Freeman Mazda, Hyundai

Used 888-860-0480
Service 866-421-4103

Relaxed Used Car Buying Experience

by from Plano, TX |

This was as relaxed a used car buying experience as I've encountered in about 40 years of owning cars. After evaluating many dozens of cars on various websites like cars.com, truecar, and autotrader, I had particular interest in a 2006 Mazda Miata at Freeman Mazda. The online sales manager, John Luke promptly answered my inquiry and follow up questions, and I scheduled a visit to the Freeman location. I was greeted warmly, met with John who had moved the Miata to the front, I inspected the car, and it looked and sounded great, took it for a spin and agreed to buy it. Negotiations took about one minute and were very cordial and professional. Moving onto documentation of the sale with both John and then Mike Ray in finance were fast and straight forward with no pressure and everything was clear. John had agreed to deliver the car to my house 20 miles away the next day and arrived with it exactly when he said he would. I'm very happy with my Miata and would definitely recommend Freeman Mazda and John Luke to anyone considering a used car.

Toyata Avalon Search

by from north richland hills, tx |

Contacted the next day by the Internet sales office. The information provided was useful and the offer to find other solutions to our car selection was generous. Since that initial call I have not been able to visit the dealership and no other calls have been received. I have dealt with Freeman before and find them to be easy to communicate with and attentive to my questions and needs.

Not the best, not the worst

by from Keller, TX |

Emailed dealership to make appt. to see car. Sales rep called back and was friendly and courteous. Buying process was fairly quick. Offered full trade-in value for my car. Sales rep. tended to exaggerate the features of the car we were interested in but he kept his word on what he promised us. Finance office was slow as molasses. Waited 2 hours to be seen finishing up at 10:00pm.

Worst dealer ever

by from Irving, TX |

Emailed the dealer through cars.com and dealer scheduled an appointment next day but when i arrived car was not even ready to show. Dealer attempted to get it ready but later realized that the car has electrical problems. Dealer promised that they will call back when the car is ready but never heard back from them. What a waste of time.

Great Experience

by from Sachse, TX |

I found my car on Cars.com and emailed the dealership to get some information. I was contacted later that day by Shane Welter with Freeman Hyundai Used Cars. We emailed back and forth a couple of times and I set up an appointment to come out and check out what he had on his lot. In the mean time, I found another Santa Fe at a dealership closer to me so I wanted to check that one out first. I felt bad because I had already made the appointment with Shane, but when I called him to let him know my change of plans, he understood completely and simply told me to let him know if I decided to come out to Freeman.(no pressure at all!!!) As it turns out I didn't like the first car I test drove so i called Shane back and let him know I was on my way. When I got there, Shane was readily available and we went out to take a look at the vehicle I was interested in. The car was clean AND detailed (unlike the other dealership) and before long I was on my test drive. I drove the car on the highway as well as side streets. Shane even directed me to go down this one particular street that was EXTREMELY rough. He said the reason he wanted to take that road was so that I could hear whether or not the car had any rattles. It didn't! The 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe SE that I bought was already priced fairly and they gave me a good deal on my old truck. Needless to so say I am very pleased with the deal I got and with how I was treated at the dealership. I would recommend looking up Shane Welter at Freeman Hyundai if you are in the market for a used car! (the car pulled ever so slightly to the left during the test drive and while I was finishing up the closing paper work he took it to the shop so they could do a 4 wheel alignment. Now that's customer service!)

Horrible Customer Service

by from Irving, TX |

I can't speak about the sales department but if you have business with the parts or service department I would advise you to take your business elsewhere. Both departments are utterly incompetent. I called the service department to make an appointment in response to a recall notice. I was called back a week later when the part came in as they didn't have it on hand. So I took time off to have the repairs made only to be told after 45 minutes in the waiting area that they were "sorry" they didn't have the right part and that I would have to make another appointment and come back at another time. After a waste of my time and gas, problem solved. Seems I'm a glutton for punishment though. The sun visor on my car broke so I went to the parts department for a replacement. They got the vin number off my car and looked up the part on their computer but still managed to sell me the wrong part and to add insult to injury, refused to return or exchange the new unused part accompanied by the original receipt a few days later. Reason given, "You don't have the plastic bag that it came in" (a bag exactly like a newspaper comes in). So now I'm stuck with a 100 dollar sun visor I can't use because it doesn't fit my car due to their incompetence and unwillingness to correct their mistake. Needless to say, I would not recommend doing any sort of business with this dealership

Freeman Mazda, Hyundai responded to this review

March 22, 2013

Ed Collie, our Parts Manager, replied to this customer early the following morning. He apologized first for the fact that the customer had an unpleasant experience, and then agreed with the customer that he was due a full refund if the part was wrong, regardless of packaging. He offered to either pick the part up personally and do the credit to his card, or he could bring it in that day. The customer came in, Ed apologized once again, and his refund was handled on the spot. Ed told him that he should feel free to call Ed's cell phone if there's anything else he ever needs.

Excellent Dealer, Excellent Customer Service.

by from Irving, TX |

I have bought a used car from this dealer and I had the best experience. I have had bad experience with other dealer around the area but these guys are completely different to the others. They take care about customers; they are not just selling cars they sell service. The facilities are not the fanciest but it does not matter, what matter is the quality of the sales people and how they treat customers. I would like to thank to Mr. Shane Welter for all his help throughout the selling process. William Ch.

Good experience here!

by from Campbell, Texas |

Shane Welter, new and used car salesman, met us at the door and made our experience very pleasant. Low pressure and provided helpful information. Worked with us during price negotiations for a good car at a good price (cash deal). Would recommend Shane to any of our friends. Positive experience without the painful tactics pulled by sales staff at other dealerships.

Disgraceful Customer Service

by from dallas, tx |

This was absolutely the worst experience i have ever had at a car dealership. Rick Westbrook provided me w/decent customer service up until the last few minutes of my visit. His Sales Manager Larry Chase displayed the most appalling customer service i have ever received. Larry approached me with the sole intent of antagonizing and humiliating me. In anwer to your question "have i had a bad experience at a car dealership before?" - not until i met you! You should not be entrusted with a customer service position. How dare you treat a customer with the utter disdain you showed me??!! Customer Service Tip #1: if you feel that a customer is not having an enjoyable experience try a handshake, a smile and 'what can we do to make this a better experience for you?' But DO NOT approach that customer with a swagger, without reaching out for a handshake, and proceed to mock that customer, tell that customer that you do not need their business, and continue to yell at that customer even after she has left the building. As for Rick Westbrook, I had no problem with his customer service until the last few minutes of my visit. Customer Service Tip #2: when the customer you have been working with for the last hour + tells you how horribly she has just been treated by your sales manager, do not turn around and walk away when that Manager sticks his head out the door and calls you. i took the time to thank you for your time even though your manager had upset me tremendously. You could have at least shown me some common courtesy and respect.

Easy Buying Process

by from Coppell, TX |

I used cars.com to submit bids for a Hyundia Elantra. Freeman came back with a price up front. It was the best price I received so I went to buy it. I told the dealership I had 1 /12 hours to complete the transaction. We where done in under that time. Everyone was friendly and worked fast. I would buy another car from the Freeman dealership.