Big City Motors / 12th Street Auto Mart

3100 W 12th St, Sioux Falls, SD 57104

Used 888-310-9045

Crossfire

by from Salt Lake City, UT |

Purchased a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire on 04/13/2015. Flew in from Salt Lake City, Utah to drive it home and the team at Big City made the process simple. The car was ready to go and it was just as they described (the good was good and the minor issues that were disclosed prior to purcahse were alos accurate). They even arranged a cab for me! These are honest folks with good cars that price them well. I would do business with them again!

Great car buying experience!

by from Sioux Falls, SD |

I had done my research before going to the lot, and had about 5 dealerships I was going to visit, each with a different model car I wanted to test drive. Big City had each car I wanted to test drive, so instead of testing all of these cars at different places, we were able to test drive each model right there at Big City. My wife and I ruled out each car we were looking at buying and focused on the Malibu. Our salesperson Randy was awesome! He asked what model cars we were looking at, let us test drive each one, and had the next one lined up to drive each time we got back. We negotiated a fair price for the car and our trade in, we took the car to my mechanic(which they encouraged us to do), he said it was virtually new, and we bought the car that day. There was a small problem with the lights on the stereo and the dome light that we missed(my mechanic missed it too!). I emailed Randy, he said bring it in, and they fixed the issue that week. The car was already paid for and they were under no obligation to fix it! Very impressed with the service we received!

Horrible Place to try to sell your car!!!

by from Sioux Falls, SD |

I had dropped my car off with them to try to sell it and to have it detailed. My Husband and I went driving through the car lot to check out the car and noticed that the Detail job that cost $200 was a JOKE! I could have done a better job than they did!!! After 2 months of my car not getting sold I decided to come and pick it up. It took about 20 minutes before anyone really helped me. When the guy finally went to start my car to move it ahead the battery was dead. (NO WONDER MY CAR DIDN"T SELL WHY WOULD SOMEONE WANT TO BUY A CAR IF THEY HAVE TO GET THE BATTERY CHARGER OUT?!?!?!) They blamed the battery being bad! I had told them that my battery was just fine prior to dropping it off here! (When I got my car home I took it to a shop and they said my battery is good!!!!) In additional to my car being dead when they finally had it started, my engine light was on, my back up camera was not working, my navigation and radio wasn't working. The car had NO power so I went around the block and came back and was like my car is not working like it was when I dropped it off. They charged it again and the power was better but the everything was still not working correctly. And when I was watching the guy take the papers off of the "TINTED" window with a razor blade. We demanded that they fix it and they said "Aren't you just going to trade it in anyways so what the deal?" (This really made me mad!!!) I checked my window and the guy had cut my tint on my windows. Do you think that guy told me about that! NO!!! This Company is a JOKE and i would NOT recommend anyone to buy a car from them or have them sell a car for you!

Experience could not be surpassed!!!

by from Modesto, CA |

Chris Cluts is the best!!!! I live in California and am moving to South Dakota in a couple months. I saw a car online that I was interested and contacted the dealer. Chris worked very hard to help me obtain the vehicle, walking me through what needed to be done on my end. I could not ask for better service. I highly recommend Chris and Big City Motors.

Got the vehicle I wanted, but...

by from Des Moines, Iowa |

I drove from Des Moines to look at a truck listed on cars.com. When I got there, while no one was unfriendly to me, there didn't seem to be a sense of welcome to the dealer. I was put in touch with the salesperson I spoke with on the phone beforehand, he was assisting another customer. I was shown the vehicle, and given the key to start the engine, have a look over it while I waited. I appreciated that. He then came to help me, answered my questions, and then let me take it for my test drive, which went well. When I got back, he told me it would be a short wait while they finished appraising my vehicle. When that was done, we talked numbers. The trade in value was low in my opinion, but I understood their need to turn the car for profit later. We finally agreed on numbers, but to me it seemed like I was not commanding his full attention. While I waited, I noticed that from a lot of the staff there, a lot of juggling of customers. Perhaps that's how they do things up in SD, I don't know. When the process was finished, I was sitting there, not sure if I could go. I had to ask the sales manager if I was done, and his words were, oh, sorry yes we're finished, I was on to the next deal. To me that says they have a herd mentality, shuffle them in, make a deal if possible, and shuffle them out. My salesperson didn't even shake my hand at the end, he was rushing off to his next deal. The truck I got will suit my needs. The deal I got was acceptable within my budget. Not that anyone I know will make the 4 hour drive to Sioux Falls to get a vehicle from these people, but I certainly wont recommend them to anyone I know.

Best car buying experience ever!

by from Springfield, SD |

This was by far the best car buying experience I have had. The description of the vehicle was right on. The van was super clean in and out. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I would definitely buy from this dealer in the future..

No Hassle!

by from Sioux Falls, SD |

Great help and respect from the gentleman I worked with. No pressure sale and he did everything in his power to make it a painless and easy process. Give these guys a shot, they won't do you wrong.