Route 22 KIA

Service 888-645-9664

EVERYBODY DRIVES!

Great experience at kia

by from Browns Mills NJ |

I had a very good and fast buy at route 22 Kia with my sales man Clay Roca, he had everything set up quickly and efficiently I couldn't ask for a more stress free experience and the price was great. I left knowing I got one great deal!

MY EXPERIENCE 1ST DAY I DROVE OFF THE LOT-part 2

by from NEWARK, NJ |

I decided to call the Finance Company myself to find out what was going on, AND WHY THEY WERE TAKING SUCH A LONG TIME TO GET BACK TO THE DEARLERSHIP WITH AN ANSWER - once I spoke to a manager there, they informed me that the car dealership was lying and that all they had to do was call them and let them know they were going to put me into another car squash the present deal, and the check they were sent not cash and wait for the other check for the new deal. The finance company said they were not waiting on any answers from them, because they already know what to do. Spoke to the Finance COMPANY again today (6/30/2014) which the gentleman replied He just could not believe I was still driving around in that car and he doesn't know why they hadn't traded me out by now. All they had to do was redo the numbers; he also said he felt bad for me that the dealership is treating me so badly. This car is the worst thing I could of ever received from a dealership that' advertises above all else loyalty to its customers and to think I trusted them and believed in their commitment to their customers. One day last week I called into their finance department to speak to Lou about my maintenance plan which oil changes were supposed to be for the year and on my third one they said that was it. Lou did tell me to give him a call when I got ready for another oil change which was fine. I also let him know I was still pretty hurt from the accident at their store and that I was no longer able to work at my part-time job since February, which is truly one of my losses of income, he saw what my payments were and told me let him see what he could work out, this was June 2014. I called two days later to speak with him, told the receptionist if I could speak with him he was working on something for me and he told the young lady, " tell her that he wasn't working on anything for me". At least I thought he was trustworthy and it turns out he was not. The is the worst experience I have ever had and still having with ROUTE22 KIA, HILLSIDE NJ I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS DEALERSHIP TO ANYONE!!!! EVEN AFTER I HAD AN ACCIDENT ON THEIR PROPERTY THE SERVICE MANAGER HAD TO GO TO THE GENERAL MANAGER 4TIMES BEFORE HE WOULD EVEN ADDRESS THE MATTER AND THE MANAGER SHABAZZ MADE A VERY OBNOXIOUS AND RUDE COMMENTS. YOU WOULD OF THOUGHT EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE TWO DIFFERENT ISSUES THEY WOULD OF OFFERED TO TRADE ME OUT OF THE CAR OR AT LEAST GIVE IT TO THEIR MAZDA DEALER TO FIX. THIS IS An AWFUL DEALERSHIP, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM IT AND DON'T BELIEVE IN THERE RETURN POLICY, BECAUSE IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR CAR THEY WILL DRAG IT OUT PASS THE 72HRS AND LEAD YOU ON UNTIL THEY RECEIVE THE CHECK FROM THE FINANCE COMPANY. AFTER THAT THEY STOP ALTOGETHER IN RETURNING YOUR CALLS AND COULD CARE LESS IF YOU WERE KILLED WHILE DRIVING THERE VEHICLE. IGNAZIO THE OWNER, ALEX THE GENERAL MANAGER AND SHABAZZ THE MANAGER SHOULD ALL BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES FOR TREATING A CUSTOMER IN SUCH A HORRIBLE FASHION AND FOR ALL OF THEM TO KEEP TELLING ME ALL THEY WANT IS FOR ME TO HAVE A GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH THEIR DEALERSHIP WAS A JOKE, STAY FAR, FAR AWAY!!!! AND I'M STILL HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM I HAD WHEN I FIRST DROVE OFF THERE LOT!!!!!! ONE DEALERSHIP YOU WOULD WANT TO AVOID!! How badly I was treated by Route 22 Kia, 399 Route22West, Hillside NJ. Also sending To Corporate Headquarters at Kia as well. (Even though they are independently owned their actions are still a reflection on Corporate).

MY EXPERIENCE 1ST DAY I DROVE OFF THE LOT - prt.1

by from NEWARK, NJ |

6/30/2014 To Corporate Headquarters at Kia (Even though they are independently owned their actions are still a reflection on Corporate). My experience based on when I drove off the Lot (ROUTE 22 KIA, 399 ROUTE22W, HILLSIDE, NJ) My experience with Shabazz / Alex and in June 2014 with Lou has been the most horrible experience I had with a dealership. And I'm pretty sure they had to have been in contact with the owner Iggy as well. I purchased a Mazda Mazda 5 mini wagon from this dealership on 12/28/2013 that was supposed to be in good condition and was far from it. This dealership had a 72 hour turn-a-around if for any reason you did not want the car and you would be able to return the car back and choose another. As soon as I got the car off the lot it began giving me problems it had this horrible noise coming from underneath the car when you were backing up and driving forward. I informed the dearlership of this as soon as I got home and told them I would be bringing it back the next day. When I arrived the sales person I dealt with told me not to worry about it they would fix whatever was wrong. I kept asking to be put in another car reminding them of their 72hr return advertisement. They just kept on insisting they would fix whatever was wrong. Till this day 6/30/2014 the problem has not been fixed. Their service people are very friendly, but even they admitted they did not know a lot about Mazda's. I then asked their Manager Shabazz to let a Mazda dealer look at it and fix the problems to no avail. I kept reminding them of their 72hr policy which continued to fall on DEATH EARS!!! I also informed them that the vehicle had structured damage as well, ESPECIALLY the front bumper that pops out and you have to continue pushing it back in as well as other structured damage on the car that affect the use of the car. Even then they kept trying to explain to me how they were going to fix the problems which they never did. Finally the Manager Shabazz who is a Horrible Liar!! - Instead of trading me out of the car because it was in such bad shape and even after I told him I was afraid to continue driving the car because it had so many issues and reacted badly in the bad weather WHERE A POLICE OFFICE HAD ME GET OUT OF THE CAR SO HE COULD PULL IT TO THE SAID HIS REACTION JUST DRIVING IT A FEW FEET WAS TO TAKE IT BACK WERE i GOT IT FROM IT WAS A DANGEROUS CAR TO DRIVE IN THIS KIND OF WEATHER (SNOW AND ICE), SHABAZZ response was AFTER HE GRINNED AND SNICKERED "HE KNOWS THE CAR WAS DANGEROUS TO DRIVE, AND THAT WINTER WOULD BE OVER SOON, TO JUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH SERVICE!!! I reminded him that it had only been 48hrs and they could still trade me out of the car. And once again he had an appointment made with service to look at the car again and the problem still went on with the car. Then Shabazz the manager of the dealership, said he had some news that would make me happy HE WOULD FLATLINE THIS DEAL TO GET ME OUT OF THIS CAR AND THAT HE HAD OVER 300 USED CARS AND HE COULD EASILY FIND ME ANOTHER ONE, HE EVEN HAD ME COME IN THAT MONDAY TO DO THE PAPERWORK.WHEN i GOT THERE HE HAD ME WAIT FOR 2 1/5 HOURS KNOWING HOW MUCH PAIN I WAS IN AND THEN CAME OUT TO TELL ME HE WAS STILL WAITING ON A DECISION FROM THE FINANCE COMPANY. WHAT A HUGE LIE BETWEEN SHABAZZ AND ALEX THE GENERAL MANAGE THEY CONTINUED TO LIE TO ME UNTL THEY RECEIVED THE CHECK FROM THE FINANCE COMPANY AND THEN CONTINUED TO KEEP LYING TO ME WELL AFTER THAT.

MY KIA OPTIMA

by from NORTH BERGEN, NJ |

I BOUGHT MY KIA OPTIMA EX W/ PREMIUM AND MY SALESMAN WAS KEVIN. FROM START TO FINISH I WAS HAPPY. THE FINANCE GUY GUS WALKED ME THRU EVERYTHING ASWELL VERY PATIENT WITH ME. GOT A GREAT PAYMENT AND THE ONE PRICE WAS EXTREMELY FAIR!!! THANK YOU RT 22 KIA

Route 22 KIA responded to this review

July 14, 2014

Gia, thank you for taking a moment to give us your feedback. We are happy to hear that you got just what you were looking for and had a great experience at our dealership. Gus and Kevin will greatly appreciate your positive feedback. Enjoy your new Optima! Please give me a call at 973-923-4100 if you would like to discuss your time at our dealership in greater detail. Thanks, Alex Cancela, General Manager.

Wonderful experience at KIA

by from Elizabeth, NJ |

I had a very good experience with my sales man Clay. He was very friendly and helpful. I am very satisfied with my purchase and thankful that I got such a great seller to take care of me.

Rt 22 Kia service

by from Hillside nj |

I had a great experience today in fact I was the guy who had written the the last review I have to say they got a nice women at the counter she was excellent Glad I gave them a second chance Thank you route 22

dont walk,run away

by from from ridgewood ny |

purchased a base kia soul. I was told several things came with the car when I received it I asked where they were and was told then they didn't come with the base model but I can purchase them at an additional fee from their parts center. I live in nyc and had to get temporary nj plates that expired in 20 days while the dealership registered my car in nyc. the 20 days came and went with no registration mailed to me. I called the dealership and was given the run around and was told it was in the mail. I called the ny dmv and was told that no paperwork was even filed for this car and someone was lying to me. I called the dealer back and was placed on hold and finally was told the truth and that the person on their end did not do their job and is no longer there. the manager assured me that the paperwork will be expedited but we shall see. my car is unregistered and on the street subject to tickets

Couldn't be more happier with the service received

by from Springfield NJ |

After having a bad experience at my selling dealer, I decided to try another one, So the next closest one to me was route 22 Kia. I have never had such a pleasant experience, Everyone was so pleasant & helpful from the young lady at the desk that handled my paperwork to the service manager and the young gentleman that worked on my car that I met when he pulled my car out after the repair, They were all very professional, I will be doing all my future servicing here.

Route 22 Kia

by from Hillsidenj |

I went for my second oil change the first time I found the guy @ the service counter very rude my buying experience was terrific then today while getting oil change a extremely loud bang came from garage I seen all personel run to my Kia then they they told me it wasn't my car after I saw the entire ordeal I will never be back if it were my company I would fire the service manager and assistant manager .Then I would hire qualified people two other customers were very unhappy and are never going back because they seen the inncodent as well .If you plan to continue the bad service dept you will be out a lot of customers my next car will be american o yeah I paid I bought my car no loan Thank you for giving me the opportunity to let you kno thank you

Avoid this dealer.

by from Hillside, nj |

These people only want your money. They will overcharge you and trick you.

Terrible Salesforce/Bad Dealer

by from New York, NY |

I would avoid them. They seem to engage in bait and switch. I emailed 3 times to get a cash price w/taxes titles and fees on an advertised vehicle. No response. A few weeks later I tried again...one week no response. Then on a Saturday two different sales people call me and tell me I have an appointment for a test drive that afternoon. How about just answering my question? I will NEVER EVER buy a car from them. Ever.

Route 22 KIA responded to this review

June 12, 2013

Several emails were sent to this customer with complete itemization of price, taxes and DMV fees. A voice mail message was left answering customer's questions... Customer was contacted under the assumption that he would want to come in for a test drive. As always, Route 22 Kia has provided excellent customers and superior shopping experience. Thank you.