Sewell Subaru

7800 Lemmon Ave., Dallas, TX 75209

New 866-453-9590
Used 888-753-2185
Service 877-260-0091

Obsessed with service since 1911.

Best car buying experience ever!

by from Mesquite, TX |

I recently purchased a pre-owned VW Golf TDI from Sewell Subaru and can't believe what a stress-free, pleasant experience it was. Paul Kim was calling my phone the instant I sent in an inquiry email from an alert I'd received. He was courteous and friendly, both on the phone and in person. The car was priced very fairly and they worked with me to get it within my budget and finalized a deal that was beyond my expectations. Great coordination between Sales and Financing. The dealership staff were all friendly and the premises were spotlessly clean and welcoming. The follow-up customer service, from both Paul Kim and another staff member, convinced me that Sewell really does want customers for life. Well, I am now a Sewell customer for life and will recommend their dealerships to anyone looking for an exceptional buying experience!

Best car buying experience ever!

by from Mesquite, TX |

not "obsessed with service"

by from Fort Worth, Texas |

The friendliness of the dealership was great I was helped out quickly and efficiently. The car I went to look at was a 07 Impreza wagon. Before I go any further let me give you my back ground. I am a mechanic and have been for the last 12 years I am not an auto mechanic but a graphic arts mechanic. I have always had used cars this Subaru is my 7th car and I have owned. The Impreza was exactly as it was stated in the add minus the smoke smell the took my breath away when I open the door, I am not a smoker but I decided to give the car a test drive any way do to it was a standard and it was what i was looking for plus it only had 38k miles on it which is amazing for 6 year old car. It test drove well and seemed to be everything they stated as a Sewell pre owned vehicle. I have never purchased a used car from a dealership nor have I purchased a smokers car. I talked to Chase about this worry I had and he assured me with 3 to 4 treatments they could get that smell out. I took him at his word. After the purchase of the car it came with a full coverage warranty for the first 1k miles not much but still lets you get anything fixed that you might find in that first month. around 947 miles it developed a problem where it would not start every time and the way I can get it to fire up is by leaving the key in the start position and then pump the clutch as if the proximity switch had a bad connection and or needed to be adjusted and set correctly. I took the car to the dealership to use that 1k warranty I showed the problem to Chase and he witnessed it but the problem is intermittent very much so. They kept it for a week and said they could not find anything wrong with it even though an employ of the company witnessed it. I needed my car back so I went to pick it up. As soon as it hit 1k they were done with the problem but it would still come and go but they wanted to charge now to fix it. Since I have purchased the vehicle about 1 year ago today I have had to replace the ignition coils, the battery, the ac is no longer charger and cold, it still smells of smoke, the starting problem still occurs randomly, it has a squeaking noise when I release the clutch pedal almost like a faint horn honking from behind me and the cd player no longer excepts cd?s. This is all with in less than a year. I don?t expect to get a cherry every time I buy a used car but I do expect a little more from a company that is "obsessed with service" there words not mine. So I asked chase to only fix the starting problem the one that he witnessed while it was under warranty and the one they said they couldn?t find. His reply was they couldn?t do it under warranty, but they could somehow magically fix it now but it would be at an associate?s rate and they would diagnose it for free. every one diagnoses any car for free if the work is done there, I declined and instead just ask them to go through the car and diagnose all the problems for free and I can fix them myself being I do not trust them with there skill set they have shown, do to they could not fix it the first time and couldn?t check for leaks in the ac system before they charged it letting it only last a year. After I asked for this basic service that most dealerships will do for 100 bucks bumper to bumper inspection he did not even reply back and or make an attempt to compromise. I don?t think I asked for too much. I personally would never suggest any one to purchase there vehicle there for they charge a premium price for the car that is not ready to be sold and then they won?t fix a problem they couldn?t find in tell the warranty is up If you want a Subi go to another shop, if you want any car I would not suggest this dealership On a side note there cookies in the waiting room are awesome!!! Jacob

March 6, 2014

Dear Valued Guest, Sewell takes customer service very seriously, and I apologize if you don't feel you received the service that we are dedicated to providing. Please call 214-902-6000 or email me at dveling@sewell.com so we can discuss your experience. Sincerely, Doug Veling General Manager

Used car customer

by from Dallas, TX |

Helpful, professional, respectful, and low pressure sales approach. Very knowledgeable about the brand, both Subaru and dealership. Clean, modern facilities with nice inventory.

Pleasant experience

by from Dallas TX |

I visited Sewell to test drive a car and had an overall very pleasant experience. The salesman listened carefully, made good suggestions, was low pressure, and was generally very helpful. I ultimately did not buy the car because I have a back problem and the car was not a good fit for me.

Good experience

by from Dallas, TX |

Good experience, might have spent a little more time there than I wanted but overall no real problems. Worked with Chase and he was very helpful.

It started so well... but look under surface

by from Dallas, TX |

Sewell has a well run ship. People greet customers at the door, the place seems open and friendly. I've not had repair work, but was impressed with what seemed like the level of detail reported on a vehicle that I was considering. The sales associates seem friendly and especially Randy was amazingly helpful. He is why I am giving 5 stars for customer service in what will eventually be a bad review for my later experience with Sewell. I walked into the dealership yesterday hoping to make the deal on the used vehicle that I had decided upon. I left very disappointed. Unfortunately, it seemed that Randy was not authorized to close the deal with me, I had to work with the sales manager that I'll call "R". I have an unusual credit situation which "R" didn't bother to take the time to ask and learn. He pushed that I needed to use their banks to try for a different loan as my bank would only loan up to the NADA guidelines and their asking price was $3,500 above NADA. Instead of finding workable solutions or treating me like a human being, he just kept aggressively pushing what he thought would be the solution. I believe this is an actual quote, "If I call in my favors, If I pull the trigger and ask my banks to work out a loan for you, you have to tell me that you are on board right now." I felt that his manner was overly pushy, underly inquisitive and ultimately repulsive. I left without my car. There are at least 5 workable solutions that I could later think of which would have given me my car at their asking price. "R" was too pushy with his agenda to bother figuring any of them out with me. The experience was so bad that I will never do business with any of the Sewell dealerships. I assume that "R" is a manager because this type of overly aggressive behavior is rewarded by the Sewell organization and there is a problem in the Sewell culture. I think the nice front door just masks a business-as-usual typical pushy used car dealership. Beware.

February 26, 2013

Dear Customer, Thank you for sharing your feedback. At Sewell, customer service is our top priority, and we are sorry that your experience with our Pre-Owned department was less than satisfactory. We hope that we can rectify the issue offline. Sincerely, Dennis DeCet, General Sales Manager, Sewell Infiniti (972) 455-6328 and Doug Veling, General Manager, Sewell Subaru (214) 366-7001

Great Customer Sales People

by from Keller TX |

Notified us that a used vehicle matching our needs would be available soon at their dealership. Notified us that it was there. Invited us to look at it "as it came in". Told us what they were doing to prepare it. Then called us when it was ready for sale to come look at it, at our convenience. Vehicle was pretty much perfect and spotless, in amazing near-perfect condition for a several-year-old car. We grabbed it up and have not been disappointed. Great salesman (Craig Martin), great car in great condition. Our second vehicle from a Sewell dealership, an excellent experience as was our first experience with a Sewell dealership. Sewell - Thank you for your high standards.

What is the point of an inspection

by from Gilmer, TX |

Bought a used car from them. They said they did a 107 point inspection on the car. It had bad back tires, breaks are squeaking, and it shows to be behind on service by 14000 miles. Not what I would have expected from this dealership. They fixed the crack in the back but would have not done nothing had I not noticed it. Somehow the vehicle passed inspection but that is all I can really tell was done to it. I sent message to my salesman and to another salesman from the same company and no response to my issues. I would not recommend this dealership at all.

May 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your dissatisfaction. We take our clients? comments very seriously in an effort to improve our service to you. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations and would like to discuss the matter further. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at 972-455-6311. - Rick Cowart, General Manager.

Great Dealership

by from Fort Worth, TX |

The process was simple. There was never any pressure or hassle in purchasing our vehicle.