Volkswagen of Oakland

Service 888-711-0676

WOW ! There's something different about us

Very attentive

by from Ripon, CA |

Even though they didn't have exactly what I want, they were willing to work with me to find it. Great followup and will be glad to finally get that certain used car from them.

Love my new Tiguan

by from Berkeley,CA |

I was in the market for a compact suv. I wasn't attracted to any particular brand & just about all of it was going to boil down to my lease payment. I looked at the Rav4, CRV, Rogue & Tiguan. All of them had advertised lease specials at fairly attractive price points but the Tiguan was the most attractive. I called 3 Volkswagen stores to see if they would offer me any better a deal than what was advertised. All 3 said yes. I wont go to deep into why I didn't pick the other 2 but will tell you why I landed at this dealership. The person I spoke to - Sheena was very sweet, patient & most importantly genuine. That last quality was enough for me to visit the store. From start to finish the entire transaction went smoothly. Yes the finance guy did try to sell me stuff & I did purchase a 3yr service plan. The main reason I am writing this review is 4 days after my lease the tire pressure light popped up. I took the vehicle to the store to get checked where the service department for a nail in the sidewall. I knew that was never going to get covered under warranty but my momma always taught me to ask & I did. 15 mins later out walked the General Manager who was very nice & explained to me that the warranty would not cover it but he would not charge me labor, installation, tax & simply sell me the tire for $1 over his cost which he showed me what it was. Eighty dollars & I said ok. He was very gracious & filled up my tank with gas & that made it less painful.

Do not go to VW of Oakland for anything

by from Oakland, CA |

I have a 2002 GTI, have been to this dealer for repair, and whatever they repair keeps failing, and so I keep going back since they charged me over 1.5K, they need to find and fix it, they keep experimenting on my car just adding $ instead of finding the fault, at the end, after they changed any part you can think of from A-Y, they said , no it's the 'Z' part, and so my bill at the end came well over 3K. I had to negotiate the price, since I felt like they took advantage of me, and they were able to discount $700. This guys even took some VW accessory parts from me or they neglected to put it back, just stay away, horrible horrible customer service too.

Purchased Used Passat

by from Brentwood, CA |

Purchased a used 2010 VW Passat. I found the dealership to be friendly and accommodating. Of course it's the usual haggle over the bottom line, but in the end they met me half way and we made a deal.