Nelson's Preowned Autos

8996 L St, Omaha, NE 68127

went above and beyond

by from omaha, ne |

I had a great experience with this dealership. My previous car engine had blown so it was going to be 3000 to fix it, I had went here looking at one car I seen on line and didn't like it because it was too small. Tim had showed me another car that had just enough space and had a lot of nice features. Took it for a test drive and loved it. Went inside to do paper work and see if I could get approved. It was my first time financing a car. I had always went to buy here pay here places because of my credit. I have a bankruptcy on file and assumed my payments would be pretty high but I had told them I was trying to get something around the 200 range. I had got approved the day I went in but it was for above 300 for the payments. Tim said give me an extra day and ill call around tomorrow to other banks because if we can get your payments lower we will do that. In the meantime we can let you take the car home on dealer plates, I didn't want to do that just in case I wasn't approved. I was pretty nervous. I had got an email the next day saying he had found a better bank with a really low interest rate and my payment would only be 212 a month. I went in to fill out the paper work, they gave me 48 hours to have it inspected so I did that. I came back the next day with a minor issue and they said they will take care of it no problem. over al I had a great experience with this dealership and referring my friends and family to them. They really went above and beyond for me and it was much appreciated. (Also they were very patient I had mine and my sisters kids, they were entertained by the tv and coloring they had set up in the room.)

Simple

by from Lincoln, NE |

No pressure, honest, very easy to work with. Would definitely recommend.

Honest and fair

by from Omaha, Ne |

I felt right at home working with a straight shooter. I felt that he was being very open and honest at all times.

No nonsense used car dealer

by from Omaha, NE |

No pressure and friendly people. Went above and beyond to fix a cosmetic issue with the vehicle.

First Car

by from Omaha, Ne |

This was our first new car buying experience and the people at Nelson's Preowned Autos made it a good one. We had an idea of what we wanted when we showed up and they were very helpful answering questions and not at all pushy. They did a great job explaining things such as warranties and insurance and it was a pretty hassle free experience.

Excellent buying experience!!!!

by from Wisner, Ne |

I would definitely recommend Nelson's to everyone I know. Great buying experience, exceptional customer service and easy to work with on trade. Tim went above and beyond to make us happy including staying 3.5 hours past closing time.

May 13, 2014

Thank you for making the trip to see us! We really appreciate your business and taking the time to put in a review for us.

Buyer Beware

by from Omaha, NE |

I'm unable to update a previous review from over a year ago, but will provide an update here: While the buying process & customer service was great, keep in mind you're still buying a used car. As such, I bought the extended warranty and it was described & sold to me as a 'bumper to bumper' warranty. Not entirely accurate since my car has needed over $600 in repairs the past year that wasn't covered. Was also given a readout showing that the tires & brakes were like new. Nope. Tires only lasted about 8 months. Same for the battery. Brakes lasted about a year. This is all in addition to the $600 I'm out in repairs that the warranty won't cover. The customer service at Nelson's was great while buying, but sometimes a used car is a used car. I have no reason to believe they knowingly sold me a car with issues, but it's still pretty frustrating to go through over $1900 in maintenance & repairs the first year, especially when those repairs aren't covered by warranty.

May 13, 2014

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. We try to make sure all of our vehicles are road ready which is why we put them through a full mechanical inspection at a major dealer service department. Since you have not contacted us we really don't know how we could have helped resolve the issues you have had. We value your feedback and will take all comments into consideration.

Friendly and professional service.

by from Omaha, NE |

The owner and assistant made the process easy and quick. They had strong credentials and high integrity. Their autos were high quality and their pricing was better than competitive. No "add on" sales pressure and their financing interest rates were better than our credit union!

May 13, 2014

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to put in a review! We hope you're loving your new ride and look forward to seeing you again!

Excellent Experience!

by from Omaha, NE |

Purchasing my new vehicle was actually enjoyable. No pressure whatsoever, extremely nice offices, personable sales associate, all tied together made the experience great! The owner and salesman seemed like genuinely great people and I walked away feeling good. Not once during the process did I feel as though they were trying to 'pull one over.' I would highly recommend Nelson's to any of my friends or family members!

May 13, 2014

Thank you again for your business Kim and for the awesome review!

Honest Dealership

by from Lincoln, Ne |

Just purchased a vehicle April 2014 from Nelson's, and the staff were very nice and realistic. The dealership works with carfax which is nice, and they guide you through the history of the vehicle and let you know what they have done to it since they have had it on the lot. They won't try to hide anything from you that they know about the vehicle. The owner is reasonable and will come to an agreement with you that you can be comfortable with and is willing to work with your needs and your trade in. I would recomend this dealership to a friend and would definitely do business there again.

May 13, 2014

Thank you for your business and the great review! We hope you're loving your new ride and look forward to seeing you when it's time for the next one.