Vandergriff Honda

1104 West I-20, Arlington, TX 76096

New 214-393-9295
Used 214-446-2952
Service 855-315-9243

"Where you always get more!"

broke word every step of the way

by from Arlington, TX |

We bought a 2013 Accord at Vandergriff Honda in June of 2013. Initially, we negotiated a walk-out price via email. We confirmed that all we had to do was show up and pick out the color. When we showed up, picked out the color, they added $4k to the price and then circled the fine print saying it was a base price. After walking out and the manager finding us with the email chain indicating the walk-out price, they offered to honor the original deal. Then they said they could not honor it, but would give us the car on the lot for only an additional $500 above their mistake price. Then they said, they would not honor this new offer and would bring in a different car from elsewhere with almost all the same features - fortunately, we didn't care about the discrepancy in the features. All this within about 90 minutes!! So then we go back to the finance office were we got some deals on warranty and the neat skylink anti-theft system, etc. OK, we're happy and know the pain should be over and we'll pick up our new car later in the day. After calling the dealer several times after the time they told us they would call, they finally told us the car was in and only had to go through the wash. So we pack up the kids and go to pick up the new car. Only the car in the wash was for someone else!! The next day, the car is there and ready. Now they have the VIN and can complete the paper work...fine one more signature!! Then they say they won't honor the deals they offered in the finance office. OK, that's it, give me back my deposit, I'm leaving!! In reply, they decide to honor the finance offer. Fast forward 3 weeks. Where is the letter/communication activating the skylink? Where is the call/mailing saying the plates are in (which should have been in after 5-10 days after delivery). More calls to the dealer: plates aren't in (received letter next day saying plates are in); they will activate skylink. Fast forward 2 more weeks: what's up with skylink? they say skylink was never installed and we need to bring car back and wait 90minutes for them to install it. The only redeeming part of this whole fiasco is that Vandergriff tried to make up for their incompetence each step of the way.

Vandergriff Honda responded to this review

August 26, 2013

Dear Tom S., Thank you for the comment regarding your sales experience at Vandergriff Honda. I would like to apologize for our staff's dropping of the ball in your vehicle purchase. We do appreciate you leaving a review as any and all customer feedback is vital to us in improving our sales, parts and service departments. Our dealership's sales process is an area of constant refinement and enhancement as we strive to make the buying of our premium automobiles as smooth and efficient as the vehicles that we sell and service. Please contact me at your earliest convenience as I would like to discuss your sales experience with you in further detail. Thank you, Yuni Chon General Sales Manager 817-461-2323

Just Be Honest

by from Fort Worth |

On Thursday 8-15-13 I went to Vandergriff Honda in Arlington to buy a cash car. As I approached the entrance, I was greeted by a salesman. He ask if he could help me. I told him I was looking for a cash car between 5 and 6 thousand dollars. He said they just sent some used cars to auction but he would check to see what was left on the lot as soon as he finish some paper work. I sat for about 30 minutes with no help. Salesmen would walk by and speak and keep walking. Nobody ask if I've been helped or if I needed some help. Finally a young salesman walked over and ask if I've been helped. I told him that I spoke to someone over 30 minutes ago about buying a used vehicle. He said they were probably looking over the inventory. Well 20 minutes go by and still no help. He finally came back over to me and said he would help. We went outside and looked at several vehicles. We finally settled on a 2005 Pontiac Vibe. After the test drive, I said I would buy it if they fixed a few minor repairs including the check engine light. We went inside and completed the paper work. Since the salesman who helped me didn't come in until 11:00am the next day, I decided to wait until he came to work to finalize the sale and get the vehicle. About 11:15 the next day, he called to see if I was still coming in. I told him I would be there within 30 minutes. I had a friend drop me off since I would be driving the vehicle home. We went into the finance office and completed the paper work. The salesman went to get the vehicle. About 15 later, he returned and said the vehicle wasn't ready. The mechanic said it wouldn't be ready until Monday at the earliest. I told him that was unacceptable. I wanted to speak with management. After speaking with management, he explained that they wanted to make sure the vehicle was properly checked before they released it. He said they could probably have it ready by Saturday. I ask to speak with the mechanic who was going to work on the vehicle. They sent the shop foreman instead. I told him I didn't want to buy a vehicle if I was going to have problem with it six months later that would cost me more than what it's worth. He said once he put it on the monitor he could fix the problem that exists at that time. Six months from now it could be something else. He promised to include what he fixed with the final invoice. Saturday around 2:00pm I called to speak with the salesman. He was busy with a customer. He finally called back about 45 minutes later. I ask if the vehicle was ready. He said he would check and call me back. Around 5:30pm he called and said the vehicle would not be ready until Monday. He went on to say it's taking so long because there were 14 more used vehicle they were working on ahead of me. I knew then that there was something wrong with the vehicle that they were not telling me. When I told him when I purchased the vehicle on Thursday, I was suppose to pick it up Friday morning. He became upset and said he never promised me the vehicle would be ready on Friday. At that moment, I lost ALL respect for Vandergriff Honda. Why would I close a deal on Thursday knowing I can't get the vehicle until Monday at the earliest? I truly believe the owner of the vehicle traded it in because it was going to cost more to fix than what the vehicle was worth. Today (8-19-13) I will be there when the doors open to cancel the contract. Since I never drove the vehicle off the lot, technically it still belongs to them even though it's paid for. If they would have been honest up front, we could have work together. But what it came down to was a young salesman trying to meet his quota for the month and a dealership trying to get rid of a lemon.

sewingnana

by from venus texas |

do not go to this dealership. they will do a bait and switch on you. you go in to look at a car and they tell you they sold it last night, but they still have it listed on their web site. they say it take 24 to 48 hours to get off they stie, not. they will list your trade on their site and don't have any title or right to do so, calle d about my car on their site and they said it was on their lot, how could it be when it is in my driveway. they took all of my tags and stickers off of mine and damaged it while they it it for 3 weeks and ask for their car back, gave it to them and still waiting for my tags back they say they have to re tag my car. well they took it all off so they can pay for the re tagging not me, they shouldn't hAVE DONE THAT before they had clear title for my car and had financing for the car I wanted, big mistake. mr vandergriff would be so ashamed of what they have done with his good name and his dealership.

Rating

by from Dallas, Texas 75232 |

This is my third car purchased at Vandergriff Honda and I am very pleased with the purchases I have made and also the service I get when I take my car in for service. On my last trip there was a recall on my car and I had not received anything from Honda but the service Advisor Michael Symank was on top of things and took care of it. I highly recommend Vandergriff Honda in every respect.

Internet Service lacking

by from Arlington, TX |

Sent an internet request about the CR-Z twice and never received a response from the sales office. Almost as if they were not interested in getting a new customer.

Vandergriff Honda Quick to Help!

by from Cedar Hill |

Drove in near the end of the day on a Thursday night. I'd been trying for a while to figure out the replacement of my right head light bulb and couldn't get the bulb I bought, at a parts store, to fit correctly. I was greeted by Mike Symank and he was quickly able to determine two things. The first being that the bulb was wrong for the socket I was trying to connect to...and the second was that I had been trying to put a low beam bulb into a high beam socket. He made me feel comfortable in regards to my oversight and didn't belittle me, as I was just attempting to save a few bucks. After telling me what Vandergriff charges to replace the bulbs, I probably should have taken my Accord their first. He pointed out that the low beam socket was further in and even checked the connections for me right there on the service entrance. Turns out, he told me, the connection was just a little loose and possible road vibration caused it to wiggle out. He had all my lights working in no time. Thank you Mike and Vandergriff Honda for taking care of me once again.

Always feel welcome at Vandergriff Honda!

by from Mansfield, Tx |

Most recently, I called and spoke to Mike Symank about my check engine light. He told me about the most common reasons the light may be on and asked questions trying to pinpoint causes that might have contributed. He invited me to pull into the service department if I was close by and he would at least verify why the light was on. Upon arriving, Mike quickly showed me why the light was on and cleared it. He was right on the money with our phone discussion earlier ...fuel cap not tight enough. Thanks Vandergriff Honda, the little things matter most and keep me coming back.

Satisfied Customer

by from Arlington, Tx., 76013 |

I couldn't finish what I wanted to say on my last review for Howard Russell at Vandergriff Honda on I20 in Arlington,but I had been looking for a service person that I could use on a regular basis for a long time & it will diffinitely be Howard.I plan on buying another Honda in another yr. or two. You can bet I'll be asking Howard for his advise on what is the best for me, because I trust him....Phyllis P.

Vandergriff Honda, Arlington, Tx

by from Arlington, Tx., 76013 |

I can't say enough about Howard Russell at Vandergriff Honda in Arlington by I20. I'm handicapped & wasn't feeling well the day I took my car in for some repairs & a maintinance checkup. It took longer than expected, but I couldn't get over how kind Howard was to me. He kepted me updated on the repair progress. Always made sure I was comfortable, but most of all, wouldn't let me take my car unless he was sure it was in perfect working order.Thank you Howard!!

excellent service department!1

by from Fort Worth, Texas |

I have a 2004 Honda Element which I did not buy at Vandergriff, but took it in for a few repairs. I was received by Mike Symank who was very kind. My car was repaired exactly how he said it would be, it was in a timely manner & the bill was exactly as it told me it would be. Such wonderful service & wonderful people!