Cloninger Ford of Hickory

Service 866-669-6008

Real People, Real Prices, Real Easy

Great customer service!

by from Hamptonville, NC |

I was looking for a used Toyota Tundra and found it at a Ford Dealership! Dave Smith was extremely personal and straightforward. He went out of his way to make sure I was satisfied with the vehicle. Great buying service.

Over the Top

by from Hickory, NC |

From start to finish it was a professional, friendly experience. Everyone was helpful especially my salesperson John Deal. Bought the car I wanted at the price I wanted.

Great dealership and salesperson

by from Taylorsville,NC |

I had a very enjoyable buying experience. I have been reluctant to purchase a vehicle due to presure from salespeople but, David O'Renick made me feel comfortable by providing me the information I requested and by not being pushy. I felt like everyone in the dealership taylored the buying process to fit my needs. I highly recomend David and look forward to refering my friends and family to him also I look forward to my next purchase.

Great service and selection

by from Morganton, NC |

My husband and I recently purchased a certified pre-owned Escape at Cloninger Ford Hickory. It was a very pleasant experience. David O' Renick was our salesperson. He was very knowledgeable and friendly. He even showed us some things we didn't know about a Fusion that we had purchased from another dealer. A+ service!

Price swap-bring any offered price or it'll change

by from Asheville, NC |

Advertised the lowest price on Cars.com for the vehicle that I wanted. The online request brought an offer to sell at that price. When we arrived and started talking price of the vehicle they stated that our 100+ mile drive would result in our not getting the rebates that they stipulated due to the Zip Code, which they had when the price was sent. We got them to agree to the price after 1/2 hour and then they told us that the rebate for financing through Ford Motor Credit was not available. It took an hour from the price agreement to get us into the finance office for the hard sell of additional insurance and finding the price without the additional insurance was a single line at the top with no care given to disclose by the office guy. Top that off with the fact that they don't offer any complimentary beverage and snack and you have a dealer experience from 20+ years ago. Granted they were friendly to your face, but heck they are getting ready to pull any cash they can out of your pocket and I would at least enjoy something for the ride they are going to give you in the F&I office. They really need to catch up with the purchase experience and at least offer cold bottled water or something as I have had cold drinks offered at the dealers as long as 10 years ago with new car purchases. I would say that they may give you the best price and you too may buy a vehicle but don't expect any thrills with the experience and look at the financing price carefully. Kudos to them for getting the Sales Manager to agreeing to the price that they originally offered.

Pleasant buying experience

by from Hickory, NC |

Dave Smith was a great salesman, very professional and courteous. Took plenty of time with me and never tried to rush me. He went over and above to make sure I got the car I wanted. I bought a 2013 Fusion and I couldn't be happier with the vehicle. Thanks, Cloninger Ford and Dave Smith for a pleasant car buying experience!

Cloninger Ford of Hickory responded to this review

August 7, 2013

Thank you Stephanie for the kind remarks. I enjoyed working with you and I am glad that you are enjoying your new Fusion. If we can do anything for you in the future please give me a call. Thanks again, Dave Smith

nice people, didn't have what I wanted.

by from Monroe NC |

nice people long drive from Monroe but I would do it again in the future.

Great Buying Experience

by from Iron Station |

The whole car buying experience was great. We first came in on a Saturday right when they were closing just to look and one of the salesmen let us test drive a car. We came back that Tuesday and purchased the vehicle. The salesmen were very professional and didn't over promise. We were able to negotiate a deal that met our needs.

Loyalty Land Corporation CFO

by from Hickory, N.C. |

Excellent salesman in Dean Hester--low key and straightforward

Excellent Service

by from Mt. Holly, NC |

Great people!!! They listen to you and help you find the best car or truck for your needs. They have no problem letting you test drive 4 or 5 cars or trucks to find that right one. All smiles about my new truck, Thanks Tim and staff.... :)