Freedom Ford

101 E Main St, Havelock, NC 28532

vehicle experience

by from havelock nc |

worked well with getting into a newer vehicle, got a certified pre owned 2013 escape

#1 Freedom Ford Fan

by from Newport, NC |

I purchased my vehicle from Freedom Ford this past summer, but had neglected to write a review of my experience. The General Manager reminded me when I was in there for service, and so I am on here to share. After reading the few negative reviews I feel compelled to tell my story. I am a single mother and have very little income and bad credit. Some of the salesmen from Freedom Ford would stop by where I work for coffee in the mornings, and would always invite me to purchase a car. They were all very nice and I could tell that they have fun where they work. I was driving a car that was not fit to drive, it broke down all the time and I felt unsafe in it. I showed up at the dealership and was treated like a queen. Even though I had credit problems and was so afraid that they were going to be like sorry, we can't do anything for you, they did not. Instead they showed me three vehicles that they could get me approved for and how much money I would need down for each. Since I didn't have hardly any money, I chose the one that required the least money down - $400. Now this may not seem important to you, but no other dealership could get me approved without thousands down. I actually cried when they told me I was approved. I bought the car, but had a light come on the dash the very same day. I took it back to the dealership and they gave me something to drive and kept my car until it was fixed. When they fixed it, they cleaned it and delivered it to my work. I don't know if everyone gets this deal, but mine came with a lifetime engine guarantee and my first two years of maintenance for free. How could you expect anything more than friendly people, a decent car for a decent price and help when and if you need it. I think some people feel entitled to something, but for me, I am thankful that Freedom Ford cared enough to help get me into a nice car.

"Top of the line Dealer" 2014 Fusion

by from havelock, N.C. |

I recently purchased a 2014 Ford Fusion from Freedom Ford. From beginning to end, the sales process was soooo easy. My sales associate Johnny Schmidt had answers to every question I asked. He was very knowledgeable and experienced with the Ford line up. I would recommend Freedom Ford to anyone who is looking to purchase a car without being pushed or pressured. Thanks a lot Guys!!!!

Upset parent

by from Leland NC |

My son bought a truck on dec 26 2013 it is now jan 19. 2014 his truck broke down jan 15 he put in a new alternator in and charge the batteries and the bat tiers still won't charge, he towed it the dealer ship all they did is charge the bat tiers again and told him the truck is fine, 4 miles down the it broke down again, they would not come get him or tow the truck, so he took out the batteries and carried them thier. After about an hour half of arguing they offered 137 towns the batteries , there are 2 batteries for that truck. The gm would let him speak to the owner of the dealership. My son is in the military is that how they treat our soldiers........we r not done with this dealer ship, they were all great about selling him the truck and promised him this was a great truck and we'll taken care of..".....

Freedom Ford responded to this review

January 22, 2014

It is always disappointing to hear of an upset customer, or in this case, that of their parent. I trust you will consider the following information before rushing to judgment against our company. Your son did indeed purchase a truck from our dealership, and we are grateful for the business and thankful for his past service to our country. Your son inquired about and purchased a vehicle that we would not normally retail to the general public due to the fact that is had 275,000 miles on the odometer, but he sought to purchase it anyway, knowing full-well that he was doing so "AS-IS WHERE IS". The General Sales Manager (Sam)specifically explained that there could be no warranty, express or implied, on such a high-mileage vehicle prior to purchase. When your son brought the truck back into our service department with the "will not crank" issue (nearly a month after purchase), our service department diagnosed the truck as having weak batteries and charged them without any cost as good-will toward your son. I understand that a couple of days later, the same instance occurred and he took it to a parts store (i.e. AutoZone, O'Rileys, etc), and they too diagnosed it as weak batteries and charged them for him too. Apparently before your son replaced the defective alternator, it caused internal cell damage to the batteries. When the Sam (GSM) asked me if I was willing to provide any further good-will assistance to your son due to the extenuating circumstances, I offered to pay 50% of the estimate (one battery since it takes two). I believe that this is a fair and equitable offering for a vehicle that was sold and represented clearly "AS-IS". I never spoke to your son. He may have thought that Sam is the GM. Your son is more than welcome to call me directly, as Sam should have offered him my contact information upon request. I do apologize for the inconvenience and the frustration.

NADA prices v Blue Book, which rules?

by from Williamston, NC |

Could have made a deal but appraiser insisted on values in NADA book rather than BLUE BOOK values which were slightly higher.

Highly Recommend!!

by from New Bern NC |

Salesman "Buddy Love" and finance man Paul went above and beyond my expectations in helping me to get a car. My expectations were to only be able to purchase a older model and they surprised me with a 2012 model. And for the next two years my oil changes and tire rotations and so forth are free. I will come back for my next vehicle!! Be sure and ask for Buddy as your salesman. Thanks so much!! You guys are second to none!!

Really enjoyed my first mustang I bought here made

by from havelock, north carolina |

Manny helped me out a lot in making it easy to purchase this mustand and helped me find a way to purchase it today. The employes there also were a great help in servicing me and getting this done for me i greaty thank them for their help.

Highly Suggested

by from Havelock, NC |

We had been to several dealerships in the area trying to trade in our Tundra for a car and no one wanted to work with us. Freedom Ford was amazing from the start. They did everything they could to work with us and give us the best deal possible and we walked away with the car we wanted. My husband is a Marine and so is was nice for someone to actually give him the time of day and work twords what we needed. I would also like to add that we have a one year old so obviously she does not like sitting still for very long at all. They never seemed to get annoyed with her. They even gave her a balloon to keep her happy. I really appreciate everything this company did for us.

Went their for a truck and got ripped off

by from Havelock nc |

We bought a 2004 f150 from there as is and 32 days later the motor blew up while my husband was driving home from work.not our problem is what we were told in so many words.we haven't even made the first of the 48 payments we owe on it.dont go there they pushed us into the truck we thought we were getting a good deal nope now we owe $9000 on something that is dead.

Freedom Ford responded to this review

March 13, 2013

Although an unfortunate occurrence, this complaint needs to have the full details of the transaction exposed. This customer DID in fact purchase a high mileage 2004 F-150 from our dealership with a known "noise in the motor", which was fully disclosed to the buyer at time of vehicle selection. The customer felt that the noise was negligible enough to continue forward with the purchase. Furthermore, the vehicle was represented "AS-IS WHERE IS" with no warranty or guarantee. The customer made a conscience decision to complete the purchase, and even returned to the dealership to pick up their license plates, at which time they reported to their sales consultant how much they loved the truck. Immediately upon the customer's contact to the dealership notifying us that the engine was blown, our dealership authorized a 35% discount off of parts & labor as a "goodwill adjustment" because we wish to maintain excellent customer relations in the community. This discount represents a $1,872.50 discount which is greater than the profit generated from the sale of the vehicle to the customer. I do not know of any other dealership in the marketplace that would provide this level of customer satisfaction and issue resolution, I only wish this customer was appreciative of our willingness to assist. This complaint is truly disheartening knowing that the customer is not satisfied with our offer of resolution. I extend this offer until the close of business March 31, 2013.

Easy buying experience!

by from Havelock |

I visited this dealership after seeing the 2010 F-150 that I wanted on this website. I was greeted and taken care of by Harry Martinez, a very polite, knowledgeable sales person. Very smooth, no pressure transaction. I always recommend everyone to go here because they are very professional and very very patient. And the free oil changes are always a plus!!!!! -Amanda