Mills Auto Mart

(3.0) 2 Reviews

2040 Edgewood Ave North, Jacksonville, FL 32254

Stay Away!

by from Jacksonville,Fl |

Do not go here!!!!! If you are looking for an older car while cleaning up your credit, stay away!!!! I went to Mills Auto Mart due to the buy here pay here sign. They only had 2 cars on the lot that looked worth driving and I went around noon on a Saturday. My husband and I picked one of the two decent looking cars on the lot, completed paperwork and all required proof of income then waiting until after 6 pm. At that point they told us we were approved through a finance company but could not get all the loan documents until Monday. They then requested a deposit to hold the car until we got off work Monday at 5 pm. I refused to give them the entire deposit and only a deposit of $50. I then go to the lot at 4:30 pm Monday to be told by the owner he knew I was in a loaner car and would make sure I drove out with a car that night. So feeling assured I go get my mother and go back so that she could drive her car home. I then sit in the Lot (shack) until 8:30 pm with a "salesman" telling me the owner wasn't supposed to be back and he couldn't do anything, but good news! I was Approved! At 9:00 pm almost home, the owner calls stating he said he would have me in a car! I have a job...9pm was a little crazy to be surprised at that point I went home. It is now Wednesday afternoon. I keep calling requesting my deposit back and being talked into getting a car. I have been approved by a bank since Saturday and still lots of excuses why I do not have a car. The owner is never there, but he is the only one who can do anything such as: Get the Loan Documents, refund deposits, or tell you anything. When you call to find out the status the new salesman Edgar answers the phone as Brad and is very rude. I asked for my $50 back Monday upon leaving and was told I could get it tomorrow. Its Wednesday and I am told I can get it tomorrow. This is everyday! Do not waste your time! Go ANYWHERE else! I have now gotten approval at a real dealership and so grateful I did not give this joke of a lot my entire down payment as I thought it was strange to begin with.

great place

by from orange park |

this place isn't the fanciest place but they are so friendly and helpful. They had many used cars to choose from, and helped me find just the right one for my family and I. I think everyone should shop here from the area. I know I will next time.