Manfredi Kia

(2.7) 6 Reviews

1581 Hylan Blvd, Staten Island, NY 10305

very dissapointed

by from staten is ny |

Been a Manfredi customer since 1990 was always very pleased with the way I was treated This time around was turning in my lease for a 2015 Sorrento Deal was done at last moment manager reneged on deal saying I had to put another 500.00 down to save 10.00 a month which did not make sense to me saving 10.00 a month for 36 months which was 360.00 dollars. Manager came over did not introduce himself to myself or my wife. When I was displeased and got up and left after driving the car and spending an hr there I was told let him leave who cares. I over the years have been a loyal Manfredi customer and was very surprised at the way I was treated there with Kia. All the other dealerships were great. I was very satisfied with the sales person that had the time and patience since august Anthony A. who made my time there just a pleasure. Frank D November 26 2015

Are they being honest?

by from Staten Island, NY |

I've taken my car to Manfredi a few times when there was a recall or service under warranty to be done. In general I've been pleased with the work, but twice now small things have come up that make me question what kind of service I'm really getting. One was a light that needed to be replaced that 3 days later I noticed wasn't working. They claimed that it "must have been a bad bulb" - which I'd rate at maybe 15% believability. More likely, they forgot to do it even though it was on my itemized bill. The main annoyance with having to bring the car back for something so small is they only operate on a first come, first served basis - no appointments. Unless you call bringing in your car when they open at 7am an appointment. The next thing that happened, which is the cause of this review, is I got general service on my car while also getting a recall addressed. No problems, no biggee, on the expensive side, but anyone who has had a car knows going to the dealer will cost more than a basic garage. I was paying for the convenience of not having to take my car into two places. When I got the car back, it had a strong scent inside of it. It wasn't unpleasant, per se, but it gave me a headache within a couple blocks and lasted for over an hour. After 2 days of headaches each time I drove, I called to ask where the scent had been applied - the filter? as a spray on the dash? I wanted to track it down and remedy it. I was very nice and pleasant on the phone - not accusatory or angry at all. I was put on hold so they could consult with the mechanic (supposedly) and after a few minutes I was told no scent had been used. They suggested maybe it was from a spray they used on the outside of the car's exhaust system. This ranked in my brain at about 5% plausibility, given it was sweet scent like an air freshener, but I decided to see if it would go away. After two more days of headaches, I removed the new air filter (a pain) and no surprise it reeked of the scent. I ordered myself a new one online at half the price I was charged, and still have to wait a while longer for the scent to be released from the plastic in the air ducts. I've bought a carbon filter to put in the car to try to help. There was no reason to lie to me. There was no reason to apply a scent to my car either. I'm not even particularly sensitive to such things, but it was causing me physical pain. And between the bulb and the scent - two things I can easily verify myself without any special car knowledge - I am really left to wonder if they actually did all the other work they charged me for, and if they did it well. Basically, I will not be returning to the dealership again, all over a $20 air filter and some drops of who knows what. It's a tiny matter in the scheme of things, but their unnecessary lying is a huge matter.

They do not take your privacy seriously

by from Staten Island, NY |

One of their former dealers openly admitted that he got my information off a form I submitted to Kia. He was working at a different dealership and took it before he left Kia. I called Kia and was brushed off. They do not take your information seriously. If they don't care about your information in this situation, imagine what else they do with your information?

Professional

by from Brooklyn, NY |

I have just leased a Kia Optima from salesperson Darren. The overall process is a little long; but I would rather it done correctly. Darren was completely professional and helpful. There is no "this is the price and that is it". They work with you on options and solutions. The manager was professional as well regarding any issues with the vehicle. I would recommend this dealership.

Inconsiderate Salesperson

by from S.I, N.Y |

I was very unsatisfied with the service I received at Manfredi. I took off a day from work. My old car broke down and I decided to get a new car. I got to the dealership as soon as it opened. After picking out a vehicle, the sales manager informed me it would take a few hours to clear everything with the bank and that he would notify me when it did. I explained that I needed to know as soon as possible since it would be the only day I could take off. He assured me it wouldn't be long. However, five hours later, after not hearing from him,I called him to see what was going on. At first he lied and said that someone had tried to call me, then he told me he was at a wake for the past few hours. Needless to say, I did not purchase a car from him.

Great deal On 2013 Sorento purchase.

by from Staten Island,N.Y. |

Ricardo, the car salesman, and Steve, the Sales Manager were the most helpful in getting me my 2013 Sorento. I shopped around, and they were the dealership that beat all others price wise. I give them FIVE stars.