Vandergriff Honda

1104 West I-20, Arlington, TX 76096

New 214-393-9295
Used 214-446-2952
Service 855-315-9243

"Where you always get more!"

Worst car buying experience one can have.

by from Arlington, TX |

On April 19, 2014, I went into Vandergriff Honda to purchase a 2003 Nissan 350z they had in their inventory. The salesman(Eddie Vargas) and others said ?You have nothing to worry about? with the purchase of the vehicle but we still requested and left the lot with a 6 month "Platinum" warranty. They did not give us a copy of any purchasing paperwork or contract because they told us it would be mailed to us, which it never was. On 04/23/2014 (4 days later), We were told by the Finance Manager(Brian Ino) that he had "great news" and that our interest rate and monthly payment on the vehicle had gone down and that we would need to drive back to the dealership which is over 2 hours away to re-sign the contract. On 04/26/2014, When we had arrived at the dealership, we were taken into a room with the finance manager(Salah Hoque) and he made sure to point out the new interest rate and monthly payment. He then left the room while we sign the contract. After closer inspection, we then noticed they had removed the warranty on the second contract. When he had returned, we asked him why the warranty was no longer on the contract and his response was "The bank denied you the warranty because your car has too many miles on it." We then asked if there is any other available warranty for us to purchase, and we were told ?No. There is no warranty you can purchase?. We then spoke with the used car sales manager(Russell Spargo) about 2 minor problems the vehicle had which were the passenger window motor, and passenger power seat switch and we requested these items be fixed. He agreed and wrote out a repair order for us to take to the Nissan dealership in Killeen. Again after resigning the contract we still never received any copies of purchase paperwork because ?they will be mailed to you later.? Which they never were. On 05/05/14, We took the vehicle to the Nissan service department to get the car repaired. After numerous phone calls to Vandergriff Honda to have the repair authorized, we were constantly ignored and were left waiting for the dealership to authorize the repair. The car sat at the Nissan Dealership for over a week and a half while waiting for Vandergriff Honda to authorize the repair. Vandergriff Honda finally authorized the repair payment and we were able to pick up the car over a very minor repair on 05/14/2014. On 07/01/2014, We were driving on the freeway when the A/C began to blow hot air. Seconds later, we heard a lot of loud noises coming from the engine and before we had the chance to pull over, the entire vehicle locked up in the middle of the freeway, in a construction zone. We struggled to pull the car over on the shoulder. I checked the oil and the oil level was fine. The car's temperature gauge never went up and the battery had power. When I attempted to start the car, all we heard was a single thump. The vehicle was unable to even crank. We had the car towed to our house and called the dealership and spoke with the salesman(Eddie Vargas) about what happened but he very rudely responded with "Oh well, That's too bad, We tried to sell you a warranty but you denied it." and he hung up. We then had the car towed to a shop to get diagnosed. We were told that the engine threw a rod and the car needs a new engine after only owning it for less than 2 and a half months and before the second payment of the car was ever made. We have tried everything to get this dealership to make it right. I spoke with the used car manager(Brandon Guzman) and told him the situation and told him how they tried to sneak the warranty off of the contract. He asked if the finance manager(Salah Hoque) offered us to make payments on a warranty. When I told him what the finance manager told us, he said that he would make this right. We receive a call from him 3 days later and were told the only thing they can offer us is a discount on the repair from a Nissan Dealership.

Eddie Vargus review

by from Arlington Texazs |

Totally satified thus far. I purchased my vechicle a few days ago. At this point in time I a satisfied with the service rendered.

Continuous mailings against our wishes!

by from Arlington TX |

After MANY calls, this business does not stop their direct advertising to us. They also added our e-mail to their mailing list, after a visit to the service dept, without our permission. Finally, we were able to stop the electronic mail, but the paper mail continues, now also at the national level. When addressing our concerns on their Facebook site, there were no replies, instead we were blocked from posting comments on their Facebook! AVOID this business!

Service Review

by from Arlington, Tx |

Daniel Higgins was a great Service advisor. He got me in and out in an hour. He found a battery that would not pass inspection and fixed it by getting me a new one. I would bring my 2012 CRV to him soon to get other repairs done. He was friendly and upfront with me.

Have Faith Again!!!

by from Arlington |

Veron Shorter (Service Advisor) gave me FAITH in this Arlington Service Center again! Last two times I came for service, I felt a hard sell to get repairs that were not necessary. I felt like the person helping me was like a used car person pressuring me to get things done for their profit. Even investigated other places to go to get my car serviced even though I have been going to the service center since it was on division street (1992). Decided to try the service center again... thank goodness I got Vernon. He has a down to earth customer service nature where he really listens to you and has a great attention to details along with follow through. When I first got to the service center, made sure Veron knew I had a coupon, he instantly made me feel comfortable by saying a woman used the same coupon earlier and saved a lot of money. That made me smile because I knew he understood how I valued coupon savings! Then when the mechanic discovered a transmission leak he offered to show me it which I declined because I was in the middle of working while I was waiting.... without me even saying anything he offer to get me a rental car so that I could go back to work while my car was being fixed. He doesn't even know how much stress he took from me!!! Every single step that day I felt he was on top of it...... When I left that day he told me to not hesitate to call if I had a questions or concerns. Then he followed up three days later!!! Never once did I feel he was trying to upsell me or get me to fix things that were not necessary instead he concentrated on making me have a stress free car repair service experience. What I did leave with that day, was feeling that I just experienced excellent customer service which would inspire me to come back. Hope Veron's management recognizes his temperament and quality of customer service he provides. If you want repeat customers please model your advisors after him!!! Stop the hard sell approach and instead focus on stress free car repair experience!!! Please give Veron a raise so that I know he will be there when my next service appointment is due. Veron is greatly appreciated! Keep doing what you are doing!!! It is the right way!!!

Extreme disappointment

by from Arlington, TX |

I have been a long time Vandergriff Honda customer. I have serviced and purchased vehicles there since 2005. In July of this year (2013), I took my 2002 CRV in for a complete checkup. (I had loaned it to a friend and did not think it had been taken care of in the manner I would.) I requested all the fluids be checked and changed and had about $2000.00+ worth of work done to it. Approximately 2000 miles later my husband took it in to have the brakes and transmission checked. We spent another large sum on vehicle maintenance. My husband was told that the transmission fluid was ?filthy? and that filth was indicative of some leaking seal and other transmission problems. My husband reviewed the July receipt with the service writer, showing him that the transmission fluid was allegedly changed in July. We were not charged full price for the ?second? change of transmission fluid. Approximately 1500 miles later my husband took the vehicle to a Honda dealership in Wyoming to have it winterized. Voila, the transmission fluid was pristine. We will not be using any of the Vandergriff dealerships for anything in the future. I now refer to it as Vandergraft Honda.

Vandergriff Honda responded to this review

October 24, 2013

Dear Cynthia Stevens, We are sorry to hear that you had a less than excellent experience in our service department. Each of our customers is a valued part of our operation and should be treated as such. Your experience is not normal practice for us and we apologize that you did not receive the level of service you expected. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experience. Please call our Service Director Frank Garza 817-461-2323. Thank you, Vandergriff Honda

Great service

by from Arlington, Tx. |

I never bought a car from Vandergriff Honda only because they did not have the vehicle I was looking for. I did however talk a lot with their sales team and I was impressed how quick and friendly they were. They were very nice and I never felt pressured at all. I would definitely recommend them to every one I know.

Never retuned info request

by from Ft worth |

Requested information on a crv I saw online. Was very interested in buying it but they never returned my request. The salesman online chat just wanted to pass me off and did not answer any of my questions. Just wanted my email address don't know why he never emailed me. Anyways found same year and options on the same crv at carmax for 3000 cheaper

broke word every step of the way

by from Arlington, TX |

We bought a 2013 Accord at Vandergriff Honda in June of 2013. Initially, we negotiated a walk-out price via email. We confirmed that all we had to do was show up and pick out the color. When we showed up, picked out the color, they added $4k to the price and then circled the fine print saying it was a base price. After walking out and the manager finding us with the email chain indicating the walk-out price, they offered to honor the original deal. Then they said they could not honor it, but would give us the car on the lot for only an additional $500 above their mistake price. Then they said, they would not honor this new offer and would bring in a different car from elsewhere with almost all the same features - fortunately, we didn't care about the discrepancy in the features. All this within about 90 minutes!! So then we go back to the finance office were we got some deals on warranty and the neat skylink anti-theft system, etc. OK, we're happy and know the pain should be over and we'll pick up our new car later in the day. After calling the dealer several times after the time they told us they would call, they finally told us the car was in and only had to go through the wash. So we pack up the kids and go to pick up the new car. Only the car in the wash was for someone else!! The next day, the car is there and ready. Now they have the VIN and can complete the paper work...fine one more signature!! Then they say they won't honor the deals they offered in the finance office. OK, that's it, give me back my deposit, I'm leaving!! In reply, they decide to honor the finance offer. Fast forward 3 weeks. Where is the letter/communication activating the skylink? Where is the call/mailing saying the plates are in (which should have been in after 5-10 days after delivery). More calls to the dealer: plates aren't in (received letter next day saying plates are in); they will activate skylink. Fast forward 2 more weeks: what's up with skylink? they say skylink was never installed and we need to bring car back and wait 90minutes for them to install it. The only redeeming part of this whole fiasco is that Vandergriff tried to make up for their incompetence each step of the way.

Vandergriff Honda responded to this review

August 26, 2013

Dear Tom S., Thank you for the comment regarding your sales experience at Vandergriff Honda. I would like to apologize for our staff's dropping of the ball in your vehicle purchase. We do appreciate you leaving a review as any and all customer feedback is vital to us in improving our sales, parts and service departments. Our dealership's sales process is an area of constant refinement and enhancement as we strive to make the buying of our premium automobiles as smooth and efficient as the vehicles that we sell and service. Please contact me at your earliest convenience as I would like to discuss your sales experience with you in further detail. Thank you, Yuni Chon General Sales Manager 817-461-2323

Just Be Honest

by from Fort Worth |

On Thursday 8-15-13 I went to Vandergriff Honda in Arlington to buy a cash car. As I approached the entrance, I was greeted by a salesman. He ask if he could help me. I told him I was looking for a cash car between 5 and 6 thousand dollars. He said they just sent some used cars to auction but he would check to see what was left on the lot as soon as he finish some paper work. I sat for about 30 minutes with no help. Salesmen would walk by and speak and keep walking. Nobody ask if I've been helped or if I needed some help. Finally a young salesman walked over and ask if I've been helped. I told him that I spoke to someone over 30 minutes ago about buying a used vehicle. He said they were probably looking over the inventory. Well 20 minutes go by and still no help. He finally came back over to me and said he would help. We went outside and looked at several vehicles. We finally settled on a 2005 Pontiac Vibe. After the test drive, I said I would buy it if they fixed a few minor repairs including the check engine light. We went inside and completed the paper work. Since the salesman who helped me didn't come in until 11:00am the next day, I decided to wait until he came to work to finalize the sale and get the vehicle. About 11:15 the next day, he called to see if I was still coming in. I told him I would be there within 30 minutes. I had a friend drop me off since I would be driving the vehicle home. We went into the finance office and completed the paper work. The salesman went to get the vehicle. About 15 later, he returned and said the vehicle wasn't ready. The mechanic said it wouldn't be ready until Monday at the earliest. I told him that was unacceptable. I wanted to speak with management. After speaking with management, he explained that they wanted to make sure the vehicle was properly checked before they released it. He said they could probably have it ready by Saturday. I ask to speak with the mechanic who was going to work on the vehicle. They sent the shop foreman instead. I told him I didn't want to buy a vehicle if I was going to have problem with it six months later that would cost me more than what it's worth. He said once he put it on the monitor he could fix the problem that exists at that time. Six months from now it could be something else. He promised to include what he fixed with the final invoice. Saturday around 2:00pm I called to speak with the salesman. He was busy with a customer. He finally called back about 45 minutes later. I ask if the vehicle was ready. He said he would check and call me back. Around 5:30pm he called and said the vehicle would not be ready until Monday. He went on to say it's taking so long because there were 14 more used vehicle they were working on ahead of me. I knew then that there was something wrong with the vehicle that they were not telling me. When I told him when I purchased the vehicle on Thursday, I was suppose to pick it up Friday morning. He became upset and said he never promised me the vehicle would be ready on Friday. At that moment, I lost ALL respect for Vandergriff Honda. Why would I close a deal on Thursday knowing I can't get the vehicle until Monday at the earliest? I truly believe the owner of the vehicle traded it in because it was going to cost more to fix than what the vehicle was worth. Today (8-19-13) I will be there when the doors open to cancel the contract. Since I never drove the vehicle off the lot, technically it still belongs to them even though it's paid for. If they would have been honest up front, we could have work together. But what it came down to was a young salesman trying to meet his quota for the month and a dealership trying to get rid of a lemon.