Crossroads Nissan of Sanford

3305 NC-87, Sanford, NC 27332

New 877-256-3381
Used 877-239-7686
Service 877-265-6924

Leave your check book at home because you simply won't need it!

1 of 1 review

After the sale, you won't get the service.

by from Sanford, NC |

Let me share with you the experience I have had with Crossroads Nissan of Sanford. We bought our 2012 Nissan Quest in January 2013. At the time it was a good deal and we really liked the vehicle. All the staff seemed nice and helpful, but later we came to the conclusion that it was just to make the sale. Twenty-five days after our purchase I realized that our 30 day tags are to expire in 5 days. We had not received or been contacted about our license plate at that point. After calling to ask about it, I was told that they would check into it. The next day, I was called back to be told that the inspection was never done so they weren't able to apply for the plates yet. This was the first evidence that once the sale is done, their customers fall off the face of the Earth to you. There is no reason that it should of took me calling 5 days before the tags expire to find out you couldn't apply for the tags yet. I live about an hour away so I had to make a trip there to wait for a couple hours to get the inspection that SHOULD of been done when the van was bought. Then, roughly two weeks after my 30 day tags expired I received my actual license plate. Next, about a week after that while driving to a friends house our van randomly turned off and left us stuck on the side of the road. I called their service department and they asked me to call the roadside assistance line. About 2 hours later a tow truck was there and took the van to our local Nissan dealership here in town. I had to wait till the next morning to call to find out what was going on since they were already closed. That night I did so research online to see if it had happen to anyone else. It had, but most of everything I saw was from mid-2012 and a recall had fixed the issue from that point. The next morning I called our local dealership to see what was going on. They said they wouldn't be able to get to it till later that afternoon and since it was Saturday it may not be till Monday. I needed a car at that point...they said they couldn't give a loaner because they didn't know if it was something that I did or because it was something wrong with the vehicle itself. He suggested calling Crossroads Nissan. So, I did. I explained what happened and that I thought that it could be the recall from mid-2012. At that point, the service person on the line got rude with me and said that I didn't know what I was talking about because the recall would of been done before the van even left the dealership. So, no loaner vehicle and I was stuck at home waiting....luckily, late Saturday afternoon I got a call back and they were able to make room to look at it. Sure enough, to their surprise and mine, the recall was never done on the vehicle. This was the second evidence that once the sale is done, their customers fall off the face of the Earth. That recall should of been done before it ever left the lot after I purchased it. Even then, it should of been caught when they looked at it to do the (a month late) inspection on it. Instead, due to lack of not going over a check list, our family was stuck on the side of the road for over 2 hours...thanks for that. Now, let's fast forward about almost a year. It's time to get an inspection on the vehicle. I have less than 11,000 miles on it, and they tell me that they can't pass it since the tires are to the point of showing wires. What? The van is only a year old, and less than 11,000 miles, that can't be right. I took it to you guys and you said that the tires needed to be replaced and that the alignment is off. I have a 2010 Ford Escape that has never needed an alignment, and had a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee that has only needed an alignment twice in the 12 years I had it. After a year, I needed an alignment. Plus, isn't that something that should of been caught on one of the oil changes I got too? Instead, you they decided that you would "help me out" and not charge me the alignment if I bought the 2 tires that needed changing.

(1-1 of 1 review)