Tacoma Nissan

New 866-981-1955
Used 866-951-5374
Service 888-749-4439

1 of 1 review

Worst Experience trying to buy a car

by from Tacoma, WA |

I went into the Tacoma Nissan dealership on 7/19/14, I had previously been in discussion via email with a member of their internet sales division regarding the purchase price of a vehicle on their lot, during these information exchanges my partner and I made it clear that we had already secured financing through a credit union and are not looking for a competing rate and only wanted to purchase the vehicle. I will leave out the typical gripes of purchasing a car that the average consumer endures and skip towards the unethical and fraudulent business practices they are conducting. Like I stated earlier the dealership knew before our arrival we had our own financing, additionally upon our arrival I made sure to let the sales person "Ryan" know that we had our own financing. After deciding on which car we were purchasing they said they needed information from us, which we were happy to oblige as we understand there is regulatory/title/compliance pieces that require specific information. After my partner had started to fill out a form sans social security number and birth date the salesperson came back from the ether that he had disappeared into for quite some time requesting we sign the form, include social security number, birth date, occupation and a few other things. I asked my partner to not touch the form any further, I read the form and it stated "Application for credit" all verbiage indicated the sole use of the form was to run someones credit. We asked Ryan, why we were signing a credit application when we made it clear we already had financing arranged - we are not looking at add additional hard inquiries on my partners credit history as we have already had 2 inquiries when shopping for a loan. Ryan's only answer was "this will make your life easier" and immediately walked away. A credit application does not make my life easier, and the sales person came back with a manager of some sort whos name I did not catch. He told us that he was going to put our information into a CUDL database to grab the information about our loan, unaware of what this system was we requested to check with our bank about it. We called WSECU and they advised us to not let the dealership put our information into this database as it would run our credit again and they would try to shop our information to various lenders...soemthing we do not want. THe dealer insisted this was not going to run our credit, a quick glance at the website on CUDL it became apparent he was lying directly to my face and was going to run our credit anyway if he had the information needed to do so. He claimed this application was necessary for the Patriot Act, sounds highly suspect to me. We still wanted the car, and at the price we were quoted, and asked if there was any way we could not fill out this form but still give them info necessary to ensure we weren't doing money laundering or shady business. They asked us to fill out a credit application, AGAIN. At this point we requested the information on a different form again, the sales manager then essentially told us that we were stringing them along and that we did not have any intention of making a sale. and kicked us out of their business.

(1-1 of 1 review)