Classic Toyota

1717 West Sw Loop 323, Tyler, TX 75701

New 877-298-3127
Used 877-316-3947
Service 888-311-5480

We believe in the Platinum Rule ! We strive to give you service over and above what you expect!

Excellent customer service and service department!

by from Tyler, Texas |

I had repetitive problems with my 2014 RAV 4 USB port and after another dealership worked on it and it was still malfunctioning, I took it to Classic for repair. I was in town and had a lot of errands to run so they generously gave me a rental car for the day at no cost and that also allowed them to take the time they needed to diagnose the problem. They even called in their IT guy to work on it and it led them to believe the issue was my phone and not the USB. The IT guy sat in my car with me for over an hour, updated the firmware on my phone, and we eventually isolated the issue as being a problem with my Galaxy. Instead of patting me on the back and sending me on my way, the IT guy connected me with his friend at Verizon who had a new phone en route to me the same day at no charge! They went above and beyond what I could have asked them to do and I am beyond pleased with their service. I highly recommend Classic Toyota and David Hawkins.

Great service

by from Tyler, TX |

I had a great experience buying my first new car. The salesman Michael Coates did an excellent job at helping me find the right car. He even helped me learn how to drive a standard transmission.

Poor service, disrespectful employees

by from Tyler, TX |

I found a new car that I really wanted. So I contacted the closest dealer to where I live, Classic Toyota in Tyler, TX. The car sold itself, not the salesperson. I had to find someone to work with, no one approached me. I had to beg for service. The guy that gave me his card and attention was a young man who was not a qualified salesman. He was disrespectful and VERY unprofessional. Nevertheless, I knew what I wanted so I gave him many chances to win me over. It never happened. He had the exact car I wanted, however. I worked out a deal. He pushed and slurred and ridiculed at every turn. About the time we should've signed the paperwork I had had enough. We walked out, as the salesman laughed. I have never been so humiliated. The dealership lost out on a new car deal. And I feel better. This is not my first rodeo. I have purchased three new cars in the last ten years and have never had this kind of experience. I will not be back. The public needs to know.........

June 23, 2014

Spoke with this customer on the phone about her and her husbands experience. She said she didn't want to get the rep fired but wanted us to know about their visit and how it cost us a sale. I was embarrassed upon hearing the details about our sales reps actions. I assured her we don't fire employees for making mistakes but use the experience to train them on how to get better. The sales rep is a newer employee trained at another car store. He didn't deny any of the facts. He went on to say "that's how they did things at the previous employers". We went over Classics mission statement, "we are here to serve our customers" and he says he understands. We hope the customer friendly atmosphere he will be in everyday at Classic will help him provide better customer service. I sincerely apologize again to this family and regret the lack of service and professionalism they witnessed. We have over 200 employees at Classic and train them to get better at what they do everyday. Scott Reed GSM

A recall? More like a ripoff.

by from Tyler, TX |

A recall on a Toyota switch that may cause a fire generated some excellent income for Classic Toyota of Tyler from this individual. My son took the vehicle in. No appointment but they promised to work him in. For some reason the service department did a multi points inspection of the vehicle. (They said the customer approved it, and it is possible my son shook his head when asked if they could do it.) My son calls me and informs me that he has been told that there are some serious problems that need serviced. The brake pads were down to 1mm and 2mm. And the water pump was leaking. I then asked how much this would cost. My son asked the service person, and a quote of $881 was given to him (verbal of course). I asked if that was for brakes and pump, which my son relayed to the service person and the answer was yes. (I heard in the background.) With a two hour time frame. Four (4) hours later, the bill was $1056.11, only the front brakes and the water pump replacement was performed. I had also asked my son to get the worn down parts for me to review and to show my son for ?educational? purposes. The first response was they would see what they could do, and then later when my son asked he was told that they could not do that. A call was received from the dealership asking about the service. When I informed the caller that I was not happy and the reasons why, she informed me she would get the service department to call me. I had my son return the call as he was the one who was involved, and the service manager stated that there seemed to be some miscommunication. When I talked to my son afterwards, my son stated that the service rep stated that my son did not hear correctly what the amount was to be, (if you tell someone that they have problems that need handled and you only quote for one repair, are they as bad as you make it sound). But I heard my son ask for a price on all repairs and heard the amount myself. Then when my son asked about the ?bad parts being returned?, the service rep stated he put them in a box and put them in the truck. After performing a thorough search of the truck, NO BOX WAS FOUND. So to replace a switch that was a recall item, $1056.11 was spent on front brake and water pump repairs. $732 of that was for labor (for 4 hours, that?s $183 per hour) and the balance was for parts and taxes. So be careful when you go to get your recall items handled, or any repairs. Get everything in writing. Check your vehicle before you leave, especially if you have the gall to ask for the ?bad? parts. But I must say, they did give us a frame for the license plate. But I think I paid for it somewhere in this process.

Great Service!!!! Awesome Salesman!!!!

by from Jacksonville , TX |

Leo Martinez is the BEST SALESMAN, every thing I wanted in a car. The process was great. I left this dealership feeling like our business mattered. Thank you CLASSIC TOYOTA , VERY HAPPY CISTOMERS.

January 22, 2014

Dear McCullough's, Thank you for your kind review! We are so pleased to hear that your experience at Classic Toyota was nothing short of exceptional and that Leo Martinez was able to help you find a vehicle that meets your needs. From all of us at Classic Toyota, thank you so much for your business and please give us a call if you ever need anything else!

Highly recommended and excellent salesmen

by from 8199 Bellflower Road |

It was a great and pleasant period to complete a purchase of Toyota Tundra truck from Classic Toyota. Dave Jevnikar was excellent, patient, cool and pleasant salesman including his manager Brian. Their approach was excellent, very thorough, very descriptive, convincing and highly recommended. Classic Toyota is the place to visit and buy.

Great place to purchase a car, excellent salesmen

by from 8199 Bellflower Road |

Best Car Buying Experience Ever

by from Tyler, Texas |

Being 2 senior citizens, we have purchased many cars in our lifetimes. But we both were quite pleasantly surprised when we dealt with Woody Woodruff at Classic Toyota in Tyler, Texas. He is our idea of the perfect salesman who let us look and shop and test drive without pressure, patronization, or hovering. He made himself available to answer questions or assist us as needed without being annoying or pushy. Woody was knowledgeable, efficient, and polite. We wrote the dealership after our purchase telling them that we had always put car buying in the same category as root canals and IRS audits, but that salesman Woody Woodruff had changed that for us!

January 22, 2014

Dear Happy Camper, Thank you for your kind words regarding your purchase experience at Classic Toyota, your feedback means the world to us! We are so happy to hear that Woody Woodruff was accommodating and able to provide you with all of the information you needed while deciding to purchase your new car. Should you need anything else in the future, please do not hesitate to give us a call or come see us again. We appreciate your business and wish to welcome you to the Classic family!

Very bad experience

by from Tyler tx |

I called to see if you dealership had a land cruiser that I was looking for and to buy it for my company. I got sent to a girl in customer service named Amanda or something along those lines. Not a salesperson but someone in customer service well she couldn't tell me if that vehicle was at your dealership or get me with someone who knew. I never got any of my questions answered I was put on hold for a long time without a response. I just wanted to know if the vehicle was there so I could go buy it. I live in Tyler so I wanted to do my business locally but this girl was rude, not helpful at all, and kept laughing and talking about stuff I really didn't need to know. I took my business to Dallas since I never got the answers I needed from your employee. I got really frustrated. I needed to just know if the car was there to go buy it. I already knew what I wanted and was ready to buy on the spot just didn't want to go if the vehicle wasn't there I own a business and I can't be wasting my time like that. So my business was lost. I hope that's not how business is handled for a lot of buyers will be lost. And I hope something is done about that rude girl because instead of doing good she is running away customers like me

October 17, 2013

I am very disappointed about how your phone inquiry was handled. Amanda is very good at her position and has performed without any customer complaint for 5 years. I thank you for bringing the experience to my attention, I will be pursuing an explanation at once from our telephone staff. All of our calls are recorded and kept for quality control purposes. If you would, please let me know the day you called in and that way I can listen to the call and be able to discuss it with the entire team. Our goal is to serve our clients with the best processes and training possible. I look forward to discussing the matter with you more. Sincerely, Scott Reed General Sales Manager 9032538299 personal cell scott_reed@classictoyotatyler.com

Excellent Buying Experience!

by from Rockwall, Tx |

Great customer care, Gary Whitaker was my salesperson and did everything I asked, even had a vehicle brought in from another dealership just for me to look at, I purchased that vehicle at a great price and got top dollar for my trade. I live in the metroplex and stopped by Classic on a whim while I was in Tyler on business, I had planned on purchasing at a dealershipship closer to home. Needless to say they must have done everything right to earn my business. I highly recommend you giving Classic a chance at your business if you are in the market for a new Toyota, I'm certainly glad I did.