Ravenel Ford

6340 Savannah Hwy, Ravenel, SC 29470

New 888-431-3242
Used 888-482-7712
Service 888-311-5570

Ravenel Ford is the easy place to buy a car!

Customer Focused

by from Edisto Beach, SC |

Facility is very clean. Buying experience was very easy. All the staff we encounter were very friendly and polite. Our salesman (Dale) was very knowledgeable and helpful in making our decision. Dale doesn't stop with his assistance after he makes the sale. He continues to ensure you are happy with your vehicle. We bought a truck to tow a camper. He went out of his way to ensure the truck we picked out was capable of towing the weight of the camper we plan on towing. I would recommend this small town dealership to anyone looking for a new or used vehicle.

Great buying experience!

by from Johns Island, SC |

Very accommodating and professional! Bent over backwards to be certain I was satisfied with the purchase of my truck. No haggling needed and price beat other dealerships hands down. Before buying other places, I would highly recommend shopping at Ravenel Ford. It is worth the drive!

Not our 1st purchase from Ravenel Ford

by from James Island, SC |

We were in the market for a used car, looked online and saw one at Ravenel Ford, called to see if it was still available and it was so we headed over to look at it and test drive it. Charles Curry is our salesperson and he is always so nice and professional, no hassle, no hard sell, just very accommodating. We got it for the price we wanted to pay. We loved the vehicle and bought it that day. This is not our 1st purchase from Ravenel Ford. We always check here first when looking for a car. They haven't failed us yet.

Awesome Sales Rep and location.

by from Ravenel, SC |

Ted Blankenship was my sales guy. He was awesome. There was no pressure to buy anything and he was willing and eager to show me any car that would work in my category and liking. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a good quality used car.

Great buying experience

by from Summerville South Carolina |

I was really surprised about the no haggle pricing. they offered more for my trade which was a 2009 Dodge Ram sport crew. I bought a 2013 Ford F 150 fx2 I really like it Charles curry was our sales person I cannot say how surprised I was about not being pushed into a vehicle there was no pressure anyway I was really impressed by my overall experience and I would recommend Ravenel forward to anybody that's looking for a new vehicle

Very Satisfied Customer

by from Aiken, SC |

I just purchased a 2011 Ford Ranger from Ravenel Ford. My wife saw the vehicle on-line, we called to make an appointment on a Saturday, and purchased it the same day. Ted, our salesman, was very helpful during the whole process. We quickly reached an agreement regarding the cost of the pickup truck and the trade-in allowance for our car. I returned the next business day to pick up the Ford Ranger, which was clean and filled with gas. The whole process went quite smoothly.

Very Satisfied Customer

by from Charleston SC |

I am a repeat customer. Looked at their inventory on line. Found a vehicle interested in. Went to look at it and drove it home the same day. Fair trade in for my truck and below market price on their vehicle. The sales staff is professional-no pressure or hard sale. Gave me the figures and let me make my own decision. I have recommended this dealer in the past and will continue to do so.

Purchase new car

by from Mt. Pleasant, SC |

Very comfortable showroom and warm personnel. Ravenal Ford was willing to make us completely happy and found us just the right vehicle.i

Best dealership in south carolina

by from Ravenel,south Carolina |

Excellent service my salesman tommy did an excellent job I'm making them my dealership for life

Terrible, Terrible experience

by from Johns Island, SC |

My recent experience with Ravenel Ford. I went and test drove a Nissan Titan they had for sale in the used lot. It was a nice vehicle for the price, during the test drive the TPMS light came on, when I returned I informed them, and they took it to service and made the light go out. I then went back 3 times to negotiate the asking price, well they would not negotiate with my trade or the asking price. I was dealing with salesman Ted Blankenship. I sold my car out right, and I eventually came to their terms and agreed to pay the asking price. During the agreement they informed me I would have to pay sales tax, I informed them that I am active duty military and would be registering the truck in my state of residency, and my state does not require me to pay sales tax. After telling Ted this, he completely disagreed and would not listen to my explanation. I was then transferred to the General Manager, I informed him of my situation and we argued on the phone for 30 minutes about the matter. He stated that since the truck had an open bed, I was not exempt, I asked where I could find this law, and he said he didn?t know, and that was their rule. I emailed the SCDMV for there response and this was the first time they had ever heard of that, so it was going to have to go up to the Law Analyst for SC legislature. And made numerous phone calls to confirm I was exempt. Well I really needed a vehicle, and decided I would just go ahead and pay them the $300 sales tax fee. When I went to pick up my new to me truck it was filthy, tank of gas, only 1 ignition key, and the TPMS light was on again. When I asked Ted about these things, he said he would not fill up the truck with gas, it was as clean as they could do, and they only had 1 key for it and no key fobs. They took the truck back to service again for the TMPS, and the service tech explained to me, they had to buy a new sensor and Nissan needed to calibrate it, and that?s why the light was on, so I asked how they cleared the light before, and they said they didn?t know. I left the dealership and had to go directly across the street to fill it up with gas, when I got home I had to spend the rest of the night cleaning the truck. After a day I noticed the rear backup sonar did not work any more, the cruise control did not work, and after taking the truck to Nissan, 3 out of the 4 TPMS sensors where bad (how did they get the light to turn off at the dealership when first asked?) I understand it was a used truck, but fill it up and clean it? After my deposit was made, they called and said they discovered I would not have to pay the sales tax, No apology for me wasting all my time emailing SCDMV and making numerous phone calls, to prove I was correct. Not only was my salesman extremely rude but so was the general manager, I was at awe at the amount they didn?t care about the customer. I made a phone call again to the general manager after receiving a email wanting feedback from me, I informed him of everything I listed in this review, and he informed me my expectations were to high. I asked if there was anything the dealership wanted to do to make me a happy customer, the short answer was no! I would never recommend anyone to purchase a vehicle thru this dealership, and I am really confused on how this dealership has high reviews, maybe I was just the bad apple, but I had such a terrible experience I thought I needed to share with others. I will be curious to see a response from the dealership on here....

Ravenel Ford responded to this review

March 1, 2014

We are very sorry and disappointed that this customer did not enjoy purchasing his vehicle from us. We believe all customers should get a great deal with no hassles. Our one low price policy is intended to make this happen but we recognize that someone expecting to negotiate could see our inability to offer additional discounts as terrible service. This customer made three trips to look at this truck and ultimately found it and our price to be the best value in the market. On the sales tax issue, South Carolina does not have a military sales tax exemption for trucks. This customer was so convinced he was not required to pay sales tax that we eventually agreed to take the loss on the sales tax amount. As for the issues with the vehicle, we prefer to sell new or reconditioned used vehicles with a warranty but understand that many customers want to buy less expensive vehicles. Rather than sending our older cars to wholesale auction, we sell the nicer ones at extra low prices. We are careful to set clear expectations for these cars and to address the risks customers assume when they buy them. We mark our older cars with big red stickers that warn customers of uncompleted service and maintenance items, mechanical and cosmetic defects and not to buy the car if they would be unhappy with a breakdown, even if it happened on the way home from the dealership. Customers sign multiple documents acknowledging they understand the terms of sale and more than one employee discusses the risks face to face. This truck had well over 200,000 miles on it, was sold "as is" and we are confident that this customer knew it had problems and that for the price he bought it for, we would not offer any additional concessions. We were surprised when he called to ask us to make repairs to the vehicle and give him a tank of gas in exchange for him not writing a negative review of our dealership. While we truly want to make our customers happy, our sense of integrity did not allow us to make this deal. We believe in the review system and encourage honest constructive criticism to help us improve. We do not believe in buying reviews.

Great Experience

by from Greenville, SC |

Had a great experience with Ravenel Ford. They have great prices, no dealer fee (most dealers charge an extra $400-$800 on top of purchase price), good customer service, they gave us a short warranty, and they even handled registering the vehicle and ordering our license plate for no additional charge. I would highly recommend them.