Gurnee Auto

Gurnee Auto

1081 N Us Highway 41, Gurnee, IL 60031

Used 866-686-7157

Very satisfied with my purchasing expirience!

by from Round Lake |

This is the second car that we have purchased from Gurnee Auto dealership. We have been very pleased with the friendliness and service. Went to dealership looking for car for our daughter, found one. We also thought about trading our car for larger SUV, for driving trips. Found just what we were looking for, great deal, no hard sales pitch.

Gurnee Auto responded to this review

October 31, 2013

Thank you for your business and kind words.

Do not buy here!!!!

by from Milwaukee, WI |

READ THIS!!! Was looking into buying a 2002 Subaru Impreza Wrx from here. These cars get bought fast when they go up for sale. I saw they had put up a listing on Autotrader on Friday, so I made sure I gave them a call right away. They didn't have any pictures up on the internet, but I figured they just didn't have enough time to do so right away. There was good reason they didn't put up any pictures. So I called them Friday and asked a lot of basic questions about the car. I wanted to make sure everything was up to my standards before I drove an hour and a half to look at the car. I also made sure I told them that I lived far away so they would tell me everything I should know, just so there wasn't any surprises when I showed up. They described this car as "very clean" and "clean carfax, no accidents." So I told them I would be there in the morning on Saturday. I called Saturday and they told me to wait until noon so they could finish detailing and reconditioning the car. Didn't seem too out of the ordinary, as it was a new arrival. I called back at noon, they said it would be done at 4 pm. Called back once again and told me to come in at noon on Monday because they were a little behind. Called Monday and they told me to wait until 3 pm. Called before I left and they told me it was finally ready so I left. So I got there Monday around 3 pm and they told me to wait until they could move some cars to get it out of the shop garage. One hour later they finally pull it around to the front of the building. Literally, a whole hour. At this point I was already feeling bad about this whole experience, especially when I saw their showroom cars that had flat tires, etc... So I go outside and instantly smell paint. One of the doors was painted and dented. The rear quarter panel, and rear bumper were also painted. Obviously this car was in some kind of accident. They didn't even worry about getting excess paint on the tires and other trim of the car. I touched the paint and it was still wet. My god. I could have done a better paint job with spray paint. So I walk inside and the owner says "So what do you think?" with a smile on his face. I asked him why he wasted my time like this and gave him a piece of my mind. Bottom line- do not buy here. This was the worst dealer experience I have ever had. Do not take the risk of buying from this place, and don't waste your time even looking at a car.

No response redeived

by from Chicago, Ca |

Requested a Carfax & was rcvd immediately. Submitted an offer for 88% of asking price & never heard back. Wrote again a week later, & still never heard back.

Bought a 2001 Volvo Cross Country

by from Lake Villa, IL |

Was looking for used station wagon and I found 2001 Volvo with 112K at Gurnee Auto. I realize any used car is going to have possible issue's so I went there with an open mind. I explained to the agent what I was looking for and he point me to the correct vechicle. I took the car to my mechanic for a review found some possible issue. I went back to the dealership with this information started to discuss pricing with him, he was open to the idea. After some discussion we made deal and I drove off that same day. This dealership/agent was real and understood how run a business and not screw the customer. If I need a another car, this is one dealership I would put on my list for a return visit.

CLEAN CAR, GREAT DEAL.

by from Chicago |

Bought BMW 325. Very happy with purchase. Offered a good deal. Great guys.

One satisfied customer!

by from Chicago |

My husband and I came out to Gurnee Auto to look at a few BMW's that they had online. Once we got there it just felt right. Very friendly dealership that took the time to show us 4 cars. The buying process was smooth, and finance was nice and quick. Thanks for all the help.

Good deal, great people

by from Chicago |

Bought BMW 325. Very happy with purchase. Offered a good deal. Great guys.

GREAT SERVICE, GREAT CAR, VERY PLEASED

by from Buffalo Grove |

Got a good deal on Volvo S80. Very clean. Car was exactly as advertised. Very friendly staff, easy transaction.

Satisfied Customer

by from Topeka KS |

I purchased a 2001 BMW 740i from Gurnee Auto in February 2014. I had been looking for one of these cars for a while, and they had almost exactly the color/equipment combination I was looking for. Plus, their price was very competitive. In fact, their price was good enough for me to fly up from Topeka KS to O'Hare airport and have a car service drive me up to Gurnee to make the purchase. I spoke with Arnold several times on the phone before making the decision to purchase the car, and each time he was very helpful. He even helped to arrange for my ride from the airport to the dealership. The pictures he had posted of the car were clear, and there were plenty of them, showing all parts of the car, and not trying to hide any blemishes. That helped me make the decision to buy there, because I felt I knew exactly what I was getting before I even saw the car in person. When I arrived, Arnold had the car freshly detailed and waiting by the front door; the car was exactly as it had been represented. The transaction was quick and painless, and I was on the road back home within a half hour. I am going to keep the "Gurnee Auto" website in my "favorites"; I have a big family, and I won't hesitate to call Arnold the next time we're looking for a new car.

Bad dealer

by from Chicago, il |

Bought a bmw from them and it turned out to be a lemon! They sold me the car with a broken fan blade and within a week another blade broke hitting everything in the engine, cutting two radiator hoses and as well as the radiator. The oxygen sensor was cut and someone taped them together. Only one speaker from the radio works. I have replaced these parts myself because reading from these reviews they do not fix anything and I am mechanically inclined so I can do the repairs myself. This car also leaks a lot of oil I was able to see this when I put it on a lift and raise it, the steering rack is starting to go bad because it makes noises when turning the wheel. Also when the car starts up a big blue smoke cloud comes out which means oil is being burned in the engine, this could be that the oil rings need to be replaced which means rebuilding the engine. I do not recommend this dealer, reading from other reviews all they sell are lemons and do not fix them.

unstatisfied

by from gurnee IL |

This dealership,says what ever they have to to get you there. I went online and seen a car that I wanted. And when I made it there with my trade in and I ask to see the car that was online, it turned out to be a totally different car. They did not have the one they posted online.