DARCARS Volkswagen Silver Spring

(3.6) 5 Reviews

12511 Prosperity Dr, Silver Spring, MD 20904

Horrible experience with VW Repairs.

by from Silver Spring MD |

After bringing my VW to be repaired at the Silver Spring shop I left with my car in greater disrepair than when i pulled in. Never again will i have Dar Cars VW service my vehicle nor would i recommend anyone else take their car. The mechanics are cut rate and the customer service was spotty. Don't trust your car here folks.

Not real happy with DARCARS

by from Timonium, Md. |

I was looking for a specific brand new Tiguan for my daughter as a graduation present. DARCARS contacted me via email saying they could get one. Many of their emails did not address my specific questions, and they were hounding me for a phone number. I did not give out my correct phone number (which I stated in my original post at CARS.com), because I did not want to field a lot of phone calls at work or during my commute. The sales doodle stopped emailing but the sales manager stepped up and finally gave me an on-the-street price. This would have been too late except another dealer was trying to do an exchange to get the Tiguan we wanted. So, I called up the sales manager and said I could come down immediately and purchase the Tiguan. He said he sold it to Fitzgerald VW (not a dealer I was in contact with about a Tiguan), but he could get another one. Two days came and went. I heard nothing from DARCARS. The other (unmentioned) dealer said the Tiguan I wanted just wasn't available. I had to decide on a second choice. I did a simple Internet search and found 104 Tiguan's equipped exactly the way I wanted including 24 the color I wanted. So I bought one. Funny thing is I saved over two grand. A few days later I got an email from the original sales doodle at DARCARS wanting to know if I still wanted a Tiguan. I hadn't heard from him in more than a week. I told him I had been dealing with the sales manager because that is who contacted me (the sales doodle got at least two emails via a cc, so he should have known), and when he said he could get one but didn't, I went elsewhere and bought one. Rather than being happy for me (I got what I wanted) and happy for DARCARS (they "sold" the Tiguan I wanted to another dealer), the response I got was quite snippy. I'm happy I got my daughter what she wanted, happy with the dealer I did go to, and extra happy DARCARS didn't hound me or got snippy with me by phone. As a VW family for 27 years, I won't rule DARCARS completely out for the future but they shouldn't expect to hear from me ever again.

Excellent service

by from Riverdale maryland |

Best service department just make sure to ask for Kevin or alli

No pressure, haggle-free, OUTSTANDING experience..

by from Silver Spring, MD |

I LOVE Darcars VW!!! Using the Costco buying program, I bought my brand new 2013 Passat with NO price haggling, and EVERYONE at the Dealership was courteous, helpful, willing to talk about all the options in front of me WITHOUT even suggesting more expensive or higher-end options for the sake of selling a more expensive car. The show-room is sleek, impeccably clean and VERY nicely appointed. If you're looking for an exceptional sales person, ask for Uri. He is extremely knowledgable and patient. Also David, who works closely with Uri is SO lovely and kind and brings a relaxed feel to the scary process of buying a new car. The WHOLE experience was flawless and comfortable, and ALL the people, from the General Manager, James to the financing person, Saji, were all genuinely friendly and soooooo helpful. I came away feeling like I got an excellent deal on a fantastic car, and feel like I'll be well taken care of throughout my ownership of this car. I am SOOOOO delighted by the whole experience. Rebecca, Silver Spring, MD.

Awesome Car Buying Experience

by from Rockville, Maryland |

Best car buying experience ever. I came in to test drive the car on short notice but was easily accommodated into their easy schedule. Once i decided i wanted to purchase the car , which had been sold a few days after my first visit, they were more than willing to not only give me the special pricing from the prior week but also find the exact model and color car i want and ship it for free. They just moved to their current location so the lot isn't at its best yet, a lot of car were just shipped in.