Romano Toyota

(2.5) 2 Reviews

6400 Basile Rowe, East Syracuse, NY 13057

Good dealership

by from Syracuse, NY |

I have had great experiences at this dealership. Twice actually. First time I went in on a Saturday morning, no appointment or call ahead of time. I was greeted by a sales rep and everything went good. Test drove the car, signed papers, and walked out the door within 1 1/2 hour. Picked up my(then new) 2009 Toyota Yaris the next day at 9am. Arrived and they had everything ready. 2 years later I go back looking for another car. Did not call ahead of time for an appointment or anything. I showed up, found a sales rep, test drove a few cars, and finally settled on a left over 2010 Toyota Prius. I decided to trade in my other car and this was where it was kinda disappointing. I kept getting low ball offers on the car. But at the end we did meet in the middle and I got a fair price for the car. I give the buying process 4 stars because I was nickle and dimed when doing the purchase. Kept getting told about aftermarket packages like remote start, under coating etc. Honestly I think Romano has the best dealerships around. I've also purchased from Romano Mercedes and also had very good experiences. As long as you aren't trading in or buying a discounted car, it will be hassle free. Only once did I have a bad experience. Walked in looking at a truck, asked for a price but sales rep never got back with it.

Horrible Service

by from Rochester, NY |

First off, they low balled me on my trade-in. Then they wouldn't negotiate on the price of the vehicle I was going to buy, but I bought it because it was exactly what I wanted. Then they set me up with a finance manager who doesn't even tell me the interest rate or monthly payment I'm receiving until the day I picked up the car...seriously!!! I pickup the car and then they don't even have the decency to clean the interior...pure laziness and ignorance on their part!!! Oh, the car needed new brakes and rotors and they're so cheap they milled the rotors instead of replacing them!!! I got the Zeibart paint protector applied, but they didn't tell me that it wasn't applied to a newly painted side-view mirror. The paint chipped on the mirror a day later and here I am 3 weeks later still waiting for someone to return my voice mails I left to get this taken care of!!! Even the general manager has yet to get back to me. The bank that the loan is through doesn't allow electronic payments!!! The whole experience was a disaster. I would highly suggest staying away from them, unless you want to go through the same stressful buying experience I did. Seriously, buy a Toyota or another used car brand elsewhere. I've had better experiences at Dorschel in Rochester, and I've never bought a car from them. I guess that's my fault for choosing Romano and now I have to live with that decision.

Romano Toyota responded to this review

May 1, 2014

Dear Mr. Cacovski, Thank you for taking out the time to bring your concerns to our attention. Customer satisfaction is our top Priority at Romano Toyota and we would never want you leaving our Dealership feeling unhappy. Hopefully my conversation with you Friday cleared up some of the confusion and help restore your confidence in our Dealership and what we stand for. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any concerns and I look forward to working with you in the future. As always, thank you for your business. Thank you, Mike Abbey General Manager (315) 445-1070 | Romano Toyota