Lone Star Ford

8477 North Fwy, Houston, TX 77037

New 888-410-4451
Used 866-662-4133
Service 888-767-2019

SAVINGS AS BIG AS TEXAS! Houston's 8 Time Ford President's Award Winner!

AWESOME EXPERIENCE!

by from Houston TX |

My experience was so great, my salesperson spent a lot of time going over the features of the car and helped me to narrow my choices between the Focus I bought and the Alero I chose not to buy. Got a great price and a fair deal on my trade.

Experience @ Lone Star Ford

by from HOUSTON,TX |

Hello, I had a great time dealing with the dealership.It was a no haggle,no crazy/harsh/situation,simply terrific experience. The salesman was great,knowledgeable,detailed and very friendly.

Overall Experience

by from Houston, Texas |

I bought a 2013 Explorer at Lone Star and was treated very fair with the front desk which was refreshing, it was not until I went to finance that my problem started. You see I let him talk me into the extended warranty where he told me that everything would be covered bumper to bumper for up to 100,000 miles and related months which I wanted due to the electronics. To cut this down in time I put 35,000 miles on the car in almost two years which in Houston is easy to do, I had Lone Star do all of the maintenance so no questions would come up if I ever needed to use the warranty. Well just last month I took it in for my oil change and asked the man in service about a check engine light I had come on a few days before, I had pulled the code and found it to be a $14.00 part and really no big deal but wanted to know what I need to do to get it fixed. He told me no problem and took the car to get the oil changed. In the meantime I was seriously looking to buy a Ford Dually and was looking on the lot and had two picked out that I was waiting for a salesman to come in to talk about with him since it was 7AM in the morning. After 1 1/2 hours the service writer came up to me and told me to get the check engine light issue fixed it would cost $200.00 for the part due to insurance deductible and $125.00 for labor plus taxes. Back to the finance guy, he never brought up a deductible when he was pushing on the up sale and I have to pay for labor also? I also found out that my 1 1/2 hour wait was just for them to give me a price for all of this and my oil was never changed so I ask him to get my oil changed and forget about all the time he put into writing me a quote when all I asked was if it was covered. Five minutes later the service manager came back in with him and asked me why I did not want to get the issue fixed and I told him I came in to get the oil changed and was inquiring if warranty would cover the issue that I told the service writer about (remember I told the writer what the problem was). The Manager at this time told me I owed them over a $100 for troubleshooting the issue and became aggressive about it. I demanded that they bring the Explorer around and that was going to be the end of it since they did not change the oil and I did not ask to have the Explorer to be put in for repairs other than an inquiry. After all of this and a heated debate with the Service Manager standing toe to toe with me I left and stopped by Chevrolet and as of today all I can say is that I love my new loaded LTZ Chevrolet 3500 Diesel Dually. Thank You Lone Star Ford! By the way, I have it in writing that I pay nothing for my Bumper To Bumper services.

Terrible service

by from Houston Texas |

My truck is still in warranty (2011) 27000 miles and the sun roof leaks water when it rains. They said it is a clogged drain and Not a warranty item . One service advisor said it looked as though it was never used and I said it was opened once when i saw the leak and once at the dealer. They want over $800 to fix it and that is for new seals . I said if it is the seal it is not the drain and if the seal is bad then it should be under warranty. They said if one part of the repair is not warranty then none of it is. Another service advisor said if I screamed and yelled they would fix it to make me go away but because I was a gentleman they would were refusing. I hope this makes you think twice about buying a Ford and about buying anything from Lone Star in Houston. I complained to Ford and they gave me a case number but the Manager looked at me like I was from Mars when I offered it to him. I think the dealer must have to absorb some expense on warranty issues because I have never been treated this way in my 50 years of buying vehicles (I am 70)

Lone Star Ford responded to this review

July 31, 2014

Hi Roy, We are disappointed to learn of the frustrations you have been experiencing trying to service your vehicle at our dealership. Ford determines what is covered under factory warranty and has the final say, and as a dealership we are binded by their end decision. We would like to learn more about this and we would be happy to look into what is covered by your warranty so we can work with you on a resolution. Please contact Glen Duncan, General Service Manager at 281-931-3385. Thank you.

Anthony Williams made the effort

by from Houston |

Update from below. Anthony Williams actually made the effort and contacted me about the bad review. He did say that he was dealing with the issues and would make sure that no one else would experience what we did on that Monday looking at the Z4. I hope that what he mentioned takes place.

Unpleasant at best. "Go away" attitude at least

by from Houston,Texas |

We arrived 15 min after Lone Star opened on Monday. Javier met us at the door, he was pleasant enough and showed us the used BMW Z4 we were looking at. We wanted to take it for a test drive, but noticed the low tire indicator was lit. Javier suggested that we take it out anyway as it had run flats. ????? We refused, he suggested we go to another dealer to look at the other car we were interested in and come back in a couple of hours. ????? Javier started the appraisal process, but didn't seem very interested in the car. We said we would wait a bit and at least get the appraisal on our BMW trade. We got lowballed. I asked to speak with the used car manager and Javier at the same time as there wasn't another customer on the lot. The used car manager said, it was out of his hands and that Corporate decided the trade in values. We said thanks for the coffee and we were going to the other dealer. We were then told "don't bother looking for more at Momentum as they were in the same corporation and it would be the same offer". I CHECKED WITH MOMENTUM--- WOW WERE THESE GUYS WRONG! We got a better car for less and a WAY stronger offer from them. Maybe they just don't want to work on deals with BMW's. Maybe if it was a Ford transaction they might have shown at least some interest. Great place to drink coffee and waste your time.

Lone Star Ford responded to this review

April 15, 2014

Hi Chris, We are saddened to hear of the frustration that you experienced in trying to find a BMW Z4. We strive to provide all of our customers with exceptional customer service and value for all of our vehicles. We would like to speak with you regarding your experience further. Please contact Anthony Williams, General Sales Manager at 800-803-4171. Thank you.

Best Ford Dealership in TX

by from Daisetta TX |

We had a used Honda that got totalled and we were looking to replace it with a Ford. The Honda mistake was not one we wanted to repeat and have had good luck with fords. We have bought at least ten over the past twenty years. We went to more than ten dealerships on Saturday, and the sales people either were pushy and rude and refused to negotiate their high prices, or else they did not even come out and try to help us. Then we drove into LONE STAR FORD, and Javier Perez came out to help us. We did not see any preowned on the lot that we were especially interested in, but after introducing himself, the first thing Javier said, was "Do you know what you are lookiing for? I told him a late model Ford Focus with low mileage for a reasonable price. He said well I think what you are looking for is inside.I couldn't imagine that it could be cuz I was not looking for brand new. But sure enough they had a precertified preowned 2013 which was what I was looking for and more.We love it! It is fully loaded and we got a good price and since our credit is not excellent due to medical bills and such, we were worried the interest would be horrible. But they got us good interest too! Found just the right finance company to borrow from with four percentage points less than our honda was financed for. Then the finance manager, Libo Guitierrez ,continued the great experience. He is very knowlegeable at his job, and so genuinely nice. Both Javier and Libo were genuine and neither of them talked down to us or treated any different because of our credit score. They just treated us like we were special people from the moment we got there. This is a one of a kind dealership. I highly recomend them.

Friendly salesman and staff

by from Tomball, texas |

We had a great experience. The salesman had a lot of patience with my husband since he could not make up his mind. They made the deal pleasant and we are very happy with the decision.

SERVICE DEPARTMENT

by from HOUSTON,TX. |

THIS FACILITY OFF 45 FRWY HAS THE RUDEST SERVICEMEN IN THE SERVICE DEPT.THEY TALK TO FEMALES AS IF THEY ARE IGNORANT,HOLLERING AND YELLING.I WILL BE TAKING MY VEHICLE SOMEWHERE ELSE, VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!

AWESOME!

by from Houston TX |

My dad and I just went there to look and left out driving our new truck. We didnt expect much since he had bad credit and I had no credit at all, but they promised they would have us driving out of the place with a new vehicle and they did. Thank you!

Excellent

by from Houston,Tx |

They are wonderful and really take care of business.