Clar Hagen Auto Group

Clar Hagen Auto Group

1721 South Ave, Rochester, NY 14620

Used 888-840-0184

Exactly what I was looking for

by from Greece, NY |

After I was involved in an accident, I found myself suddenly in search of a replacement car. Vance immediately responded to my inquiry through this website, and he worked with me while I waited to find out what the insurance proceeds would be. We worked together on the price (I was limited by the amount of the insurance payment), and when we were ready to finalize the deal, South Ave. Auto actually took the car to my own mechanic on my behalf in order to get his approval. The couple of minor things my guy found, South Ave. fixed without a question -- Vance and the dealership took care of everything. When I picked up my new van, there were a couple of minor things that they'd ordered the parts for, and as soon as those parts came in, I dropped the car off, and the finished in record time! All in all, this was the best car-buying experience I've ever had, and I would not hesitate to do business with, or to recommend, South Avenue Auto to anyone looking for an affordable used car. The company itself seems to be well-run by people who like and respect each other and their customers, and the employees that I met seemed content - like everyone liked working together. I think that helped make the whole experience as pleasant as it was.

Great buying experience and quality car!!!

by from Rochester, NY |

I purchased a used Subaru from South Ave Auto and my entire experience was great!!! I came to them with a low credit score and Matt was able to get me credit approval without any money down. Matt also took care of getting my license and registration from the DMV and getting my insurance all set up through Geico. He definitely made the car buying experience very quick and painless. The owner Vance and his mechanics also did a great job repairing all the issues that the car had before I picked it up. They replaced all four tires; rear brake pads, calipers and rotors; and a front ball joint. I did have a few items that needed to be checked after the first week that I owned the car (turning signal bulb, rear brake light, tire loosing air), but Vance was able to get me in and fix everything the same day. My Subaru now runs great! I would definitely recommend South Ave Auto, and I would definitely buy another car from Matt and Vance.

Super everything!

by from Rochester, NY |

I recently purchased a 2000 Buick Park Avenue from Vance at South Avenue Auto. After driving it for a week, I found a few minor, mostly annoying problems. Having read their generous 60 day warranty, I was aware that none of the items were technically covered. When I called, I was told to bring the car in and they would check out my complaints. After only one day, Vance called me back to tell me that all of the problems had been fixed! When I picked the car back up, I was delighted! Everything was now running perfectly! I've purchased over 20 used cars in my long life, but never have I been treated so courteously and professionally. If you're looking for a good used car, call Vance at South Avenue Auto. You'll be happy you did. I surely will never go anywhere else. Thanks guys. You're the best!

Will always go back!

by from Rochester, NY |

I cannot express enough what a great experience I had with the people of South ave Auto. Every single person that works there, owner, salesman, mechanics, and Sara the receptionist. Not only were they helpful, knowledgable, pleasant, and honest ,they made the buying experience very easy and smooth. They also stood by their vehicle sale. A few days after I purchased the vehicle a few things had gone wrong ( it was unexpected) and the fixed it, no charge! It is such a relief to have a car place that is completely honest and trustworthy. That is hard to find. I will always go back there. It feels good to have a reliable place.

Service before and after the sale

by from Rochester NY |

I purchased a 2001 Buick Regal from South Ave Auto. The owner Vance was very helpful during the process. Vance told me that they would do a front end allignment on the vehicle and put in a new rear veiw mirror as the old one had a crack in it. Vance had an employee pick me up at my house to pick up the vehicle. When I picked up the car everything was perfect. After 3 weeks I brought the car in for the ABS light light being on and the rear driver window broke. Vance told me to drop it off and he would have it ready for me the next day. It was a Thursday and I asked Vance if he could keep it until Monday as I was going out of town. Vance said no problem. When I picked up the car on Monday I was not charged with a storage fee. Both the front driver window switch and rear driver window switch were replaced and the rear driver window regulator was replaced. They also fixed the ABS sensor. I received the vehicle invoice with NO CHARGE. I did not buy the vehicle with any kind of a warranty. Everyone that I met that worked at South Ave Auto was very professional. I would recommend them to anyone looking to buy or have work done on a vehicle. Service after the sale is a big deal to me as I have had problems in the past with other dealers. South Ave Auto stands by their work and I will let them do all the service that my 2001 Buick Regal may need. Thanks Vance

Service before and after the sale

by from Rochester NY |

Excellent Cars & Excellent Service!

by from Rochester, NY |

Just took home my 3rd car from South Ave Auto and I am extremely pleased with the work these guys have done. When I came to Vance he told me about this excellent car he had just bought from a dealership in Auburn. The 2005 Chevrolet Malibu MAXX essentially sold itself with its top of the line features (Power Seat, Power Steering, Rear Entertainment System, and Sun Roof to name a few), low mileage, and competitive pricing. However, that didn't stop the Sales Manager Matt from insisting they give the car a good once-over in the shop before letting me take it home. He replaced the brake pads, struts, the intermediate steering shaft, and gave it an oil change to boot! The car felt like it was gliding over silk once I finally took it for a test drive. South Ave Auto has the most honest, friendly, and professional mechanics in the city. Hands down. You'd be hard-pressed to find a better used car anywhere else.

South Ave Auto Great Experience

by from Rochester NY |

Purchased Buick Century! Had a great experience and will refer to many others.

Best in town!

by from Rochester, NY |

South Ave Auto is, without a doubt, the best in town. The prices are great, the customer service is awesome, the work is top of the line, and the people are friendly and honest. I could not recommend this place more.

3rd car bought from them and I am still smiling...

by from Rochester, NY |

I have bought 3 cars from Vance and the guys at SOA and I can say that they are not "acting" like used cars. I have traveled with my 2002 Trailblazer; and commute daily to Buffalo with my 98 Cutlass. All features work and I can show up anytime for maintenance help if need be. I have recommended others to them including my in laws and they're just as pleased. I will continue to buy from them as long as they stay around!