Neal Motors

Neal Motors

2200 7th Ave, Marion, IA 52302

Used 888-307-8381

Why Pay More? Get a NEAL DEAL!

Disapointed

by from Chicago, IL |

Overall, extremely disappointed with my experience with Neal Motors willingness to work with me on a test drive of one of their vehicles. I stopped in on a Monday evening around 5:40 pm to test drive a vehicle. The sales rep stated they closed at 6 pm and there wasn't time to take the vehicle for a test drive before they closed. I explained I'm from out of town and wouldn't be back until Friday, so I asked if it would be possible for him to stay after 6 pm, so I could test drive the vehicle. He stated, no, but had the audacity to ask me what I would give him for the vehicle with out the test drive. He stated people come in all the time and buy vehicles from them with out test driving them first. "What?". Keep in-mind, at this point in the conversation, I haven't even sat in the vehicle. He eventually gave me the keys, which gave me about 10 min to look over the vehicle before they closed. Again, the sales rep asked me to shoot him a number o the vehicle, with out a test drive. Long story short, I did go back on the following Friday and was able to test drive the vehicle, along with get the vehicle inspected. The inspection was not good, as the vehicle had a blown head gasket, which meant $1,700 in repairs. The rep was only willing, to come down $200 on the asking price, so I didn't purchase the vehicle This is a definitely"Buyer Beware" dealership, as their sales staff is in experienced and they have no history on the vehicles they're selling. If you're buying a vehicle here, make sure you get it checked out.....it'll be the best $120 you've ever spent.

Neal Motors responded to this review

July 17, 2014

Hi I am the head salesmanager and I was on vacation when this issue occured and I apoligize if the customer had a bad experience. I encorage you if you find a car on my lot to stop in so I can meet you. I will say my staff told me about the car and I had it checked out by a certified tech and the car did not have a blown headgasket and I just sold to a very nice couple who had it checked out also and were fairly pleased by the inspection car was due for a timming belt. We sat down negotiated a price and they were pleased with everything and bought the car. Again I apoligize unfortunatly I wasnt here to help you. Thank You

don't go here

by from cedar rapids |

If I could give this place no stars I would! We arranged for a test drive and got an email stating if we wanted to test drive, we needed to show up early because he wanted to go home. Then we went to the dealership and no one spoke to us at all. Someone was washing the cars and didnt a knowledge us and just went back inside. Dirty place, creepy employees...never again!

Neal Motors responded to this review

July 17, 2014

Sorry for your bad experience I am the head salesmanager and dont operate like that so i am not shure who you talked to. But I appoligize.

Disappointed Customer

by from Marion, Iowa |

We purchased a car Dec. 2013. Within the first 20 miles of driving it the power steering went out. We soon found out it needed a new rack and pinion, ignition coils and spark plugs. Soon after it began to burn oil/5 quarts of oil in 585 miles. Toyota Dealership checked it and said the engine had sludge; recommend a new engine. The AC doesn't work, it needs new brakes and rotors, the driver side window quit functioning. Purchase price $6200.00...repair costs to date...$4836.42 (and the engine has not been replaced yet). Frustrated and extremely disappointed buyer.

internet shopping

by from Blue Earth, Mn |

i found this car on the internet and it had good photos and a good description. it was the car i was looking for, the price was right and i purchased it within two days. good communication and helpful people. i would buy from them again.

Honesty!! A nice change.

by from Monona, IA |

We live over 100 miles from this dealership and made a phone call to several dealerships in Cedar Rapids and Marion before travelling down there. This was the only dealership that was completely honest about the quality of their cars. If there was a little rust or door ding, anything, the salesman told us about it before we traveled down. I will be looking there first, before anywhere else in the future. Honesty is their policy.

my first car!!

by from cedar rapids iowa |

I went into neal motors to buy my first car and luke the salesmen was very friendly and helpful, he answered all my quetions and I love my car! I think what makes this place great is the salesmen wasnt just trying to put me in any car, I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a car!!

Love my car!!

by from cedar rapids, iowa |

I went into neal motors last week and luke the salesmen was very friendly and helpful,I recommed this dealership to anyone who is looking for a great car!! I love my car!! I think what makes this place so great is the salemen wasnt just trying to get me into any car he was very patient and answered all my guestions.