughter was needing a car and we found one we liked at TruWorth so we arranged a time to take a look and test drive. We didn't like the one we selected, but the sales team listened to what our needs were and had other options to look at. Turned out, the car we bought was a better deal (new and less miles) for about the same price as the original car. They did a great job helping with the finance portion as well, no running back and forth with "the manager" and trying to change the deal or add on a bunch of stuff. In fact the manager worked with us while selecting the car, discussing the dealership and why TruWorth is better than most dealerships....and they were right. And all of this took place after there normal closing time, they were happy to stay and work with us. They didn't try to rush us out or schedule to come back on Monday.

March 6, 2014

So great to hear about your experience, thank you for stopping in!

First Choice Dealer

by from Indianapolis, IN |

This is the second time we have bought a car from TruWorth Auto and I have to say that both times were very satisfying and pleasant experiences. The first was a 2007 Camry, which we purchased in May of 2012 and we've had no problems with that vehicle. There is no pressure, just facts....and lots of them! The web site resources are unparalleled, the value is unmatched and the staff is very knowledgeable and patient.

January 30, 2014

So glad we could provide you with all the information you were looking for! Congratulation on your purchase!