Crown Motor Company

4818 Troup Hwy, Tyler, TX 75703

New 888-752-4329
Used 888-726-6416
Service 888-697-5182

Crown Motor Company. Great people. Great service.

great place

by from Longview |

The crown Kia of Tyler is an awesome place. I just purchased a 2013 Kia soul and I love it....Travis and Aaron where awesome and so so helpful. The numbers they told me is exactly what it was when paper work printed nothing was hidden at all they went out of their way to help me and I appreciate it so much...

Couldn't buy a car with cash or outside financing

by from Fort Worth |

Drove all the way out to Tyler from Ft Worth based on what the rep told me about the car. 2 hour drive later I was being told they wouldn't sell me the car cash or with my own financing. Now to be fair that was on their listing, but they said they could beat my Bank's (Chase). They weren't even close. (my Bank 2.8% their bank 6%) Very disappointing!

Poor service & management

by from Kilgore Texas |

I purchased a 2012 VW Passat from Crown in 2012. They took care of all service work in a professional manor. However, they quit handling VW business and sewrvice work sometime around March 1st. My Passat broke down the evening of March 10th. I was forced to have it halued and logically sent it to Crown. The morning of March 11th i recieved a call from Crwon explaining they were no longer handling VW business. This forced me to pay for the Passat to be hauled to another dealer at my cost. Why didn't they conact current customers to let them know they were no longer in business. I recently shut down an OIlField business here in E TX and spent a day calling all customers. Is that too much to ask? I called to find out where my Passat was taken and have been put on multi minute (dead air) hold. Poor management folks.

What they say is what you get. Thank goodness!

by from Mineola, Tx |

The last time we tried to buy a new car (18 years ago) two different dealerships lost our business because what they told us in the parking lot looking at the car was NOT the numbers they gave us when we started the paperwork. So for 18 years we've only gotten used cars from family and friends we trusted. We were really nervous about trying to buy a new car again and we were ready to walk away at the hint of impropriety. But Rick Cassell and Christian Sturm really won us over. They were very open and honest with the numbers. They showed us different options within what we wanted for our budget. Their financing deal beat our credit union's! And when we went to sign the papers with Justin, he was very patient, let us read EVERY word, and explained anything whenever we had a question. It was a very easy, no pressure, transaction...and I love my new car....and I didn't have to drive to Dallas in search of a better deal. Their deal beat McKinney, Hurst, Mesquite, and two other dealerships we were looking at.

Unsatisfactory Service

by from Tyler, Texas |

I have a Kia Sorento with 15,000 miles and received my 3rd service. Picked up my car that I asked for service and tire rotation. No tire rotation performed. Oil hand print on hood, oil smudges on the insde console, and dripping oil on my floor. Called to complain. I counld not get through to Service or General manager except through voicemail that was full and could not leave a message. I did get a response when I filed a complaint with KIA. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEIR SERVICE. No quality control or cusomer satisfaction review. Went back in for my Rebate for mileage and was met at the door by a service guy with pizza in his mouth and hand while he took care of me. Not impessed. Nothing seems to get their attention. Maybe this will.

Great sales people

by from Tyler, TX |

I found myself at Crown one night while looking for a Kia Soul. I happened to run into a sales person named Jamie Berry who was on his way home, but stopped to see if we needed some help. He then stayed about an hour after they had closed helping us look at different cars. He had a great personality and was very knowledgeable about the cars. I did end up buying a new 2012 Kia Soul there today, which I am very satisfied with so far. The only complaint was the little bit of the run around we got while trying to buy the car, but you'll get that anywhere. To anyone looking for a car be sure to do your research and a great place to start is to order a car report from consumer reports. It's a great way to know where to start on your price haggling. Overall great experience, I'd recommend my salesperson to anyone looking for a car.

Great Service Department.

by from Tyler Texas |

I like to shop at Crown really for one reason. It is not because of the sales team on the Kia side of the dealership. I think the sales team for Kia treats their customers as lesser educated than they do with the Volkswagon side of the dealership. I think the reason is that those that buy Volkswagon's are more likely college educated and have better credit and the Kia customers are more likely to have only a high school education and poorer credit and this seems to be the underlying cause for the difference in treatment between the two sides of the dealership. I however do like Kia autos and put up with the sales staff at Kia, after all, you only deal with the sales staff in the initial purchase and the rest of the time it is with the service department. I am extremely pleased with the service department at Crown Kia in Tyler and they are the reason along with liking the car, that I return. If not for the service department, I would have to go to another Kia dealership or look at buying a different brand. I hope Jack King will look into the sales staff at Kia and find out why they do not treat all their customers with great service. A special thanks to the service department at Crown Kia in Tyler. I do recommend Crown to others all the time for the service department.