VW Kearny Mesa

8040 Balboa Ave, San Diego, CA 92111

New 888-479-0214
Used 888-633-0413
Service 888-903-1607

The only VW dealer with service open 7 days a week!

Great Service, clean facilities, no process hassle

by from San Diego, CA. |

Bought a 2012 vw jetta from Shawna. Excellent customer service, helped with everything involved in the process. You could literally wait for everything to be done for you. Very nice and kind person, would definitely recommend to future buyers.

October 7, 2014

Thank you for your review, Antonio! We are glad to have you as a customer!

Shawna was awesome to buy a Jetta from!

by from San Diego, CA |

Bought a 2011 Jetta SE from Shawna, and she ensured it was the easiest process I have encountered (5th vehicle bought). Will certainly come back in the future.

October 7, 2014

Mat & Whitney, we are glad to hear you had a great time purchasing your 5th car! Please reach out to us if there is ever anything we can assist you with.

Wonderful Service!

by from San Diego, CA |

I bought a used 2010 Scion tC from here for my teenage daughter (her first and 18th birthday gift)! She loves it! She really wanted a Scion tC. I want to acknowledge a job well done. After coming in Shawna, my salesperson was very knowledgeable and was very straightforward with me. She went above above and beyond to get the deal done. She was very easy to work with. Shawna and the staff exceeded my expectations and made it a very easy process. I went to several smaller dealerships before coming to Volkswagon Kearny Mesa and I am really impressed with their service. My daughter is so happy! Shawna even called the next day to make sure I was happy with my purchase and see if I had any questions or concerns. I am a single mom and I do not know anything mechanically about cars but the great sales service Shawna provided made the car buying experience very relaxing and she was a pleasure to work with. I recommend Shawna and this dealership to all my family and friends.

October 7, 2014

We are happy to hear your daughter loves her Scion tC! Thank you for your kind review on Shawna! We look forward to further assisting you and your daughter in the future.

Great Experience

by from San Diego, Ca |

Thank you Caeser and Dago for making our purchase experience so stress free. From beginning to end they were helpful and courteous. Would recommend this dealership to friends and family.

September 8, 2014

Thank you for this review Anna! We are glad to hear that both Diego and Caeser worked with you to get you the ideal car for your needs!

Takes great care of my 2004 Passat wagon

by from San Diego |

I come here because the service manager, Kathy, took great care of my car in the past at another VW dealership. I was very glad to see her at the Kearny Mesa VW dealership, having known her since 2006. As for the dealership in general: the place is new and clean, the techs know what they're doing, and the results are that my aging car is still like new.

June 11, 2014

Hi Dan! Thank you for the kind words towards Kathy. I am happy to hear that she continues to provide you with great customer service. If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know. Frank Alvarez, General Manager

Key Swap Lease Program

by from San Diego |

I was contacted this past weekend by Abe Santana to see if I'm interested in getting a new 2014 VW CC for the same payments I am getting for my 2012 VW CC (currently leasing until May 2015). It's a beautiful car. I love the design, performance, and features of the car. I was interested in getting the updated version of this car because I wanted to change the interior of the car from two-toned desert beige/black leather to black leather interior. I also wanted a rear-view camera( my #1 want/need for the car I was currently driving). Abe and Steve were able to find the car I was looking for and saw to every detail that I requested. I am so glad that I had this opportunity to get into a new 2014 VW CC with all the great features and upgrades I was looking for. Experienced great customer service from everyone. Abe Santana (sales), Steve (sales), Donna (Finance), Valerie (service writer ), Kathy Roxas (service manager), and Jason Singer(Service Team Lead). I am a very happy VW customer. Thanks again to everyone at Kearny Mesa VW!!!

June 2, 2014

Emerald, thank you for sharing your experience. I am happy to hear we were able to get you into the car that you wanted with the help from Abe and the rest of the team. If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know. Frank Alvarez, General Manager

Dissatisfied Customers

by from San Diego, CA |

We went to the VW Kearny Mesa Dealership in San Diego, California to repair an airbag issue because my 2009 VW GTI airbag fault light was on and the dash board indicator flashed ?airbag fault.? Our initial interaction with staff at this particular dealership was fairly nice as they assisted us almost immediately on Thursday, May 1st, 2014 however, our experience with this dealership quickly changed from positive to negative when we informed the service representative, Ray we had purchased an extended warranty that should cover the cost of repairing the faulty seat sensor pod that malfunctioned. At the outset, we were told by Ray that he must follow-up with the warranty department regarding the terms of our warranty and so forth thus, this entire process might take about a day or two for the dealership to verify and order parts for our repair. Ray explained to us that there is a possibility VW might be able to provide a free rental car depending on the circumstances of the repairs. From our understanding, the terms of our warranty does provide a rental car free of charge but Ray stated that because the repairs exceeded $2,500 (the total amount of repair for our car was actually $2,206.69), a rental car will not be provided free of charge. We then asked for the dealership to provide a loaner car and Ray was quick to say that there was no available loaner car. So we came back on the following Monday and spoke with the service manager, Kathy and after communicating our concerns regarding the airbag being a major safety issue, Kathy agreed to call us and provide a loaner car if it is available. Prior to speaking with Kathy, we found out that another customer who came in days after we did for a tire sensor issue requested a loaner car and that the dealership provided him with a loaner car immediately. Thus, we feel that we were treated unfairly, disregarded, and that our issue was not prioritized. We believe this is a serious SAFETY ISSUE because the airbags will not deploy in an accident due to the faulty sensor, which is similar to the GM situation with the faulty ignition that prevents the airbags from deploying. Ray initially disagreed with us that this is a safety issue and failed to provide us with a loaner car. After 8 days, we received a call from Ray that the car will most likely be repaired by the afternoon and that we must pay a deductible for this repair. We came in to process the paperwork to get our car back and feel that Ray was being very insensitive and argumentative throughout this process when we expressed our dissatisfaction with having to pay additional money to repair a safety issue/defect in the car and the inconvenience of being short a car. We feel that this particular dealership was not very accommodating since they took a while to obtain authorization, order parts, and failed to provide a loaner car. The staff should have been more understanding and waived this deductible for all of the inconveniences we experienced throughout this process. We left feeling very dissatisfied with the way we were treated by Ray and will never come back or refer friends/family to this service department again.

May 15, 2014

We apologize for what you experienced in our dealership. Our Service Manager has tried to contact you to discuss your experience, but unfortunately we haven't been able to reach you. Since your feedback, we have counseled Ray Clearwater regarding improved overall treatment of our customers. Unfortunately, because we were not familiar with your extended warranty, and we needed to follow the company's instructions with the repairs, this caused the delay with the approval for the repairs. We'd like to offer you a refund of $100 for the confusion and mistreatment in our service department. Please contact our Service Manager Kathy Roxas at kroxas@vwkearnymesa.com, if you have any questions or concerns.

Unhappy customer

by from San Diego, CA |

I?m writing to you as very unhappy customer and wanted to share my experience with you. I turned in my old Jetta in September when the lease was up and then leased a 2013 Jetta from Tony Cavaliere. To give you a little background, I leased my original Jetta in 2010 from City Volkswagen. I planned to turn it back into them and lease another car from that dealership. However, after having my car inspected by City (I had a few scratches on it and some wear and tear but otherwise in excellent condition) they told me I was going to owe a significant amount of money and offered me a ?trade in deal? where they would lease me a new car and I would pay approximately $30 more/month to cover all of the damages not have to pay it all out of pocket at once. I was really skeptical about this because other than the scratches, I just did not see any other damage and I was not convinced I was going to owe a lot of money. I took it to Kearney Mesa for a 2nd opinion. Tony and another gentleman inspected it and assured me that City was crazy and they did not see any more that $500 worth of damage. I was also returning the car with excellent mileage. I leased it for 36 months with 15k miles/year. After 3 years I was returning the car with just about 20k miles on it. The interior was also spotless. Tony convinced me to turn the car into them and they would give me a much better deal and said there was no reason for me to do a ?trade in? as I wouldn?t owe more than $500. I agreed to this and leased a new Jetta from Tony and had a pretty pleasant overall Sales experience while doing it. However, the pleasant experience ended there and I have found Tony extremely difficult to work with since then, unhelpful and frankly, unresponsiveness. In November, I received a call from VW credit saying my final bill balance was $2100 form the 2010 Jetta that I turned in. I was shocked and outraged to say the least! I explained to VW credit what Tony had told me from Kearney Mesa and they told me to contact him to see if he/the dealership would help pay for the costs as that has happened in the past. Every time I texted Tony, if he bothered to answer at all, he would respond with a short ?I?m looking into it? then nothing..I would follow up weeks later again and again and still nothing. Finally in Dec, after I sent Tony a strongly worded text and expressed my disappointment in his customer service he finally contacted VW but never followed up with me to tell me what was discussed and determined. I reached out to him again to find out (as I had once again received a letter from VW credit demanding payment for the $2100) and he said ?he?s don?t everything he can and they will contact me to discuss?. In Jan, I received yet another letter from VW demanding payment of $2100. I called them and explained to them that I thought Tony was handling it and they said he was supposed to get back to them but has been unresponsive to them as well. I worked out a deal with them, by myself, to get the final payment reduced down to $1450 but I?m still very upset as that is $1000 more than I expected to pay according to Tony. The customer service that I received from Tony is totally unacceptable. At my job, if it took me 2 months to resolve an issue for a customer (and it?s still not resolved) I would be fired. It?s very clear to me that Tony just said whatever he needed to say to me that day to make the sale back in September and then didn?t care what happened to me once I handed over the check for the new car. I feel lied to and deceived and wish I never came to Kearney Mesa Volkswagen. To say this has ruined my experience of leasing my new car is putting it mildly. I?m not sure if anything can be done at this point but at the very least I wanted to go on the record about how upset I am. I will be leaving a similar review to this on yelp, cars.com, Facebook, the BBB and any other platform I can find to make sure this doesn?t happen to anyone else.

January 15, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to bring this to my attention. I sincerely apologize for what you have dealt with. To make up for your inconvenience, we are offering you $500 credit toward future services/maintenance and a complete professional detail when ready . We do thank you for your business and hope that we can compensate you to keep you satisfied with us. Bob Zivic, Sales Manager 619-884-8320

Jamie Rincon Internet Representative

by from San Diego, CA |

Very informative, friendly sales representative with a professional demeanor throughout the entire process of purchasing my new Jetta TDI. Jaime Rincon made the entire experience relaxing and enjoyable. Highly recommend if looking for a vehicle check him out. Peace,

December 31, 2013

Thank you for your kind words, Patricia. I am pleased to hear that Jaime treated you well throughout your car buying purchase. I hope you are enjoying your new Jetta! If there is anything else I can do to further your satisfaction, please let me know. Frank Alvarez, General Manager

Great service!

by from Valley Center, CA |

Beautiful dealership. Dennis was extremely helpful. We are leasing for the first time and needed a little education. Denis explained everything and we got our car within hours! Thank you!

December 17, 2013

Thank you for your kind words, Elizabeth. I am pleased to hear that Dennis was helpful and did a great job explaining everything to you. If there is anything else I can do to further your satisfaction, please let me know. Frank Alvarez, General Manager