Mcgrath Kia

(2.3) 3 Reviews

1020 N Center Point Rd, Hiawatha, IA 52233

Terrible service with a lack of concern for safety

by from Cedar Rapids, IA |

My car is unsafe to drive because it stalls when driving but the service department can't figure out why. Kia corporate won't help either, they insist the car is safe and can be used while I wait 6 weeks for a specialist to come to town to look at my car. Very disappointing at lack of concern for my safety and the safety of my children.

Stay away from the McGrath family dealerships!

by from Cedar Rapids, IA |

I bought a used vehicle from them after doing research for vehicles with reliability ratings. The car had low mileage and one previous owner. When filling out paperwork, I was told I was required by the lender to purchase the extended warranties. I just needed to choose the one I wanted. I thought this was odd. Within three weeks of the purchase, I had something go wrong. Because the car was not a typical McGrath product, I had to take it to the dealer to fix. Then I went in for the free oil change. Within weeks of that, low and behold! More troubles. This time it was something not covered under their warranty. After visiting the dealer, I found that McGrath's extended warranty expires the same time as the original factory warranty expires. I looked closer at the paperwork. It was not required by my financial institution, but required as a high price add-on to their financing policy. Trying to cancel the warranty has been a nightmare. It can only be done through McGrath, and they have lost my information, which is turning a "5 week process" into a multi-month game of cat and mouse. I'm waiting to be told that their delays is going to cause the warranty to be too late to cancel. BUYER BEWARE!

Keeping my wife happy! :o)

by from Cedar Rapids, Iowa |

We used the KIA web sight to build the car we wanted, with just what we wanted down to the colors. But no-one for 200 miles had the color and options that were on our must list. Then we left our wants with a Salesman at McGrath KIA "Josh Stocker" the Kid worked for 10 days and found just the one, and when pen met paper, the number worked too, the price was were all the guiding web sights said we got a very good price. So with all that said We want to thank Josh Stocker and his manager TJ Thomason. It is not often I wright a 5 digit payment and think I still owe a THANK YOU :o)