King's Kars

King's Kars

1204 Blairs Ferry Rd, Marion, IA 52302

Used 877-808-4578

Ride Like A King For Less!

Great Dealer

by from Ankeny, IA |

The staff at King's Kars are friendly and sociable without seeming too pushy. I found them when I researched cars on this website and found a '96 Mercury Mystique 5-Speed Manual that only had ~80,000 miles on it. They offered a great price for a car with such low mileage and even arranged a refresher course with one of the employees on driving a stick. The buying process was quick and easy. I have been driving my new car for a couple months now and have had no problems with it. I live two hours from Marion and it was well worth the trip. When the time comes that I need another car, they'll be the first people I call. King's Kars is a good dealership. They are salespeople, but they won't try to push you into a car unless you are satisfied and comfortable with it. I was very pleased in my dealings with them and would gladly recommend them to anyone in Central Iowa who is currently shopping for a car.

July 11, 2014

Thank you very much. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Buyer beware

by from Marion Iowa |

Bought a car from these folks - the engine blew in less than a year - they got the car back and have threatened to take me to court over the remainder of the loan. Well not sure, but seems that since they are trying to sell the car again - I wouldn't owe them anything. The car had so many other issues that I didn't feel it was worth over $3,000 to have a new engine put in it. They are very nasty to work with - and heaven help you if you can't get there on the due date of your payment (due to weather or whatever) - You will get a call before noon the next day. Overall, the worst experience I have ever had buying a car. After all - how many cars leak water from the dash when it rains. Or has 4 different types of tires on it when you buy it. Worst part is they charged 29.99% interest.... ridiculous. I even paid more than my payments monthly - until it died and I had to have it towed 120 miles - yeah over $500 there in a tow bill - and another $200 to have a reputable mechanic tell me what what wrong. He looked at it and strongly advised not to put a penny in it. After all I spent over $5,000 on it with purchase price, tires and repairs, towing and diagnosis. And they still want $1100 from me. I wouldn't recommend them if they were the last car dealer in town - I could have taken a cab everywhere I went and saved money and frustration! Avoid them like the plague!

March 6, 2014

Sorry for your experience on your Buy Here Pay Here car. We do not and have never charged 29.99% interest. There are a lot of items that go into figuring out an interest rate on a vehicle, most important credit score. I would also like to state that we were never notified of any issues this customer was having with her vehicle. Maybe because it might have been past due? I offer a full service shop with discounted labor rates of $45.00 an hour on all Kings Kars vehicles. We are a local family owned business that tries to give people a second chance to reestablish there car credit.

don from Des Moines sub burb

by from Bondurant, Ia. |

I was very impressed with Kings Kars, they treated us very nicely and went out of their way to help us, and it was well worth the drive to Marion to buy a vehicle from them.

January 11, 2014

Thank you Don very much. We appreciate the review and comments. If there is anything we can do for you in the future please let us know. Kings Kars

new car

by from Marion, iA |

I just bought my second car from Kings. They are always easy to work with and gave me a great deal. I traded in my old car I bought from them close to the same price I had paid for the first time. I will keep buying my cars from them.

November 15, 2013

James, thank you for your review. As always it was a pleasure doing business with you.

Tons of problems with the car

by from Cedar Rapids |

I bought a ford escort from them, and every month when I went to pay it off, I had told them a new problem with the car. Nick didn't seem surprised at all. He said he'll repair it for a discounted price, which was higher than any other price I could find, and then he denied ever hearing about the problem or giving me an estimate. He sold me a car with a leaking gas tank, a leaking tire, no air filter, badly damaged rotor, really bad breaks, and needed a new speed and a heat sensor. I keep having more and more problems with it, and Nick hasn't been any help. Not to mention that car was overpriced as it was, without the problems. Never go to King's Kars, they're just looking for a profit.

October 27, 2013

"Sam" Sorry you had some problems with your buy here pay here vehicle. We do offer a discounted rate of 45.00 an hour for our service shop. Which is very affordable. I don't force anyone to buy anything. You have the right to test drive, inspect, and walk away from any of our vehicles. We have been in business for almost 10 years and I sell inexpensive vehicles. Come to Kings Kars where you can "Ride Like A King for Less"

Good Deal

by from Cedar Rapids, IA |

I have been looking for a car for over 2 months and found a great deal at Kings Kars. I was looking for Honda's and found a very well taken care of Accord. I drove it and it need a couple small repairs which they took care of for me before I even left the dealership. The price was perfect, and they where a nice family to work with.

Outstanding service and great price!

by from Bettendorf, Iowa |

I just finished college and purchased my first car with my parents, a Honda Civic from King's Kars, after seeing an affordable listing online at Cars.com. I was initially drawn in by the reasonable price point that I could not find in my own area, but my experience with Nick's dealership was far and away worth the two hour drive I made to find and buy the car! The car was as it appeared online: in great condition, well-serviced. Nick also negotiated on price to make the car fit my tight budget. The Koenighain's family-owned business is clearly based on personalized service and putting the customer first. From the test drive to financing, it's obvious that Nick doesn't just want to sell you a car, but takes the time to make sure your purchase is well-informed, honest, and personal. Best example of outstanding service: when the bank couldn't finish financing my purchase before the end of the business day, Nick and has family personally drove up to deliver the vehicle two hours to my home the next day! If you want warm service and great deals, definitely don't pass up Kings Kars in Cedar Rapids/Marion. I'm very happy with my car and glad I made the drive to find them!

Bought Dodge Neon

by from Marion, IA |

We just purchased a Neon for our daughter from Kings Kars. We shopped for several weeks and found this lot just driving by. We worked with a sales person named Nick and he was very nice and listened to what our daughter wanted. It was refreshing working with a family owned business. We got a great price and our overall satisfaction was excellent. We will diffently purchase another vehicle there.