Goodson Acura

Service 866-378-7523

Your Dallas Acura Dealer

1st Vehicle Purchase/Negotiation, And It Was Great

by from Dallas, TX |

First off, I am a 25 year old, two years out of college and this was my first vehicle purchase and negotiation experience at a dealership on my own... and it was great! I recently stopped by the Goodson Acura dealership in Dallas, TX to test drive a slightly pre-owned 2013 Acura ILX. Honestly, my original plan was to test drive this vehicle and then make a trip down to Houston to purchase one of two that I found listed significantly lower for almost identical vehicles at a Houston area Chevy dealership. I had already spoken with the Chevy dealership quite extensively via telephone and got them to agree to bring down the price on their vehicle additionally, creating a deal I thought might be too good to pass up. After test driving the vehicle with my Goodson Acura Salesman, Paul Glicker, we discussed the difference in pricing between his vehicle and those I saw listed in Houston. Paul played hardball, however, eventually we were able to get the vehicle price down to a number that we agreed upon, saving me a trip to Houston and helping me get a vehicle that had been fully inspected by an Acura dealership with an unbeatable long-term warranty. My advice for you is to research, research, research before walking into the dealership. Know the prices in your geographical area and have them readily available when you go to the dealership. The internet is very powerful! After that, find Paul Glicker and he will take care of the rest. I had a great experience with Goodson Acura and plan on creating a lasting relationship with their team for years to come.

January 29, 2014

On Behalf of all of us at Goodson Acura, we want to thank you for your kind words and hope to serve you in to the future. Thank you, Goodson Acura.

Great service!

by from Dallas, TX |

My husband and I have had horrible car buying experiences in the past where the sales folks would be pushy and not allow us to take our time with the car buying process. Augustine was very patient with us, did not push us with any purchase, and gave us our space to think about the decision and price before making a deal. It was a car buying experience I would recommend for any of my friends and family. Thank you for making our first Acura purchase so great!

July 25, 2015

We are so glad you stopped by Goodson after your experience at MacChurchill. We are so thankful to have you as a customer. Let us know if there is ever anything additionally we can do to assist you. Thanks again and enjoy your new car!

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

by from LINDEN TEXAS |

EXCELLENT SALESMAN, AND GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND CAN ASSIST YOU IN GETTING THE CAR OF YOUR DREAM. HAS HELP ME AND SEVERAL FRIENDS RIDE IN CLASS. NUMBER ONE GUY TO SEE BRIAN SMITH. VERY PERSONABLE AND NO QUESTION IS A DUMB QUESTION. GIVE HIM 5 STARS.

July 24, 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We appreciate you doing so. Please stop back and see us again soon!

Unpleasant Experience-

by from Dallas , TX |

I was looking for a used car. Found one on their website. Knowing from expirience about trickery of sales staff doing everything they can to get you in the door. I insisted at first call that Dave Chiles makes sure the car is available. I was told he will check and call me in 15min. After 30 minutes ( no callback ) I called back and asked the desk to page Dave Chiles and find out the status of the car. At this point I was about 10 minutes from dealership on NDT at LBJ. I asked him again to make sure car is available. I drove to the dealership in about 15 min and was told that car was just sold buy another sales person. After all this Dave still tried to make a sale on another car. I asked to talk to the manager. Carl Cruz came by and informed me that this is normal. I told him that I would understand if it was sold a few hours later. The conversation wasn't going anywhere. All I wanted was an apology for my lost time, toll charges and gas. After more excuses from Mr. Cruz I told them that I will do my talking on the internet. I will not leave a penny in any of the dealers associated with Goodson Acura.

February 23, 2015

Robert, our GM Mike Allmon would like to talk to you personally about your experience. Please contact Mike at 214-379-5823. We would like to apologize for your experience and work to correct it. Mike looks forward to speaking with you.

Professional and Impeccable Service

by from Dallas, Texas |

Jonathan Agunwa was the young man (48 years young) that assisted me in this streeful process of buyiing a car, however, his giftness and knowledge in ths subuject made my experience a good one. His quality of work is excellent, the attitude of his heart is joyful, and the best words to describe his work ethic are diliegent and impeccable.

September 2, 2014

As a token of our appreciation for hanging out with us online, we would like to offer you 10% off service or repairs next time you come in. Just mention Cars.com at the cashier. Thanks for being an awesome customer!

Good people, only deal when benefits dealership

by from Dallas,TX |

They could have told me with all of the information I provided before I drove to the website. They couldn't do a deal with me. I had to drive against traffic to get there then get stuck in traffic going home.

September 2, 2014

Trent, We are terribly sorry to hear that your deal didn't work out. If you don't mind, please send us an email at social@goodsonacura.com to give us a few more details about your experience so we can work to correct it. Thanks!

Good knowledgable people

by from Denton TX |

NOT PUSHY, I expected the normal pushy sales technique that you always hear about, instead they were friendly, courteous, and gave me all the time in the world to make my decision. I bought a used Jetta from their used car lot, I received a lot of annoying calls from other dealerships and Goodson only called once or twice, Once I told them that I was receiving a bunch of annoying calls from other dealers they took the initiative to tell their salesman to leave me alone. My salesman was Isreal and he knew a lot about Volkswagens for being at an acura dealership, I had done my research and he was still a wealth of information. They also had great facilities to hangout and drink coffee and write this review while waiting for my car to get prepped and to finish up the paperwork. Everyone was friendly and they recognized me when I pulled up for the 3rd time and even though I showed up unannounced they said they had already called my salesman to the office for me. I highly recommend them if your someone who is worried about being pushed into a car you don't like. Don't forget to ask to take a car home if you cant decide what you want ;)

February 26, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are ecstatic to hear you had a great experience! We look forward to serving you again soon!

Worst Dealer

by from Dallas, Tx |

We were going to buy car , they took our application later said us bank have to work on documents wait call from them and we learnd they already sell that car before :/ .. this dealer make our credit look bad and we have to wait 1 month for buy car . They liar and not professional .

January 21, 2014

Samantha, we greatly apologize that you had a bad experience. That is definitely not how we want our customers treated. If you decide to give us another shot, please let us know and we will get you set up with a manager. Again, we apologize and we appreciate you letting us know so we can get better.

First and last in this delaer

by from dallas , texas |

We make appointment for test drive 2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 with car seller Bart Wolmask . He called us 30 minute before than appointment time and said some customer took car for check to service , Later we test drive 2008 Volvo XC90 3.2 this car was so dirty and engine was have problem , be careful about this car . Later customer bring 2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 we test drive it was good and clean . We make application for finance but they told us bank need time and they will contact us monday . We were there saturday time was 11. 00 AM . And later sunday we say online car was not in online . And we learn today , they sold car. I wont never go to look car again to there, They just steal peoples time .

January 21, 2014

Aaron, we are greatly sorry that you had a negative experience. That is definitely not permissible. We would like to invite you to work with a manager next time you come in if you decide to give us another chance. Again, we apologize and hope to serve you again soon.

This is a Dealer to avoid.

by from Dallas TX |

This is a Dealer I would avoid at all cost. They are the type that give car dealers a bad name. I've bought 3 cars in the last 2 years and have worked with probably 12-15 dealers in the process. Most all were professional, up front and courteous throughout the process. I would do business with all of them again with the exception of Goodson. My negative experience included Marcus Collins, Mike Allmon and most of all Greg Mathis.

January 30, 2014

While I understand the need for social media venues where you can voice your opinion, I don't think it fair to not have both names in the post. That being said, I will simply reply with why "Acura Fan" is upset with me. He made several very low offers over the course of several days which I declined. During that period of time, we sold the vehicle to another customer. Because I did not let him know that another person was interested in purchasing the same vehicle, he feels that I was not professional and courteous. My rebuttal to his negative response is this: When you want to buy a car, negotiate a deal that you are happy with and the dealer is happy with as well. Then make the deal. The bashing of people's good names is unfair without the whole story being heard. Thanks for my opportunity to respond. Greg Mathis Goodson Acura

Excellent Experience

by from San Angelo, TX |

Great Service, smooth process. The salesperson and finance officerwere courteous and freindly.

January 24, 2014

Thank you for the kind words! We look forward to serving you again soon!