Romano Toyota

(3.8) 5.0 6 Reviews

6400 Basile Rowe, East Syracuse, NY 13057

Great sales experience bad service

by from Lakeport NY |

Great sales consultant made me feel like I could count on this dealership...sadly not the case the service department didn't follow through with fixing a problem I had after only a few days with my highlander. This resulted in me paying money out of my pocket to replace a leaky battery only 3 weeks after delivery. I then figured Calling the manager but that did no good I was promised by him I'd get a call back..it's been 2 business days and still haven't heard back. This saddens me this is my third vehicle purchase from Romano dealerships but I don't feel as though I'll return or recommend them any longer.

May 25, 2016

Heather, thank you so much for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. We are happy that we could resolve this issue and look forward to continuing our relationship with you long after the sale. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority here at Romano Toyota Scion and we would never want you, or anyone, leaving our dealership unhappy. If there is anything else we can do for you please don't hesitate to contact me personally. Mike Abbey General Manager Romano Toyota Scion 315-445-1070

Great car buying experience

by from Baldwinsville, NY |

My husband and I both had leases on Chevy Malibu's that were ending soon-his on May 6th and mine in August. My husband was in the market for a new vehicle and had reasearched many makes and models and decided on looking around for a RAV4. He visited Romano Toyota and met with Jake Sardella. Jake spent 2 hours with Jim explaining all the many options available based on our needs, goals and our current financial state. He explained the pros and cons between buying vs leasing, used vs new, the financial impact of leaving my lease 5 months early, the benifits of getting 2 vehicles now vs ! now and another in August and all the services that Romano Toyota offers its customers.. Jim and I discussed all the information Jake had given him and we decided to invest in 2 vehicles now. Jim and I returned together 2 days later to Romano Toyota and met with Jake. He again spent a lot of time with us explaing the many purchasing options we had. We decided on leasing 2 RAV 4"s. All the financial arrangements were made at that time and the initial paperwork was signed. We arranged to return 2 days later to pick up our new vehicles but first needed to turn in our leased vehicles at a near-by Chevy dealership. When that was completed Jake came to pick us up and drive us to Romano Toyata. He had all the final paperwork organized and ready for signatures and he set up our 1st service appointments. We then went out to our new vehicles and Jake explained all the features that are in the vehicles and set-up the bluetooth and navigation systems and explained and demonstrated how to operate them. These are only the highlights of our very positive experience at Romano Toyota and exceptional treatment given to us by Jake.

Great Staff

by from Syracuse, NY |

I purchased my RAV4 with Jake as my salesperson. He is extremely attentive and made the purchasing process very easy. He went the extra mile and followed up with my several times to ensure I was happy with my purchase. I will absolutely go back again when it comes time for my next vehicle!

May 25, 2016

Laura, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad you had a wonderful experience here at Romano Toyota and we look forward to working with you again in the future! Enjoy your new RAV4!

No problem here. Good sales staff. Very happy

by from Syracuse, NY |

I bought my Prius V here. My salesman, Steve, was helpful and actually, entertaining! I felt like he was trying hard to get me my price, and he did. Facilities are nice, and delivery went without a hitch. I will be back :)

May 25, 2016

Terri, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy you had a good experience here at Romano Toyota and we hope you enjoy your new Prius!

Good dealership

by from Syracuse, NY |

I have had great experiences at this dealership. Twice actually. First time I went in on a Saturday morning, no appointment or call ahead of time. I was greeted by a sales rep and everything went good. Test drove the car, signed papers, and walked out the door within 1 1/2 hour. Picked up my(then new) 2009 Toyota Yaris the next day at 9am. Arrived and they had everything ready. 2 years later I go back looking for another car. Did not call ahead of time for an appointment or anything. I showed up, found a sales rep, test drove a few cars, and finally settled on a left over 2010 Toyota Prius. I decided to trade in my other car and this was where it was kinda disappointing. I kept getting low ball offers on the car. But at the end we did meet in the middle and I got a fair price for the car. I give the buying process 4 stars because I was nickle and dimed when doing the purchase. Kept getting told about aftermarket packages like remote start, under coating etc. Honestly I think Romano has the best dealerships around. I've also purchased from Romano Mercedes and also had very good experiences. As long as you aren't trading in or buying a discounted car, it will be hassle free. Only once did I have a bad experience. Walked in looking at a truck, asked for a price but sales rep never got back with it.

Horrible Service

by from Rochester, NY |

First off, they low balled me on my trade-in. Then they wouldn't negotiate on the price of the vehicle I was going to buy, but I bought it because it was exactly what I wanted. Then they set me up with a finance manager who doesn't even tell me the interest rate or monthly payment I'm receiving until the day I picked up the car...seriously!!! I pickup the car and then they don't even have the decency to clean the interior...pure laziness and ignorance on their part!!! Oh, the car needed new brakes and rotors and they're so cheap they milled the rotors instead of replacing them!!! I got the Zeibart paint protector applied, but they didn't tell me that it wasn't applied to a newly painted side-view mirror. The paint chipped on the mirror a day later and here I am 3 weeks later still waiting for someone to return my voice mails I left to get this taken care of!!! Even the general manager has yet to get back to me. The bank that the loan is through doesn't allow electronic payments!!! The whole experience was a disaster. I would highly suggest staying away from them, unless you want to go through the same stressful buying experience I did. Seriously, buy a Toyota or another used car brand elsewhere. I've had better experiences at Dorschel in Rochester, and I've never bought a car from them. I guess that's my fault for choosing Romano and now I have to live with that decision.

May 1, 2014

Dear Mr. Cacovski, Thank you for taking out the time to bring your concerns to our attention. Customer satisfaction is our top Priority at Romano Toyota and we would never want you leaving our Dealership feeling unhappy. Hopefully my conversation with you Friday cleared up some of the confusion and help restore your confidence in our Dealership and what we stand for. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any concerns and I look forward to working with you in the future. As always, thank you for your business. Thank you, Mike Abbey General Manager (315) 445-1070 | Romano Toyota