Teddy Volkswagen

Service 877-245-6180

The Huggable Dealer

Great Customer Service & Price

by from Kew Garden Hills, NY |

I was driving buy 2 weeks ago and me and my wife stopped in to check out the deals on VW. We were greeted by Bryan K and Lucky. They were a great help. I explained to them that I was looking for an affordable car with great gas mileage because I drive 20K miles per year. They showed me a Used Jetta TDI they had on the lot which I thought was great that they didn't try to pressure me into a new car. But none the less I walked away rather then impulse buy and took there card and left. I did my research and figured out that the Passat TDI was my best buy to suit my needs space and mileage. So I called the dealer at noon and they remembered me and quoted me over the phone a price for a new 2013 Passat TDI with NAV and Sunroof with an amazing price and monthly payment. They gave me a discount on the 7year 100K warranty and I left there feeling great. I bought the car 10 hours later. I have to say the place was clean, everyone was dressed to impress, very courteous, accommodating and I called a million times and no one seemed to mind. I would recommend this place to anyone. Last but not least they even let me bring my dog and we hung out with all the staff for about 3 hours filling out paperwork and getting everything finalized.

Teddy VW misleading advertisement

by from Albany NY |

I found a car online and worked out a deal verbally as I am 2+ hour drive from the dealer. When I asked for an email confirming what was agreed to verbally and what was posted online, the salesman and sales manager informed me that they could not honor the 2/24 warranty that was listed. They stated they could not certify the vehicle. They would not include a extended warranty either for the price we agreed to. I was told by the sales manager that he felt there was no need to go out of his way for me as I would not be a retuning customer or bring the car in for service as I was a far distance. I feel this is a bad business practice.

Teddy VW misleading advertisement

by from Albany NY |

Poor Customer Service, Unprofessional Conduct

by from Westchester, NY |

I viewed a used 2006 VW Passat online from this dealership and made enquiries with regard to the dealership warranties and price. Stephanie from Teddy VW confirmed that the vehicle would be under warranty and that I should test drive the car before negotiating a price with the designated saleperson, Anthony. Stephanie was insistant that I view the car on the same day and booked an appointment. My wife and I arrived at the dealership to be told that Anthony was not available but instead we could deal with a different salesperson. The dealership management sat nearby as the salesperson reviewed the vehicle specifications and confirmed that the car had no warranty. When asked if we could see the vehicle, the saleperson asked around the office for details of the vehicle's whereabouts before making a thorough search for the vehicle's keys, all whilst management were sitting around - we were the only customers in the showroom as this time. When relaizing the location of the vehicle we stepped out with the salesperson across the road to a garage where the vehicle was kept. The vehicle was surrounded by parked cars and we were told that there would be no way we could test drive the vehicle, since it was late and the road conditions were icey (I explained that this vehicle was an AWD and the conditions were the best in terms of evaluating the vehicles drivetrain). When asking about the price, this salesperson consulted her management, there was no negotiation or movement in price, the car could not be sold below the advertised price. We were offered to arrange another date for test driving the vehicle to which we declined and walked out. Overall, we were dissapointed by the experience, we visited the dealership intending to purchase the vehicle, this was such a waste of our time. If this is the way sales are conducted, please stay away from this dealership.

Teddy Volkswagen responded to this review

January 24, 2014

This is Jen Almodovar Director of Teddy Volkswagen. I am reaching out to you because of the bad experience you had when coming into our dealership. Teddy Volkswagen is committed in providing high quality customer service, but based on this cars.com review, you did not share this experience. That is very disappointing to us I want to let you know that we value each customer that walks through our doors. We appreciate feedback and the opportunity to resolve any concerns and grow in our practices. Please contact me at 718-696-6180 or email me at jalmodovar@teddynissan.com I want to know what can I do to earn your business. Jen Almodovar Best Regards Teddy Volkwagen If you cannot reach me for any reason, please please call Stella Verawho is the Owner Loyalty Manager at 718-696-6129 or email her at svera@teddyvw.com.

Disappointed Sales Manager is gone

by from Astoria, New York |

I recently leased a 2013 Passat several months ago. I am a loyal Honda fan and when I decided to look at other vehicles I went to over 5 major dealerships and know one wanted to give me the best deal. Everyone was slamming me into something that I was not happy with along with the payments. The only reason I purchased from Teddy was due to an individual that I had done business with in the past: Ron Fredericks. I had moved back to the NYC area and had looked him up. I had purchased 2 vehicles in the past from him including my trade in: Honda Accord EX-L. Ron came thru for me when everyone else didn't want to help. Ron introduced me to Lucky, great salesperson. (I would buy another vehicle from him but not while he is at Teddy). When it came to finally signing the agreement the Finance Manager tried to slam me into a higher payment then was agreed. I was about to walk away when Ron and Lucky stepped in and helped out. I am sorry to hear he is gone and will always give him my loyalty. I was about to bring in my sister to purchase a car but decided never to go back to this dealership since the one individual who took great care of the customers is gone. If I need service I will go to another VW dealerer closer to home. Sorry Teddy VW, you lost a great Sales Manager along with my business and any recomendations.

Best Dealership!!

by from Bronx, NY |

Great dealership. I went in to purchase a 2013 Volkswagen and I walked out with the perfect vehicle. The staff was great and very polite, they answered all my questions and helped me get a great deal. I will certainly be recommending this dealership and I will be coming back to purchase another vehicle in a few months for my son. I suggest everyone visit Ms.Desiree Greer she is awesome!

GREAT SERVICE

by from BRONX NY |

MS TASHEKA WAS GREAT SALES PERSON. SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT. PROCESS WENT SMOOTHLY. VEHCILE CAME IN CLEAN AND ON TIME. GREAT DEALER SHIP . HIGHLY RECOMMENED.

Do not by a car at Teddy VW

by from New York |

I bought a CERTIFIED 2010 VW EOS a few months back, found myself with a flat tire on the side of Interstate 684 2 weeks ago, no big deal I thought, went to the trunk to get the tools to change the spare tire and to my surprise, NOTHING there to change the spare tire. When the emergency vehicle came to help, they couldn't, VW comes with a unique lock on the tires and the KEY to unlock was nowhere to be found, so I had to tow the car. I called the dealer to complain and ask for the tires lock key and the tools to change the spare tire that should come standard with every vehicle, they said, "Too bad, you bought this car a few months ago and we don't have to do anything about it". I was not asking for them to reimburse the $250.00 towing charge I had to pay, I was simply asking for the tools and lock key it should have been in the car. They wanted to charge me to remove the locks from the wheels and for the tools. I had to bring my car to another dealer to remove the locks and pay for it. Managers Anthony and Brian are the worse businessman I have ever seen, it would have cost them next to nothing to remove these locks and about $30.00 for the jack/tool. I have put several complaints with VW, when a dealer sells you a CERTIFIED vehicle, it is expected that standard tools like a jack and the lock key to remove the tires to be in the vehicle. STAY AWAY! ah, and I almost forgot, when I picked up the vehicle, I noticed there was no owner's manual, I told the salesman before I drove off the property and he said, we will send you one....I am still waiting.

Teddy Volkswagen responded to this review

October 11, 2013

My name is Jen Almodovar, I am the director of Teddy Volkswagen, and I'm contacting you on behalf of the owner. I am sorry to hear about your negative experience here and would like the opportunity to rectify this. Teddy Volkswagen is committed to providing high quality customer service, but based on this cars.com review, you did not share this experienc. That is very disappointing to us! We appreciate feedback and the opportunity to resolve any concerns and grow in our practices. Please contact me at your convenience at 718-696-6180 or email me at jalmodovar@teddynissan.com or call Stella Vera who is the Owner Loyalty Manager at 718-696-6129 and her email is svera@teddyvw.com. Sorry for the inconvinience Best Regards, Jen Almodovar Teddy Volkswagen

I am updating my previous review

by from New York, NY |

I had previously reviewed this dealer because of a bad experience I had. Since I posted the review and complained, they did get me on the phone, address the problem, admit they made a mistake and fixed the issue. I thoroughly appreciate their response and action and I got the money I was owed so I am writing an update as I think it is only fair that since I posted the problem, I should also post that the problem has been addressed and fixed.

DO NOT USE THIS DEALER!!!

by from New York, NY |

Do not use this dealer! They lie through their teeth and swindle you out of money you are owed. I was not smart enough to realize I should have not trusted what they told me and had them put it in writing. Biggest mistake I ever made. They took over a lease of mine from another dealer to get me into one of their cars. Told me they would pay off the lease along with the disposition fee, didn't pay the disposition fee and then came back and denied ever saying they would. Suddenly when this came up their warm and fuzzy side went away. I have had many cars in my life and dealt with many dealer...this one I will never go back to and I suggest you don't either

Stay far far away

by from Bronx ny |

Undisclosed dealer fee's Extra fees for warranty on already certified pre owned cars Waiting close to 1 week for a refund even had to call VW Corp I want to WARN everyone about doing business with these people. Even the GM was unprofessional and inattentive !!!