Casey VW Subaru

(2.0) 8 Reviews

777 J Clyde Morris Blvd, Newport News, VA 23601

Great Experience

by from Hartfield, VA |

From the beginning of the sales process to the end, we had a very positive experience with the entire sales staff. Our sales person, David Ratcliff, was a professional at all times and extremely helpful. He knew about the cars, and shared the information with my wife and me in a way that allowed us to make the best decision for us. We felt we got an extremely fair deal on the car, and although we had to wait for the vehicle, we were told that up front. We also liked the fact that we were not pressured into a sale. We actually researched the vehicle ourselves after our initial contact with Casey Subaru, and did not feel badgered by over zealous sales people. We're extremely happy with the entire process.

Great service

by from Newport News va |

Bryan was great at getting me the car I wanted. Happy that I came here.

Horrible Service

by from Williamsburg, VA |

I was looking to trade a Volkswagen that I had purchased last year that simply didn't meet my needs for a Subaru. I went in on a Thursday and worked with Dwight Anderson, who was very helpful and patient, to get the process started. They did an appraisal on my 2013 Jetta SE and gave me the trade in offer. We roughly talked prices on the new Subaru that I wanted to purchase. I thanked him but told him that my fiance needed to see the new car before we bought it. We went back on Sunday for him to test drive it, unfortunately Dwight was not available, but Jeff stepped in and was just as helpful. My fiance didn't like the original Subaru CrossTrek that I had picked, but liked the outback. When we went to go "talk numbers" and potentially make an offer, a guy who worked in finance (Shawn) asked me for the keys to my car and told me that he understood the car had been appraised on thursday but he wanted to walk around it again. He came back in and gave his salesman, Jeff, his initial offer, in which he asked sticker price for the Subaru and offered 5k less for a Jetta then had been offered on Thursday. I of course counter offered, because really, no one pays sticker price for a car anymore and I told him there is no way my car's value had depreciated 5k in two days. He came down a little on the asking price for the subaru but refused to honor the appraisal that they had given the car only days earlier. Finally he came out from his super secret hiding place to "negotiate" with me himself. Only he didn't negotiate, he talked to me like I was an idiot, who was purple, had three heads and was sitting at the other side of the desk eating a container of paste. He told me that since I clearly did not understand the process of buying a car he would show me something that would make it a little easier for me to understand. Shawn came back with two pieces of paper one valuing my trade significantly lower than what they offered days before with the price of the subaru at the slightly reduced asking price he had counter offered, and the other valuing my car at the price they offered two days before but had the subaru at the original full asking price. Once he was done trying to confuse me with his "fancy numbers," he tried to convince me that he was doing me a favor by not honoring the original appraisal. He didn't think I would catch that he when had given me the value from the original appraisal he raised the price on the subaru as well to offset the difference for him. He then tried to tell me that the car I was trying to buy was in such high demand he couldn't negotiate a fair price. Let me also include that the car I was trying to purchase was a 2014 model with two identical outbacks right next to it, that had been sitting on the lot so long the battery had died and the car wouldn't start when I tried to start it. Jeff had to get out the jumper cables. But what is most important here is that he would not honor the appraisal that Casey had made on the car only days before. He was rude and nasty and finished his whole lousy customer service experience with "Well I guess I learned something new today, that even though I've been in this business for 20 years, I know nothing." Then he told me he was part of the Casey family, very disappointing. Clearly, they are not interested in selling cars, providing the customer service that they claim comes first, or in having repeat customers. They lost as customer, as I will never buy another car from casey, or even get my jetta serviced there again. They will not get another dime of my money.

Huge Disappointment

by from Norfolk, VA |

I recently purchased a used 2003 VW Passat from this dealership on December 31, 2013. Overall, I am 100% UNSATISFIED with my experience and will NEVER recommend this dealership to anyone!! I was jerked around with the price of the vehicle, lied to about the status of the car, shuffled from employee to employee, and today was the ultimate topping to this disaster. I bought the car on December 31, 2013 and the state inspection sticker was good. The sticker was dated 10/2014. The check engine light was on and I demanded the light be explained and accounted for before purchasing the car. I was told it was an intermittent misfire and I have not had any problems since with that issue. I then decided to purchase the vehicle and finalized the process. I went back today, 1/24/14 to pick up my permanent plates and also inquire about having a state inspection done as my parents and I thought that there was a law that ALL dealerships in Virginia must inspect the car before/when selling it. However, I did find out, it must only be a current sticker. Please correct me if I am wrong in that aspect. Travis Wynn said it was no problem, since they do lifetime state inspections, that he would give me a free inspection today and to go ahead to the service center. I took my car to the service center and waited for at least 1 hour and 30 minutes. Once Trish or Tish, from the service center came back after the inspection she said, "You're gonna need new tires or it's gonna get rejected and your brakes are at 20% and will need to be replaced within the next month to month and a half." Honestly, I was blown away as my inspection sticker was done in October 2013. So I told Trish or Tish that I needed to go speak with someone upfront. I told them my concern and that my tires still have tread and when sticking a penny in the tread, the head on the penny is covered. Travis Wynn then said, "Have a seat and I'll check on this issue for you." After waiting another 10-15 minutes, Travis came back up front and said, "You understand that this vehicle was sold as-is, correct?", I agreed. He continued, "So, it looks like your brakes will pass but because you have put 700 miles on the car since you bought it, you are gonna need new tires. We can go half on the tires for you." This really lit me up at this point. At this time it was 11:00am and we had been there for almost 2 hours. I told Travis I did not have the money right now, half priced or full price and told him I was going to look at my car. This is when I tried putting the penny in the tread and again was baffled at the fact they said my tires would not pass. Also, I have the inspection certification from the state inspection done at Casey BMW on 10/11/2013 by Kevin M. Agee. The Odometer reading was 127063. The right front and right rear tires were inspected during this inspection and reported as O.K. Between the car being driven in test drives and the 700 miles I put on the vehicle, there is no way the tires could not pass this inspection, only a few months later and less than 1,000 miles later. I am also very upset with the fact that I was lied to and told that the brakes would not not pass and then 10 minutes later told they would. The lying and dishonesty at this dealership is ridiculous. Throughout this whole process, I never believed a word any employee said to me. Daniel Gardner was very helpful and was truthful with me through the whole process. James Burley was not helpful at all and just wanted to "wrap it up" as he said, not even checking to see if I had test driven the car as I had not. I only worked with Travis today and Steve Jernigan was very helpful with the paperwork and finalizing the purchase as well as giving me ALL the appropriate forms and copies I needed and answering any questions I had. Also, one of your service mechanics at Casey VW, Reyes, was very helpful and honest. I am very unhappy with the way I was treated throughout this whole process. I am a 20 year old female and I feel

MR. W . STALLARD

by from NEWPORT NEWS,VA. |

VERY VERY ANGRY AND DISSAPOINTED.. THEY WILL NOT STAND BEHIND THERE WARRANTY ON USED VEHICLES, BOUGHT A VEHICLE,NOTIFIED THE FIRST WEEK I HAD THAT EVERYTIME IT RAINED THE ROOF LEAKED AND THE INSIDE GETS SOAK AND WET,THEY TRIED TO COST EFFECTIVE FIX THIS WILL NO SUCCES AND WHEN THEY FOUND OUT IT WAS GOINGTO COST A LIL BIT TO FIX,THEY GAVE ME A BUNCH OF BOLONGA AND BULL.NEVER AGAIN WILLI EVER DEAL WITH THIS PLACEAFTER BUYINGNOT ONE BUT 2 VEHICLES WITH PROBLEMS WITH BOTH OF THEM..IF I BUY A VEHICLE FOR 15THOUSAND PLUS EVENTHOUGH IT IS USED I SHOULD NOT GET SOAKED EVERYTIME IT RAINS,CONTACTED GENERALMANAGER AND HE BASICALLY SAID IM OUT OF LUCK NOT HIS PROBLEM..WASFIXED BEFOREIT WAS SOLD. BUT I REPORTEDTHIS RIGHT AWAY AND BEEN 5 MONTHS AND STILL NOT FIXED..I WILL AVERT ALL MEANS TO HAVE THIS PLACE THOROUGHLY INVESTIGATED THIS CAME WITH A ONE YEAR WARRANTY!!! YEAH RIGHT SOME WARRANTY.........THE BBC NEEDS TO SHUT THIS DOWN ANDMANAGEMENT REPLACED, I WISH AND HOPE THE OWNER CONTACTS ME. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!!! WITH NO HELP THERE FROM MANAGEMENT.....DONT CARE WHAT IT TAKES TO FIX A WARRANTY IS A WARRANTY,THIS IS FRAUD!!!!!!

October 3, 2013

Mr. Stallard, we are sorry to hear about your recent experience with Casey Volkswagen. We apologize for the confusion that occurred when it came to what should have been covered under the one year warranty on your vehicle. At Casey Volkswagen customer service is our number one goal and we never want someone to have a negative experience. We will forward you comments onto our upper management team and they will be in contact with you to discuss this experience is more detail and attempt to improve this situation. If you have any questions in the mean time feel free to contact, Travis Wynn, General Sales Manager at Casey Volkswagen & Subaru, at (757) 988-1200 and he would be more than happy to assist you. Again, we apologize for your recent experience and we hope you will give us the chance to win back your business in the future.

Disappointing

by from Williamsburg |

There is little to recommend this place, even if you have a VW. The dealership, I guess, can't do anything about the fact that most of these cars are Mexican and nothing, repeat, nothing like the cars in Germany, but they could make the customer service experience a lot more pleasant. For example, they could be polite. While I can't judge whether the car even needed the repair that was done (an $800 repair on a car we have had 3 months), this second trip to the service department will be the last one. My wife was accused of having returned the loaner car with too little gas - basically calling her a liar for a gallon or two of gas. We don't put up with offensive behavior like that. Next time I see Mr. Casey at our local Starbucks I will tell him in person about this visit and this employee. We will use local garages (the technology under the hood is ancient, anyone should be able to work on it) or if we need VW, go to Richmond.

Just awful

by from Suffolk,VA |

The embodiment of dishonest and seedy sales operations. Avoid this dealership.

December 26, 2012

Mr. Garett, Also sir we cannot find you in our customer database, please help us correct this for you sir. TRAVIS WYNN GENERAL SALES MANGER.

Casey VW Service is awful

by from Williamsburg, VA |

While sales effort is eager, the service after the sale is dismal. I've never run into a bunch of people who were less happy in their jobs. The service department seems to be constantly stressed and exasperated--and that's before you even get in the queue. I've waited months--literally, months--to get a call back on a part under warranty, and that's with my calling back as a reminder several times. I have had five different VWs serviced there, and my experience has led me to the painful decision to cease being a VW owner entirely.

July 31, 2012

We at Casey VW Subaru apologize that you had this experience. What you describe is certainly not our normal process. It is our mission to exceed all customers? expectation in every way. I would love the opportunity to make this right. I am sure if you give us the opportunity to fix this we will wow you. Please call Ed Colton, Service Manager @ 988-1229.