Lux Cars Chicago

88 Dundee Rd, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089

Used 866-781-5738

Update to review "Avoid at all cost" - issue fixed

by from Highland Park, IL |

This is an update to the review below titled "Avoid at all cost". Unfortunately cars.com won?t let me edit, update and/or remove original review once it has been posted on the site. Instead car.com advises to post a new follow up review. So here it goes, following my review of LUX on 01/28, I was contacted by the dealership management with various options to resolve service problem. At first I was surprised to hear back from LUX, but then realized that this company is really striving to provide great service to its clients. The issue was resolved. I realize problems happen from time to time, but I am glad that LUX was able to follow through and get things done right. Kudos LUX!

Avoid at all cost

by from Highland Park, IL |

This review will cover my personal experience of the first visit to LUX dealership. Driving by the dealership, first thing that caught my eye was number of luxury cars on the lot. There were BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Hummer vehicles waiting to be sold. At first, my impression was dealer sells luxury cars, thus service department must be a top notch. My BMW needed a simple procedure done to connect an already pre-wired radar detector to the 12V power source in the fuse box. Pretty simple task to check an available slot in the fuse box, measure power output, and then connect to the fuse slot with already pre-installed add-a-fuse kit equipped with 2AMP fuse to protect radar. I explained the task to the service manager, and an hour later got my car back with the radar running. Two days later battery service light turned on the dashboard, and radar permanently shutoff. On the third day car would not start at all. BMW road side assistance towed the car to the local BMW dealer. Upon inspection, BMW mechanic informed me that radar was connected improperly, it caused a shortening of the electrical system. Turns out that LUX mechanics failed to connect radar using a proper fuse connection; they just stuck a piece of wire into the fuse box, threw out a safety fuse and improperly grounded connection. To make a long story short, BMW now threatens to void warranty on the car; also I am now liable for BMW towing and service charges, as outage caused by improper work that caused vehicle to break. Lesson learned. Think twice before taking your nice car to ?what seem to be a legitimate? LUX dealer. I realize inconvenience and failure happen from time to time. My first, and now last, experience with LUX showed unprofessionalism of the service department, negligence that caused vehicle damage and financial loss. Hope this review helps for those who consider servicing their car at LUX.

Great Service

by from Evanston, IL |

Wonderful people and great service. We just (at the end of Dec. 2012) bought a BMW ActiveHybrid7 and couldn't be happier. Everybody, especially the owner took wonderful care of us and made the process pretty painless. They gave us a fair deal for our trade in and made the process of transferring plates and registration a one-stop shop. We will certainly be back the next time we are in the market for another BMW.

Bad experience, several issues

by from Milwaukee, WI |

Buyer beware. Here are my issues: 1.) Car had a bent wheel and rain sensor for intermittent wipers was malfunctioning. I didn't notice these until shortly after purchase. I was told everything checked out. 2.) Only one key fob. 3.) No owners manual. Because of this, amongst not having instructions on how to use the features of the vehicle, I cannot pair cell phone to the hands-free Bluetooth because I don't have the passkey. 4.) They tried to change agreed upon deal during financing and purchasing write-up. Upon pointing that out, the finance person was not very pleasant, or thankful for my business. Somewhat rude actually.

Customer service lacking

by from Arlington hts |

This dealership is all for customer service before you buy the car but once you buy the car they become a stanger. Brought in car for free oil change.. was questioned about the free old change... was treated rudely for the entire 90 minutes I was there. No car wash or anything. I will never bring back my car there for any service.

Worst service ever

by from Chicago, IL |

Very disappointed with service and promises by the salemans. Bought a used car that only had one key and missing sunshade clips. We were told we can come back in 2 days for the parts. Then we get a call that we actually have to go to the car dealer that is over an hour away to get the second set of keys. And since we'll be at the dealership, we should have gotten our sunshade clips too but Alec from Lux said it's too expensive and is forcing us to go back to them for it. Not only does this put an extra 200 miles on my newly puchased car, but it's 2 days of my personal time. But the problem now is that Lux Cars can't get our shade clips and is claiming that they are no longer produced. However, I just called my local car dealership and they have them in stock! Will NEVER go back to Lux Cars nor recommend them. WORST SERVICE EVER!!!!!!!!

luxcars

by from Niles |

awesome car,very happy! great professional service.