Mid City Subaru

Service 888-269-3568

Better Buy at Berman's

Recent Vehicle Purchase

by from Lee's Summit, MO. |

I just wanted to let you know how nice of an experience I had when I purchased my car from Mid City Subaru. In this day and age when bad news travels faster than good news, I try to take it upon myself to acknowledge superior customer service. Adam Markiewicz was my sales person. He went above and beyond for me. The day before I purchased the car was the same day I saw the car online. Adam went outside with his personal cell phone and was my eyes and ears as he walked around the car describing to me in detail what he saw. He also started the car to insure me that there were no warning lights on and that it operated normally. I told Adam I wanted the car and he said he would hold it for me until I arrive. He assured me that he would be working when I arrived. I live in Kansas City, so I had to fly into Chicago. Adam advised me on the airport and requested me to contact him, on his personal cell phone, upon arrival. Next, he instructed me on how to get to the subway train, the cost and which station to get off. He then wanted me to contact him once I was off the train and he arrived within a few minutes to pick me up and take me to your dealership. He was so courteous. It was a cold day. He greeted me with a smile. He had the car warm and the passengers heated seat on, very nice! Great first impression! When we arrived at the dealership, I don?t think I ever touched the entrance or exit doors to the dealership as Adam always held the door open for me. When I first saw the car, it was spotless. He had told me the day before that he would have it washed and ready for me. He backed up his words. He then went over the functions of the vehicle and we went for a test drive. I was sold! I am so pleased with the courteous and professional service I received along with Adams honesty, the car was just as Adam described. If the rest of your staff is a courteous, thoughtful and pleasant to deal with as Adam Markiewicz, you are truly blessed. My entire purchase experience was very comfortable. It should be a happy experience when investing in a vehicle. Thank you Adam for making that happen.

GREAT EXPERIENCE KODI IS THE BEST!!

by from Kenosha |

Searched all over the metro Milwaukee area for a Subaru Outback.I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, in a used, low miles Subaru outback. so I decided to search south of the border. After looking at several Subaru dealers, I came across Mid city Subaru. In looking at their inventory ,I found exactly what I was looking for. I called and was given to Kodi, the used car manager. We hit it off immediately. Between Kodi, Brian Ferguson and Rick Tandy, I got a GREAT car at a GREAT price. Thank you to the team!! YOU'RE THE BEST! Best car (Subaru Outback ) that I have ever owned. The ONLY problem that occurred was the dealer policy that I couldn't put it all on a credit card. It still worked out and I am completely satisfied.

Terrible experience

by from Chicago, IL |

This dealership has really taken a turn for the worse! Three years ago, I bought a Subaru Impreza here and had a great experience. I decided to trade in for a new Subaru Outback 2.5 premium about 3 weeks ago. Initial negotiation process went great--I decided on a car but they didn't have it in stock. Both the sales associate (Milton Stewart) and sales manager promised to get it for me "in 3 to 4 days". They asked for a $1000 deposit to get the process going and I agreed. Sales person promised that I'd get a call in no later than 4 days, but over a week goes by without any call from them. I called the dealership about 20 times OVER THE COURSE OF A WEEK trying to find somebody to give me a status update, but I could not get any knowledgeable sales associate on the phone. I then tried calling the general manager (Akira Shibata) and sales manager (Theo Davis) but the calls always went to voice mail. I left messages for both with no call back. We finally reach week # 3, and the sales associate sets up an appointment with me to pick up my car because he said it would arrive on that day. Turns out the car had not arrived and I wasted my time. He then tells me he'd personally drive to get my car from another dealership. Again...he fails to deliver. Throughout all of this, nobody called me to give updates. I finally went to get my deposit refunded yesterday (the only positive part of this is that they agreed to do that). I basically wasted 3 weeks of my time on this dealership. There is a good reason this dealership has a 2.5 star average on YELP. I highly suggest that you visit a dealership with better reviews. Never put any deposit down with this dealership or you might have just bought yourself a ton of grief. I'm never going back to this place again.

Drove an hour to buy a car, only there was no car

by from Riverside, IL |

We received a quote for an internet deal on the Subaru Outback Limited (2015) in the color we wanted. We told the sales person we'd be in at about 7:30/8:00 to test drive it. We were going there to buy the car. Hour drive to Portage Park. We arrive and are told that the car is sold. Then, upset, we spoke to the manager who said that the owner took the car home. We went in to buy a car tonight. Left without one and won't be back. Hope the owner likes the car, he'll have it for longer than he would have had. Thanks for wasting our time. Don't go here for a car unless you like a pointless joy ride to the northwest side.

December 3, 2014

We apologize for this. Communication is key! Please consider us the future.

Less than satisfactory experience.

by from Chicago, IL |

I will not be doing business with this dealership moving forward. My paperwork was filed incorrectly, resulting in multiple trips (4) to the dealership, each time I was assured that the issue would be corrected and I would receive the documents necessary to register my car in the state of Ohio. The issues have taken nearly 2 months to resolve. The general manager, Jordan Tidhar, never returned a single phone call. I did ultimately have a meeting with Jordan, in which he was dismissive, disrespectful and very unprofessional. During our meeting he did not introduce himself, or shake a hand. He never apologized for my inconveniences, in fact he blamed me for the circumstance stating "he cannot be held responsible for the state of Ohio requiring a notarized document". He took no responsibility and offered no apologies. Because of misfiled paperwork and lack of follow up I have now signed a total of 3 leases, each time the amount owed on my part has increased due to their mistakes. Upon reaching a resolution of the issue Jordon slapped a check down on the desk, and stomped away. He is a terrible reflection on Subaru, and I would not recommend using this dealership as long as he is in charge.

December 3, 2014

This issue has been resolved.. We apologize again for the issues with the title. We did not realize at first that it would be so hard to help you with this in your own state.

Theo; Your the Greatest

by from Chicago Illinois |

Was in need of a reliable stylish vehicle so I came to Subaru. Not only did I leave with a great reliable car "Chevy Malibu" with everything I wanted in a car but the sales person was very honest with me and gave me pointers on the next vehicle I would purchase in the near future. That I can appreciate. Theo you are the greatest.

September 6, 2013

Hi Neen, congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the Mid City Subaru family! just so you know we are not only with you during the sales process, but after the sale as well! With that said, please do not hesitate to contact us if you need additional assistance or have any questions.

Jordan Tidhar, is a wonderful professional!

by from Mount Prospect, Illinois |

I just purchased my first Subaru; a 2013 Crosstrek and I am in love with the car! My wife is on her 3rd Forester. The General Manager, Jordan Tidhar, is a wonderful professional to work with; no high pressure sales, works diligently to meet your needs and satisfaction, is warm, funny and has become a friend in the process. We will only be driving Subaru's from this day forward and only working with Jordan and his Mid-City staff. Thank you very much. I and we couldn't be happier!!

September 6, 2013

Charles, Thank you for the wonderful review! We'll make sure that the compliment gets passed on to Jordan and again thank you for your loyalty!

Mid City Subaru Doesn't Disappoint!

by from Chicago, IL |

I recently went to Mid City Subaru in search for a new Subaru. They answered all of my questions, helped me out with great financing and my trade in. We dealt with Brian who was very friendly and knows Subarus like the back of his hand. Mid City Subaru is a great dealership that won't disappoint you!

September 6, 2013

You are exactly correct! At Mid City Subaru we take customer service to another level and we are happy to learn that you were able to experience it for yourself! We appreciate your support!

Best Car Buying Experience I have had.

by from Evanston, IL |

Mid City Subaru offers a great inventory, experienced sales staff, and the best of management. I have had horrifying car buying experiences in the past and I'm thrilled to say I won't return to any other dealership but Mid City Subaru in the future! Being myself, I had a ton of questions which were answered impeccably by my sales associate. Pricing was also fair and honest! I'm very happy my friend recommended Mid City Subaru to me!

September 6, 2013

Thank you for the kind words and welcome to the Mid City Subaru family!

Positive experience at Mid City Subaru

by from Chicago, Illinois |

I called to make an appointment to have my Subaru Legacy serviced and was pleasantly surprised that they had availability the very next day. Although the service took longer than I initially expected, I was pleased to receive a free car wash! I was most impressed with the friendliness of their staff. I will definitely be back!

September 6, 2013

Hi Kim, At Mid City Subaru, customer service is not only a goal but it is also part of our culture. We work hard to satisfy our customer vehicle needs and we are delighted to learn we met your expectations!

Lesson learned

by from Chicago, Illinois |

Since the Subaru location opened, I have been coming here for my service. After having a bad experience with a private auto mechanic, I've learned that I cannot trust anyone with my vehicle. My car was tampered purposely by one of the guys at the shop-just so i can continue to do business with them. For that reason, I visited these guys who are very knowledgeable about the work they do. The location is very convenient and accommodating and the liability is what makes me continue coming to this location. I would refer my friends and family.

September 6, 2013

Hi Draves, Although, we are sorry to hear about your bad experience at another service center, we are very pleased that you chose Mid City Subaru as your service choice. We appreciate your support!