Vandergriff Honda

1104 West I-20, Arlington, TX 76096

New 214-393-9295 New 214-393-9295
Used 214-446-2952 Used 214-446-2952
Service 855-315-9243 Service 855-315-9243

"Where you always get more!"

Don't even waste your time

by from Arlington, TX |

Thankfully we did not purchase our vehicle from Vandergriff. Seeing as Vandergriff is the closest Honda dealer to our home we decided to do our service there, plus the previous owners of our vehicle faithfully used this place for all maintenance. We go in for an oil change and the new car sales people are after us. They claim they can get us in a new van for as much or less than what we are currently paying. We have some time to spare while waiting so we are shown a new van. Nothing much different from our 2011 besides a blind spot camera, push button start, and a touch screen display. The new car sales person tries to explain that our 2011 just isn't as safe as this brand new van. He continues to put down the 2011 model and makes it sound like it is some sort of mobile death trap. We say whatever and go inside to talk numbers and after an hour and a half of back and forth junk where he has his finance person come in to talk to us we are $50 above our current payment and nowhere near done with a deal. I demand my keys back from the finance person who reluctantly agrees to go find them. Our service department experience was horrible. We declined the $120 air filter change (do people actually pay that?) and after the service was done they try to say that the two week old wiper blades are worn and want to sell us new ones. I always feel that if you are going to be shady about the little things you are going to be shady over the larger ones and you will not be getting any of my business. I discovered when we got home that the information on the receipt wasn't even ours. Not our names, address, phone number, email address. It is all the previous owners information. I'm sure Tim is wondering why he is getting an email for service on the van he traded in last summer. Several days after the attempt to sell us a brand new car I got a call from a sales manager who gave me a little attitude when I said I wasn't interested in something that was almost identical to what I had. Why would I pay $10-15,000 more for a vehicle that isn't much different from what I have? He said "Humph, well there are some significant differences between this and what you have." I researched extensively before purchasing our vehicle and if I felt for a second that it wasn't safe I would never put my children in it. These sales people need to learn how to sell Honda and not try to push me into a new car purchase with a push button start (is it that hard to turn a key these days?), lane departure warning (I can't say this is a major issue I have while driving), blind spot camera (I always look before moving lanes and if I am not sure I don't go), and front collision warning (I do not dig in my purse or take my eyes off the road while driving because I am DRIVING). I tried reaching out to the general manager after posting a review online that one of his employees responded to. The first person who answered the phone said I doubt he will take your call, the operator said let me page him and sent me to another person who said I'll take your information but I don't know if he will get back to you. Is that really the customer service stand this place has? I'll pass. If the general manager isn't willing to answer my complaints and back his dealership I will gladly go back to the place where I purchased my vehicle and continue to give them my business.

Vandergriff Honda responded to this review

March 23, 2015

Hello Judy, it saddens me to hear of your recent negative experience in our sales and service departments. I would very much like to discuss your complaints with you, as any feedback is good feedback, and will help us grow as a dealership. I have been trying to reach you, but have been unsuccessful. If you could please contact me at your earliest convenience, so that we can discuss your visit. Thank you, Yuni Chon - General Manager (866) 739-2608.

Service and Repair of a Door

by from Arlington, TX |

Ray Rendon was a good Service Advisor. He took my CRV in without an appointment and had it out by 1:00pm the same day.

Vandergriff Honda responded to this review

July 31, 2015

Brian, Thanks for sharing your experience at Vandergriff Honda and we look forward to seeing you again!

Pass the Buck

by from Dallas TX |

It all started wonderful. They are all about getting you into a car but that's about where it ends. After buying my vehicle from this dealership I started to experience troubles out of a car that I haven't even had 60 days. After being brushed off and discouraged from having my vehicle serviced by the dealership I purchased my vehicle from while I was picking up my licenses plates to be told to take it to ford. Upon setting up an appointment with the service team driving an hour to get to the dealership all before having to be at work at 12. I pretty much told that my warranty that I purchased wouldn't cover the repair and the dealership wouldn't either. Service passed me to sales sales sent me to finance and NONE were of any assistance. I was never given a choice of what plan level I wanted and no one could do anything. How would I know that you sold me a car with a faulty wheel sensor after a simple test drive ? NOT impressed with the service it's all about a sell to them and once you sign the line the kick you to the wolves and can care less. The ONLY person I would ever deal with again is the service advisor Mike he is clearly the only person interested in helping the customer. The original service advisor that I spoke with the day before didn't even show up the next day after telling me he would be there to assist me after explaining what was going on. BAD service would never recommend them.

Worst car lot with the worst attitudes

by from Fort Worth, TX |

I called a sales rep from this dealership that a friend reffered me to I explain to her (Anna Lane) that I needed a vehicle, mine had started acting up. I provided her with all my info over the phone and she called me back Stated that I needed a co signer. I got the co signer then she called back to let me know I had been approved. My reasons for doing this by phone is to make sure my time is not being waisted along with someone elses . When I got there she showed me a beautiful 2011 Honda Accord which I was satisfied with after 22 days of riding in this car she called me back told me I needed to bring the car back because they should not have put me in a used var in the first place. I was so excited about the car at first so she told me they would have to put me in a brand new car we switched to a 2014 Honda Accord Lx So once again I am excited my very first new car to afraid from the first experience I was kind of hesitant about taking ownership of this vehicle. My payments went up about 100.00 dollars or little over with 3000.00 dollars down which was explained from the start I didn't have. So I decided to walk away from the sale and take my trade back so she comes out with this payment without the down payment which I sucked up and said OK. I asked her will this be the last time I had to come in and do this switched she replied yes. So 3 days after signing the paper work she calls back and told me I had to bring this car back. Omg my heart was crushed. So I called every place I could to find out if they could do this. I spoke to one of the managers named Michael he didn't want to hear what I had to say he hung up in my face. Then the GM called me Yuni Chong he was nice but still trying to get to bring back MY CAR I HAD A CONTRACT SIGNED FOR BACK. SO I finally gave up and said OK just have my trade ready o will pick it up. Then he called back and told me it was OK I just had to re sign a new contract payment went up to 700.00 dollars. Really? After fighting with it just signed the contract and I left. As long as I have breathe in my body I will never buy another vehicle from the ever again. Then not to mention they still owe me a full tank of gas. When plates came in I went to pick them up they tolde to take them to service and someone will put them on. I guess they picked the rudest person to do it. He had a real nasty attitude. I don't go there period for nothing and I WILL NOT REFER ANYONE THERE EITHER. JOE NORMAN THE FINACE MANAGER WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO ACT AS IF HE CARED EVERYONE ELSE NEED TO LEARN FROM HIM JOE LET ME KNOW WHERE YOU ARE AFTER U LEAVE THERE AND THANK YOU SO MUCH.

excellent

by from Arlington, Texas |

I went to Vandergriff Honda after leaving Hyundai Motors, and they sold me the best car ever. A highly trained, Used cars sales manager and friendly salesperson A.J. were awesome, they are very attentive so much I left a bible at the front desk. I am so glad that they truly believe in great customer service, and are ecstatic about serving their customers. I agree with them that the customer is always right, so I would highly recommended them to everyone looking, searching, and seeking a new car, especially after the labour day blow out special once in a lifetime deal they had this past labor day, this is by far the best auto dealership in texas, hands down.

Excellent experience

by from Midlothian, Texas |

I don't usually write reviews, but this experience was so great, I had to write this! This was honestly the best car buying experience I've ever had. If you're in the market for a Honda, go see Victoria! She will take great care of you!! Most of this deal was done over the phone and email. I didn't want to spend half the day in the dealership and have a bunch of back and fourth. Clyde, the sales manager was honest and worked with me to sell their vehicle to me for an outstanding price. Victoria was excellent, honest, prompt, professional, and friendly!! The gentleman in finance was professional and not pushy. Like I said, excellent experience at Vandergriff Honda!

Amazing Customer Service!

by from Grand Prairie, TX |

Victoria was amazing! She was patient and understanding. She was helpful and calming during the new car purchase process. Victoria assisted me in making sure I had the right vehicle for my budget and my needs. I would certainly recommend her to anyone that I knew was purchasing a new vehicle. I am so happy that I met her, and I appreciate that even after the purchase she follows up and makes me feel like I'm the only customer she has. Thank you Vandergriff for introducing me to a great salesperson that values customer service.

Satisfied

by from Fort Worth, TX |

I just purchased a 2014 Accord EX-L Navi and the dedication from the sales manager Hung Nguyen locating the vehicle I wanted was simply remarkable, he found the vehicle and had all specifications done to my needs, this was just awesome,and also Victoria Schiebel, this lady took her time to explained all the features and horse power and such, which the competition did not have, i am really satisfied with the dedication from this particular individuals in making my purchase awesome, it was so good that I refer a friend and she purchased a vehicle, Kudos to you guys. Thank You. Ray Oguendo

Worst car buying experience one can have.

by from Arlington, TX |

On April 19, 2014, I went into Vandergriff Honda to purchase a 2003 Nissan 350z they had in their inventory. The salesman(Eddie Vargas) and others said ?You have nothing to worry about? with the purchase of the vehicle but we still requested and left the lot with a 6 month "Platinum" warranty. They did not give us a copy of any purchasing paperwork or contract because they told us it would be mailed to us, which it never was. On 04/23/2014 (4 days later), We were told by the Finance Manager(Brian Ino) that he had "great news" and that our interest rate and monthly payment on the vehicle had gone down and that we would need to drive back to the dealership which is over 2 hours away to re-sign the contract. On 04/26/2014, When we had arrived at the dealership, we were taken into a room with the finance manager(Salah Hoque) and he made sure to point out the new interest rate and monthly payment. He then left the room while we sign the contract. After closer inspection, we then noticed they had removed the warranty on the second contract. When he had returned, we asked him why the warranty was no longer on the contract and his response was "The bank denied you the warranty because your car has too many miles on it." We then asked if there is any other available warranty for us to purchase, and we were told ?No. There is no warranty you can purchase?. We then spoke with the used car sales manager(Russell Spargo) about 2 minor problems the vehicle had which were the passenger window motor, and passenger power seat switch and we requested these items be fixed. He agreed and wrote out a repair order for us to take to the Nissan dealership in Killeen. Again after resigning the contract we still never received any copies of purchase paperwork because ?they will be mailed to you later.? Which they never were. On 05/05/14, We took the vehicle to the Nissan service department to get the car repaired. After numerous phone calls to Vandergriff Honda to have the repair authorized, we were constantly ignored and were left waiting for the dealership to authorize the repair. The car sat at the Nissan Dealership for over a week and a half while waiting for Vandergriff Honda to authorize the repair. Vandergriff Honda finally authorized the repair payment and we were able to pick up the car over a very minor repair on 05/14/2014. On 07/01/2014, We were driving on the freeway when the A/C began to blow hot air. Seconds later, we heard a lot of loud noises coming from the engine and before we had the chance to pull over, the entire vehicle locked up in the middle of the freeway, in a construction zone. We struggled to pull the car over on the shoulder. I checked the oil and the oil level was fine. The car's temperature gauge never went up and the battery had power. When I attempted to start the car, all we heard was a single thump. The vehicle was unable to even crank. We had the car towed to our house and called the dealership and spoke with the salesman(Eddie Vargas) about what happened but he very rudely responded with "Oh well, That's too bad, We tried to sell you a warranty but you denied it." and he hung up. We then had the car towed to a shop to get diagnosed. We were told that the engine threw a rod and the car needs a new engine after only owning it for less than 2 and a half months and before the second payment of the car was ever made. We have tried everything to get this dealership to make it right. I spoke with the used car manager(Brandon Guzman) and told him the situation and told him how they tried to sneak the warranty off of the contract. He asked if the finance manager(Salah Hoque) offered us to make payments on a warranty. When I told him what the finance manager told us, he said that he would make this right. We receive a call from him 3 days later and were told the only thing they can offer us is a discount on the repair from a Nissan Dealership.

Eddie Vargus review

by from Arlington Texazs |

Totally satified thus far. I purchased my vechicle a few days ago. At this point in time I a satisfied with the service rendered.