Pohanka of Salisbury

2010 N Salisbury Blvd, Salisbury, MD 21801

New 866-289-3256
Used 888-860-4075
Service 866-875-1905

What's Your Baby Driving?

Jelly Bean Count-Car Detail

by from Laurel, De |

I had the great pleasure of dealing with Chris Hagel and the gentlemen in the detail shop. My sister won a certificate on facebook when she counted the correct amount of jelly beans. She lives in Florida so I got to use her winnings which was a full car detail. Her and I were treated kindly and professionally..... Not to mention that I am thrilled with how my vehicle looks.....Thanks guys....all of you are wonderful!!

July 28, 2014

Hi Terry! We had a lot of fun doing the Jelly Bean count, too! Congrats on being the winner (well, at least for being the one to be able to get a clean car out of it) :-) Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience. We LOVE to hear that our customers are happy. We hope to continue to see you around and keep you happy. Don't forget to remind your sister that, although it may be a long ride to come for a full detail, we can deliver her next car to her when she is ready. We could use a trip to sunny FL! Have a great weekend!!

Quick and concerned response

by from Laurel, DE |

Thank you Meghan for your quick response and resolution to my issue. Your follow up along with David were much appreciated. Pohanka gave me a loaner vehicle while they coordinated the repair of the nav/audio system. The vehicle was ready to pick up a few days earlier then scheduled. When we arrived all components were working correctly and the vehicle had been cleaned and detailed inside and out. Thanks again for turning a negative experience into one with a happy ending.

February 28, 2014

Chris, You have no idea how happy I am that we are able to make things right for you and your wife. I will be sure to pass the message on to David. I know he was as concerned as I was that we get things right. I know I have mentioned this several times in our communications, but please feel free anytime in the future to reach out to me directly if you need help with anything at all. Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to work things out and for your business! We very much appreciate it... as well as the new review :) Have a great day!!

Lots of mistakes and no customer focus

by from Laurel, DE |

Bought an 09 Highlander from Pohanka Toyota. The salesman couldn't have been nicer but the management is another story. They let me take the vehicle home to test and I realized that the navigation and cd player were not working. I found this unusual since from what I could tell the vehicle had been on their lot for 2-3 months. They had no clue and told me that it had to be replaced. Replacement cost was $3000 but they could get an aftermarket for $1000. They said they were not willing to negotiate that because they were already losing $ on the car. Seems their estimator had given the previous owner way to much on the trade. They told me they were going to sell the car to a wholesaler. I had to then sell them on the idea of splitting the $500 for the replacement which was supposedly a brand new system with more bells and whistles. We finalized the deal. I take the vehicle back to have the nav system replaced as agreed. The tech goes behind the dash and finds that the only problem was a wire was not connected properly. Management decides to fix the wire and not put the new system in. Problem is no one tells me, the customer, what happens, so I drive the vehicle home thinking I have a new system only to find out its the old system and to make matters worse the cd player still doesn't work. Now they are pushing me off on the outside tech who has to pull the whole thing out of the dash. I have to ride around for a week with a hole in the dash and then figure out how to get back with the tech to have it reinstalled. Bottom line, they continually tried to make me pay in time, money, and inconvenience for their multitude of mistakes.

February 12, 2014

Chris, My name is Meghan Fitzgerald and I am the Internet Director here at Pohanka of Salisbury. First, let me thank you for your business and for taking the time to share your concerns. Without the communication we would not be able to improve and make things right. On behalf of Pohanka, I would like to apologize for the experience you have had and I promise you I have been working since I received your review to track down all of the parties involved to make things right. I have been in contact with the GM of Toyota sales as well as the Service Manager at Toyota and the GM of all of the stores as well as the Service Director, your Salesperson, and the technician who originally diagnosed the vehicle. With all of these parties working together we take full personal responsibility and admit that there was a mistake made while diagnosing the CD player/navigation. The Service Manager had a meeting with the technician responsible and handled that situation as I would have wanted it handled if I were the customer. I know that both the Service Manager and your Salesperson have been calling and making efforts to reach you to help rectify the situation with you. Again, I personally apologize for your experience and I promise we will do whatever we can to turn this around. Our customers are so important to us and we want each and every one to be happy. Please let me know if there is anything else you need or anything at all that I can do personally. You can reach me via e-mail at mfitzgerald@pohankaofsalisbury.com or by phone 410-202-3625. Thank you again for your business, voicing your concern, and in advance for the opportunity to rectify all of this. P.s- you should have also received messages from both Dave in Sales at 410-202-3434 and Tom in Service 410-202-3282. Those are their direct lines if you would like to reach back out to them whenever you can, I know they want to provide you with some options.

services

by from Berlin, Maryland |

I came to the Hyundai service on Dec. 31,2013. I was greeted by a very nice young man and asked me why and what was my cars problem. I told him I was to have my starter looked at due to a delay in starting. I turned off my car and restarted it for him so that he could hear it for himself. He responds " Oh, I see" I had already had a diagnostic check performed by another automotive center and the test indicated a problem with the voltage in the starter. My appt.was at 9a.m. at about 10:30 I am told that I need a new BATTERY NOT A STARTER well, I trust the mechanics only because they work for Pohanka. At roughly an hour later my car is finished and the bill $204.00. $60.00 for the diagnostic test and the rest is battery and taxes. I ask " how many years on the battery?" Young MSN gives me a guess and I'm not satisfied with that answer so I ask him to please go ask. The real answer is 84 months. I didn't know they even made a battery that lasts that long. So, here is the dissatisfied part of this experience. Less than 24 hours later my car won't START and it's Jan.1,2014.....office is closed due to the holiday. Now I have to call out from work tomorrow and take care of business. Be assured I will be on the phone tomorrow at 0730.

January 14, 2014

Irene, First, thank you so much for being our customer and for sharing. We appreciate it. I am very sorry that you were not 100% satisfied with your experience and understand your frustration. After receiving your review I immediately contacted our Service Manager at our Hyundai store as well as our Service Director who oversees all of our stores. It is our commitment to keep our customers happy and wanted to make sure we corrected this situation right away. Jeremy e-mailed me back right away saying that he had already spoken to you and that he had already helped you out. I asked that he give a reply back to your concerns (keep in mind, he did give me a heads up that he isn't good with words ;) ) Here is his reply: Irene, I am very sorry for the car trouble you experienced due to this situation. It is extremely important to us to fix a vehicle correctly the first time. We have since repaired your vehicle and I am confident that you are completely satisfied with the solution we provided. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make this right. Jeremy Gilmore Service Manager

Worth the trip!

by from Dover, DE |

Based on the nature of my job, it is difficult for me to talk on the phone for extended periods of time, or during various times of the day, in order to ask questions about and/or negotiate the purchase of a new car. For this reason, it is much easier for me to communicate via email most of the time. I began my search locally for a new Honda, but was somewhat displeased with the efforts (or lack thereof) of the salesman on email. I made contact with Pohanka Honda of Salisbury, MD, and almost immediately, Mr. Ryan Kelly, contacted me and began answering my questions and helping me out. He soon referred me to salesperson Ms. Melissa Williams, but still continued to follow-up with me to ensure that my questions were being answered appropriately. She too couldn't have been more pleasant and accommodating to me. Although more than an hour from home, I decided to take the trip to the dealership to meet Mr. Kelly and Ms. Williams and dicuss my trade-in, and I was not disappointed. They both treated me with care and kindness even though I continued to bombard them with questions. And although they didn't have the Honda Civic that I wanted in stock, they were able to get it for me within a couple days. It turned out to be one of the best car-buying experiences of my life as far as customer service goes, and was cerrtainly worth the trip! Many thanks to Mr. Kelly and Ms. Williams!

December 19, 2013

Kent, I absolutely LOVE to hear stories like the one you shared above, thank you. I am so happy that we were able to accommodate you. We appreciate your business and cannot thank you enough for making the trip from Dover and for your kind words. I will be sure to let Ryan and Melissa know how pleased you were with your experience. Have a great holiday season!!

great service

by from 21850 |

Test auto. Good deal on trade end.easy salesperson to do business wuth.nno high presure

October 31, 2013

We love to hear that our customers are happy. Thank you for your business and taking them time to write a review, we appreciate it. Have a great day!

Pohanka toyota

by from Salisbury MD |

Was turning in my lease on my camry so i was interested in purchasing a highlander. Talking with the saleman was like pulling teeth very rude kept cutting me off when i tried to talk. They lost the sale to another dealership.

July 11, 2013

I am very sorry that our Sales Person was rude to you. That is not how we treat our customers. I assure you. If there is anything I can do to rectify this situation, please contact me directly. If there is EVER anything we can do to help you in anyway, whether its in Sales, Service, Parts, or Collision Center, PLEASE do not hesitate to call me directly. I will personally make sure your experience is the best you have ever had anywhere. Respectfully, Chris Hagel Marketing Director (410) 202-3453 Chagel@pohankaofsalisbury.com

Hyundai Service

by from Fenwick Island DE |

I had my Sante Fe serviced here at Pohanka and they were great.. They gave me a vehicle to drive while mine was in the shop. Offered free valet. And the best part was the waiting room. Free coffee/tea/sodas, the chairs are so comfy and they even have free computers to use.

October 31, 2013

Thank you for the awesome review! We appreciate it!

Perfect Location and Great Service

by from Salisbury, MD |

Actual sales process was easier than ever. Car was cleaned well and finance was prompt. My first oil change I received a loaner car so that I didnt have to wait. Excellence all the way!!

October 31, 2013

We strive for excellence always. It's great to hear, thank you so much for your review and for being our customer!

This store was by far the most up front and honest

by from Ocean View, DE |

Was the easiest purchase ever and I would send any Toyota buyer to Pohanka...

October 31, 2013

Thanks, Becky! We believe in being honest and doing it right the first time. We appreciate your business!